tamiya_star

Tamiya New Release 58713

Oh, really hoping it's an EVO V or an EVO VI But knowing Tamiya it will be a road car version of the EVO X that almost nobody wants 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

OMG. So happy, one of Tamiyas best ever bodies imo. 👍 That's brilliant news.

James.

It's strange if Tamiya calls it "Lancer Evolution" wthout specifying which generation it is.

Let's think out of the box. Perhaps it refers to the first generation, which should have been called officially just "Lancer Evolution" without any number behind? (It was refered to as Evo I only after the release of Evo II.)

Maybe not a re-release, but a new production of an old model which has not been produced by Tamiya before? Just like the Audi V8 TT02 or 2CV M05?

1993_Lancer_Evolution1.jpg

Evo IV or V would be rad!  Those bodies are so hard to find these days...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Evo IV or V would be rad!  Those bodies are so hard to find these days...

Indeed. Hoping it comes with semi slicks like the TA03 version, makes it look very mean and aggressive in tarmac spec. 👍

RrRL5jm.jpeg

James.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:57 AM, Sprocket said:

And here I thought I’d be holding off on picking up more cars this year

Same here.... 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:58 AM, InsaneJim69 said:

Indeed. Hoping it comes with semi slicks like the TA03 version, makes it look very mean and aggressive in tarmac spec. 👍

RrRL5jm.jpeg

James.

So true....

But no, its going to be the road Version... that will save me a few bucks cos i dont want that... no ralli art stickers,  no gorgeous 5star wheels.... meh... 

Screenshot_20220531-073307_Gallery.jpg

If I read the description correctly, it comes with low friction shocks and cardan joint driveshafts (?)  so it seems to be a very nice spec!

First official box art pics have surfaced. Actually looks really good. Maybe be even better in a different official colour, Yellow or Red maybe ? 

Pleasantly surprised, wheels looks great too very much like the real cars wheels. No roof scoop, but it does have the WRC mirrors 🤔. Although that's easy changed. 

HaMQZiO.jpeg

James.

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

Kinda wished they would have ReRe’d the TA03F version

Me too. But least it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. 👍

James.

So, if this is a TT02, assuming an upgraded evo version, I could put a body on it from 1/10 Ford Mustang GT4 On-Road Kit (TT-02)?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DTSCB said:

So, if this is a TT02, assuming an upgraded evo version, I could put a body on it from 1/10 Ford Mustang GT4 On-Road Kit (TT-02)?

Yes pretty much all Tamiyas 257mm wheelbase bodies fit any of their 1/10 touring car size chassis. With the exception of some of the older low nose bodies for the IFS suspension cars. 👍

James.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

First official box art pics have surfaced. Actually looks really good. Maybe be even better in a different official colour, Yellow or Red maybe ? 

Pleasantly surprised, wheels looks great too very much like the real cars wheels.

Agreed, it looks great.  Wheels are pretty decent... they look like the BBS wheels... though I personally would have preferred the white 5 spoke... these will be fine.

A TA03 version would have been cooler... agreed... but we get what we get.  I may pick one of these up (or a body set if available?) just to swap the pretty bits to a TA03....

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Agreed, it looks great.  Wheels are pretty decent... they look like the BBS wheels... though I personally would have preferred the white 5 spoke... these will be fine.

The OEM wheels was made by OZ Racing.  

3 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

The OEM wheels was made by OZ Racing.  

My bad... I was thinking of the later models... My old Evo IX SE had BBS...