Raptor1410

Lipo battery

Hi,good day to all.

I have a 3s 11.1v lipo that when i charge or put on storage it always times out. 2 hrs before that happens. I always use balance charge.

The battery does not get hot and when i check stats it is up to charge, one cell seems to be .1 volt lower than others. Is this a dangerous battery or not a problem? Thoughts? I have used it about 4 times but not sure if its safe. 

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Raptor1410 said:

I have a 3s 11.1v lipo that when i charge or put on storage it always times out. 2 hrs before that happens. I always use balance charge.

I'm presuming you're charging at 1C? 

4000mah - charge at 4 amp , 4400mah charged at 4.4 amp etc? 

What charger? 

Most of the budget chargers will only charge/discharge at 1 amp when on storage mode.

What are the cells voltage after running, when you first put them on charge? Are they a similar voltage then? I've had a few of the cheaper lipos in the past, where one cell has dropped a good bit lower than the others, meaning I've needed to be a bit more wary ,and stop running when the punch drops off, before getting close to LVC.

Thank you, i am using skyrc e680 charger 

I have a 3300mah and am charging at 3.3 amps. 

I am not sure what you mean when you say at 1c.

I set up charger options for amp and voltage and cells. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

Thank you, i am using skyrc e680 charger

Quite a good charger, upto 2 amp for storage charge.

3 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

I have a 3300mah and am charging at 3.3 amps. 

I am not sure what you mean when you say at 1c.

C = Capacity,  so 1C is, 1 x Capacity,  which in your case is 3.3 amps (3300mah), so yes, you're charging at 1C.

I would have thought charging from storage charge, should take no longer than 45mins. 

What is your cut off set to on the esc? 

It is a reedy esc which to my knowledge is a rebranded hobbywing 60amp esc but not programmable. It does say it detects 2s or 3s and adjusts cut off but not what that is. 

The time out on charger is 2 hrs. I will charge up my good 3s and give suspect one same time and see what the figures are and get back. 

Thanks for your time

• Like 1