Saito2

Good from any angle.

Some Tamiya vehicles look simply beautiful. Now while no one car appeals to everybody some do to the vast majority. From a styling standpoint, I feel they look good from any angle. For example, to me, an Avante or Egress can be photographed from any angle and look gorgeous. The Grasshopper is great-looking buggy, no matter how you shoot it. Ditto the Hot Shot. An example of the opposite for me, would be the Top Force. From an aerial prospective, the cockpit looks rather small and the body somewhat wide and flat-ish. Drop to the ground and shoot it level and it become slinky and almost seductive in its beauty (ok, that sounds weird, but you get the idea). What cars look great to you, no matter how you view them?  

• Like 4

Hopelessly, massively predictable, but Grasshopper 2 and Thunder Dragon. I know the Thunder Dragon is very marmite, but it actually has the best proportions of the Coro Coro and thunder shot series cars. All the other bodies look great from some angles and super awkward from others. Super Dragon, Fire Dragon and Thundershot I'm looking at you (hopefully from a flattering angle). I am a big fan of the avante too, and I am partial to a Boomerang as well. Hot shots and terra Conqueror are close, but no cigars. Look amazing from most angles, but have little awkward bits. 

• Like 2

For me, the "good from any angle" that I haven't seen called out specifically: Hotshot II, Astute (original red), Wild One.

To second Saito2: Avante is the clear winner.  It's such an unabashedly pretty design.  Plus I particularly love the designs that have drivers (which is ironic -- I hated them as a kid, since I thought it made them look more "toyish").  I like the Egress -- the longer wheelbase in particular gives it a nice stance, but from the side, it -- particularly where the cockpit is -- looks too tall to my eyes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FromageTheDog said:

For me, the "good from any angle" that I haven't seen called out specifically: Hotshot II, Astute (original red), Wild One.

To second Saito2: Avante is the clear winner.  It's such an unabashedly pretty design.  Plus I particularly love the designs that have drivers (which is ironic -- I hated them as a kid, since I thought it made them look more "toyish").  I like the Egress -- the longer wheelbase in particular gives it a nice stance, but from the side, it -- particularly where the cockpit is -- looks too tall to my eyes.

Now you say astute and wild one, I totally agree! 

Bruiser.

Wild One.

Clodbuster.

Almost any road/rally car they've done...

• Like 1

I'm more into the scale vehicles.  Most Tamiya scale stuff looks really good from any angle but some are disappointing where the chassis can be seen.   For instance, I love the looks of the new Alpine A110 but the motor can and transmission are so low, that it really takes away from the scale looks from the rear view.  

• Like 1

Can't argue with the Avante and Egress. As for something that hasn't been mentioned yet my vote would have to go The Fox. Might be because it was the first Tamiya I saw, and the first hobby grade RC I saw, but to me it just looks absolutely fantastic. 

For me I would add the Vanquish and Dyna Storm to the list of good from any Angle.

I also love the DB01 Durga..... But like the top-force, it can look a little fat from above.

Yes, the Avante for sure. It’s hard to find a bad picture. 

I’m a fan and owner of the Egress but it’s body shape looks awkward, bloated and out of proportion at certain angles, especially when box art.

The Wild One 😍 looks great from everyone angle. 

• Like 1

I know I'll get some heat for this...

...but I'm gonna go ahead and say it: I love the looks of the infamous Manta Ray. In any guise other than box art. From every angle. If I had a few different Manta body shells, I'd be happy to experiment and see how different paint jobs can enhance its shape in different ways. Because I firmly believe that under that ugly duckling box art lies a real bombshell! Alright, enuff of that, you get the idea😅

That being said, I totally agree on the Avante: timeless, gorgeous lines from any angle.

And +1 for the original red Astute, though I love the looks of the Super just as much.

I also find the following models very good looking, although maybe not from any angle: Grasshopper, Hornet, Super Sabre, Thunder Shot, Thunder Dragon, Terra Scorcher, Dirt Thrasher, Super Hot Shot.

Mixed feelings about the Vanquish, but only cause I've never seen one in real life. I would probably like it very much as well.

Egress doesn't work for me, not from any angle. But again, somebody in this forum has achieved fantastic results by not going box art (who's the user that did it in Schumacher Cat's box art?? His name escapes me now so sorry for not quoting, but great idea and even better execution!!).

I agree with @Saito2 regarding the Top Force: fugly from certain angles, literally seductive from others.

I seem to be fascinated by most vintage looking buggies, anyway.

• Like 2

For me it's the original Astute. It's just right in every single way and angle, and the colour scheme etc is just super iconic and cool 👍

One that always has me confused is the Madcap. As much as I love it, it looks weird in certain angles. From the side it can look ok, from the rear 3/4 view it looks cool and aggressive. But just certain front shots make it seem weirdly high at the rear with the body shape etc. Still wish Tamiya would re-release it tbh.

James.

5 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

For me it's the original Astute. It's just right in every single way and angle, and the colour scheme etc is just super iconic and cool 👍

One that always has me confused is the Madcap. As much as I love it, it looks weird in certain angles. From the side it can look ok, from the rear 3/4 view it looks cool and aggressive. But just certain front shots make it seem weirdly high at the rear with the body shape etc. Still wish Tamiya would re-release it tbh.

James.

Hard disagree on the Madcap, it’s the best of that run if buggies by far imo, much better than the avante or agrees looks wise. 

my top three would be:

Madcap

Hotshot

Terra Conqueror 

it’s hard to judge the on road stuff, as they are all scale, so I can’t separate them from the real thing. 

Agree with the popular sentiments already mentioned, I'll add the Blackfoot.  

Taisan Porsche GT2 and the Nissan R91CP. Both are very true to the originals which on their own, just epitomize speed and beauty.

7 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Egress doesn't work for me, not from any angle. But again, somebody in this forum has achieved fantastic results by not going box art (who's the user that did it in Schumacher Cat's box art?? His name escapes me now so sorry for not quoting, but great idea and even better execution!!).

Me. I think ;) although someone else might have done it better.

Egress

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me it's the Hornet and the Super Champ / Fighting Buggy. I love the straight angular lines of both those cars.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Me. I think ;) although someone else might have done it better.

Egress

Fantastic work, my friend 👍👍👍be proud of this.

• Thanks 1

For me it is the Mini Cooper. It looks good from any angle.  Sometimes I think the Tamiya Mini Cooper looks even better than the real one.

getuserimage.jpeg

• Like 1

For me, the Bear Hawk is perfect from every angle. I could sit and stare at it when I was young as I thought it was so cool looking. 

• Like 2