CoolHands

Tamiya Mercedes C11

No one seems to have mentioned it so I will -_- all sold out now though

Model 47484

FB1CB945-549B-42D1-AA17-5E146F8462B9.jpeg.f589b62b0f147e4b5725756b6377ac96.jpeg

• Like 3

Yeah seems they have indeed all gone unless you want to get one on the secondary market? Like Ebay etc? I managed to get one locally after the hobby shop I originally ordered one from let me down! Paid a little more for it (the recommended RRP) so not to bad just need the time off work to pick it up and build it!

I kind of forgot I’d ordered this, turned up Friday!

Chassis is built and body trimmed but having a bit of a dilemma with the colour, generally I like to mix things up a bit but I’ve seen nothing but silver IRL and I’m not a great fan of silver really, and I’ve none in stock, I’m quite keen on champagne gold which I’ve buckets of or getting some PS13 and going full on gold like the picture, no idea why really, just kind of like the idea of something gold!

I have got some gunmetal I got for the CC02…

Any ideas on suitable colour that isn’t silver?

F32F7392-5754-451F-B87C-6C35E3DB178C.jpeg

• Like 2

I think it’s this Tamiya 51544 Ferrari La Ferrari, it’s my best google searching answer, no clue at all with Ferraris though, but I know I like the gold and black!

16B4DE24-C1AD-4B54-9328-DE35E515B61B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I've just finished building my C11, and its a beauty! I'm not interested in it as an investment, so i might even paint it non-box art :)

Hey guys, this thread is too quiet! Looks like a few of you have already built this kit @moffman@Chaosfruitbat@Nwc100. Any thoughts on the build? Motor & servo choice etc? I will probably go non box-art, curious to see what you guys have done.

Does this kit include bearings? Any other hop-ups out there? I'm looking at you @Juhunio :D:D

• Like 1

Well, I made a hatchet job of the paint job, annoyed at myself for not keeping it simple! I’ve not put electronics in it yet, that will have to wait til August and then find somewhere to run it as well!

i’ll pop a picture up of its awful paint job shortly 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Room335 said:

Hey guys, this thread is too quiet! Looks like a few of you have already built this kit @moffman@Chaosfruitbat@Nwc100. Any thoughts on the build? Motor & servo choice etc? I will probably go non box-art, curious to see what you guys have done.

Does this kit include bearings? Any other hop-ups out there? I'm looking at you @Juhunio :D:D

R mate what a excellent build it was my first built of that type of rc car (on road) I've gone for a ezrun brushless set up with 2s lipo I did take it to what I thought was a smooth empty car park and good straight bit of road but it was so uneven but the speed was incredible but far to unpredictable with the uneven surface! And I think that is going to be my Achilles heel with this car! Rear bearings but no front axle bearings!

20220613_204106.jpg

20220613_203810.jpg

• Like 14

13 hours ago, Room335 said:

The back page of the manual for the R91CP Group C has a list of Hop Ups, not a huge amount but a few things to keep a look out for

Pretty sure you can use a TRF mini aluminium damper in place of the kit CVA too

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

That looks great @moffman! The body panel lines really make it pop. Not sure where you’re located but if you have access to a hard surface tennis court, that’s a great place to run a pan car. 

• Like 1

Yeah we have a few tennis courts which at the moment because of Wimbledon people are on them thinking they are seasoned professionals:lol: but more importantly we have the little jobsworth who sniffs out anything he deems inappropriate when using said court or any park amenities!

• Haha 2

WOW! that looks amazing! I hope you find a really smooth parking garage or tennis/basketball court and get to run it safely. I'd hate to see such a nice build get the usual street treatment that most of my onroad cars eventually receive. 

• Like 1

What I'm reading is that if I know where to snag one of these kits locally... I should?  :lol:

I have finished mine as well! Apart from ordering bearings for the front axle (4x 1150) and differential (3x 1280) the chassis is stock. I made a small modification to the body however:

While preordering the kit I noticed the box art features side mirrors that aren't included in the build – but in my eyes they add a lot to the look of the car. I have the 84228 FF-03 Vectra and figured the mirror and their mounting with screws would match the C11 as well. So I ordered the 9005468 HKS Vectra H-Parts, painted the mirrors with X7 Red and … had them mounted too high on the first try. Due to the curvature of the cockpit they pointed upwards and looked like bunny ears :D Mounted them further down and am now happy with the look, but you can see the original drill hole above the mirrors.

Haven't finished the electronics – and honestly don't know yet if it will be a runner.

IMG_0056 Large.jpeg

IMG_0057 Large.jpeg

• Like 10

On 7/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, zuqbu said:

While preordering the kit I noticed the box art features side mirrors that aren't included in the build – but in my eyes they add a lot to the look of the car.

Little details like this make all the difference. It's a cool-looking car, but I prefer the C9, which tamiya makes a 1/24th plastic model of. Too bad they didn't make that in 1/10th. 

When I saw people were getting their C11's delivered, I got the itch to try to order one. Earlier in the day I saw Tower still had their pre-order open. Wheb I was ready to pull the trigger, it was on backorder. I backordered it and just hoped for the best.

Today, I got an email saying it just shipped.

Their site says their next shipment will be in September. I was under the impression that they did one run and were finished. I'm glad that wasn't the case. 

• Like 1

Totally forgot to check back on this!
Mine is box art and looks gorgeous, but I really dont do shelf queens, so i might be running it soon in my local F1 class. I've got a l&l models 787b body that i can pop on it, after shortening the wheelbase, so i'll post back if i actually do it

On 9/20/2022 at 12:36 AM, Joelonghair said:

I know I'm late to the party - but if anyone want to get rid of their kit please let me know. Ta! (unbuilt only as I want to build it!)

If you'll settle for a new one, TQ Racing Model (on Facebook) has just restocked and has a few. They don't appear to have a web store but their Facebook 'about' page has an email address and it says they ship worldwide. No idea on price though. 

Looks like rcjaz has them in stock too.