Jump to content
mtbkym01

Team Losi jRX2 - 1/16

Recommended Posts

I would dearly love an original Jrx2 -- was always fascinated with the 5-link rear suspension.  It would be awesome if they did a re-re!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pre order one, I have an original jrx pro but always wanted a jrx2. I believe on the box or someplace it says why they decided on a mini version. It was not to compromise the value of the original. If you look up the channel rcretro on you tube he goes over that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cdanna76 said:

I just pre order one, I have an original jrx pro but always wanted a jrx2. I believe on the box or someplace it says why they decided on a mini version. It was not to compromise the value of the original. If you look up the channel rcretro on you tube he goes over that.

I get the reasoning from Losi, but the rerelease of the RC10 did nothing to negatively effect value of the originals. I would argue that if done right it would only increase market knowledge and value of the originals.  My $0.02 and certainly not directed at you Cdanna76!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooo, five link and everything. Now give us a kit version, Losi!

(And no, I don't mean a "roller." I mean a KIT.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll be the negative one. All that effort, all that attention to detail....and they made it 1/16 scale. Yeah, I read their reasoning. If you have to print your reasoning on the side of the box, its almost admitting, up front, it won't be a hit with everyone. You know what would be a hit with everyone? A legit re-re, RC10-style, with enough differences to separate it from the original but a fresh supply of parts for the old ones too. Sorry. Total facepalm in my book. If you love it, great. My 2 cents shouldn't detract from that and my opinion isn't worth the key strokes, just fodder for the discussion. My only aggravation stems from that they got so close and did such a great job shrinking it down, that getting the 1/10 real-deal is looking less and less likely, especially if they stick to their guns about their feelings on devaluing the originals. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is different I suppose, I am a Losi nutter now, the Losi are starting to take centre stage in my collection,

3 five link cars, 2 Pros, 2 Pro se, Jnr 2 and recently a LxT, I was happy it was just a mini tribute jrx2, is that selfish?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have made it 1/12 if they were determined not to make 1/10th. I am tempted though, just for fun. But I’ve already spent way too much with optima mid and some other things in recent months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero interest in a 1/16 scale, personally.  The Losi reasoning just sounds like a bunch of elitist hocus-pocus.

BIG turn-off. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FromageTheDog said:

Zero interest in a 1/16 scale, personally.  The Losi reasoning just sounds like a bunch of elitist hocus-pocus.

BIG turn-off. 

I understand how you feel , I thought the same way until I drove a friends brushless Mini T , to say I was impressed was an understatement. I had my Egress re re , hopped up and running a 8.5 t sensored on 2 cell lipo  and I couldn’t keep up with a well maintained original mini T , running the later stock brushless mini T combo

it was embarrassing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh me oh my!  I would love one of these!!!  :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first car was a Christmas present, the Hornet in 1986.  Craving a better car I saved every adolescent penny I could. Torn between the Optima Mid and Bolink Eliminator, I opted for a JR-X2 based on rave RCCA reviews.  I assembled it and immediately the damper seals leaked out.  The oil from the bearings cracked the orange plastic wheels. It performed worse than my Hornet [in my kid brain].  The front was light and understeered horribly. So I saved more kid money and bought ae gold dampers, aluminum wheels and stadium truck body.  Still disappointed by the slappy front end, it sat in my closet for nearly 20 years before going to ebay.  The look of the new re-re stirs up wistful bittersweet memories, but the distaste for 2wd off-roaders will never leave me. Not sure where I’m going with this, but I resent that old buggy. I shoulda got the Optima Mid.  Just to celebrate, I’ll not get the Optima Mid again and re-live that scenario…

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has also been announced these are coming in a Junior 2 and JRX Pro body shell, original box art obviously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Sorry. Total facepalm in my book. 

Agreed. I would have happily bought a 10th version. However, knowing Horizon it'll probably be discontinued after the first batch anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I would have put my order in for a 10th scale version instantly. I mean, it's neat, but I think it's a facepalm too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, Saito2 said:

Ok, I'll be the negative one. All that effort, all that attention to detail....and they made it 1/16 scale. Yeah, I read their reasoning. If you have to print your reasoning on the side of the box, its almost admitting, up front, it won't be a hit with everyone. You know what would be a hit with everyone? A legit re-re, RC10-style, with enough differences to separate it from the original but a fresh supply of parts for the old ones too. Sorry. Total facepalm in my book. If you love it, great. My 2 cents shouldn't detract from that and my opinion isn't worth the key strokes, just fodder for the discussion. My only aggravation stems from that they got so close and did such a great job shrinking it down, that getting the 1/10 real-deal is looking less and less likely, especially if they stick to their guns about their feelings on devaluing the originals. 

I must admit I'm with you on this one! The first thing I automatically thought was "why 1/16th scale" if your going to re-release just do it the scale it originally was:( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the release  video Losi stated they purposefully made a 1/16 mini so as to not alter vintage collector prices, if anything I think that the mini release will improve vintage Losi prices as they are under the spotlight and more people will want to get hold of an original.

I would love a 1/10 scale car, but I would really love a truck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

In the release  video Losi stated they purposefully made a 1/16 mini so as to not alter vintage collector prices, if anything I think that the mini release will improve vintage Losi prices as they are under the spotlight and more people will want to get hold of an original.

I would love a 1/10 scale car, but I would really love a truck

Yeah, that is stupid. 

I have a JRX Pro SE, from my childhood.  I'm not selling it.  So, it doesn't matter what the price/value of it is. 

I want to drive it, but I need parts.  An all metal transmission to put a burshless motor in it would be nice. 

I guess it will have to be a used shelf queen.  :(

Also, $320 for a 1/16... I can't imagine paying that for a 30 year old  1/10 unless NIB or some super special limited edition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would any company care about de-valuing originals?  I would think if anything they would seek to capitalize on them.  Always thought this car was cool, but mini-scale RC is a hard no from me.  Almost as annoying as the new mini-crawler phase people seem to be going through.  One of our monster truck racers showed up to the last race with a couple 1/24 trucks built from SCX24s and asked if anyone else was interested in building or running them, that was a big no from everyone :)  To each their own, but small scale RC just seems pointless to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Why would any company care about de-valuing originals?  I would think if anything they would seek to capitalize on them.

Exactly. While Losi seems to care about their heritage, they never showed much interest in re-living it, instead always pushing forward. I don't see Losi collectors in the same numbers as Tamiya collectors and Tamiya happily stamps out rereleases, regardless of the collectors markets. Tamiya (or any other company) doesn't make any money from vintage examples being traded on fleabay, but reissuing cars and parts to support them can help get older buggies on the road not to mention delighting us wanting to relive the glory days. Sorry, the whole bit about protecting vintage collectors sounds a bit like a line they're feeding us (IMO). Gauging response before pulling the trigger on the 1/10 version is still a possibility, no matter what they claim (or at least we can hope ;)).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is comical that Losi actually cares about keeping vintage prices intact, that is so noble. Maybe Gil has a few stacked away. I will admit it looks cool but 1/16 is a no go for me, i barely use my mini t 2.0, at that size they really cant be driving anywhere without getting stuck.  My friend had a jrx2 when it was released and the car did look awesome as a kid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DTSCB said:

Yeah, that is stupid. 

I have a JRX Pro SE, from my childhood.  I'm not selling it.  So, it doesn't matter what the price/value of it is. 

I want to drive it, but I need parts.  An all metal transmission to put a burshless motor in it would be nice. 

I guess it will have to be a used shelf queen.  :(

Also, $320 for a 1/16... I can't imagine paying that for a 30 year old  1/10 unless NIB or some super special limited edition.  

You don’t need an all metal transmission, you need a XX retrofit gearbox, bolt in for the Pro SE.

This one here has been modded with an Associated RC 10 B4.1 spur gear and dual pad slipper, brushless proof.

I am not sure where you are but where I am vintage Losi in good condition pull well over $320 , and that was before the pandemic inflated prices

I am actually building a new Losi this morning, a Junior 2, with a Pro SE slipper and of course it has to have a 5 link, the packet contains a Losi A -2030 5 link conversion set, 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...