Golden

F1 cars….

Is the Xray X1 Luxury the chassis to get for 2023?    I have no idea, but it looks promising..  I am guessing I will also need to get the Xray body..does any of the Tamiya F1 bodies fit?  TIA. B)

I am only going to get one F1 car to decorate my pretend RC shop, similar to the 420X to represent race trim touring car, so I want it to be 'the one'.. if that makes any sense. 

The XRay kit is beautiful... everything they do is.  I like some of the optional front wings they have for that kit also.

I think the body question is one of trial and error... my understanding is that some Tamiya bodies work on some of the XRay stuff, but that it's not always 100% plug & play.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2022 at 2:47 AM, Willy iine said:

Is the Xray X1 Luxury the chassis to get for 2023?    I have no idea, but it looks promising..  I am guessing I will also need to get the Xray body..does any of the Tamiya F1 bodies fit?  TIA. B)

I am only going to get one F1 car to decorate my pretend RC shop, similar to the 420X to represent race trim touring car, so I want it to be 'the one'.. if that makes any sense. 

XRay is the go to for most people who are buying a new F1 chassis, although Schumacher seems pretty popular too. Funnily enough this is the class where people would buy Tamiya and anything from F103 can be competitive on the right surface, but Tamiya aren't making the TRF102 or TRF103 anymore. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Muddfoot said:

Any help on alternative spur gears that work on the F104s?  Thanks 

Any brand works which are designed for the F1 balldiff. I use Associated ones. Just check which size balls they use, Associated use 1/8" but Tamiya use 3mm

They look like this and are usually branded Associated but made by someone else (I think mine are Kawada, but these are Kimbrough)

https://www.rcmart.com/team-associated-spur-gear-69t-48p-kimbrough-3921-00067518

You'll need diff balls too, pretty sure they're 1/8" rather than the Tamiya 3mm balls.  Ceramic are harder but cost more

https://www.rcmart.com/zen-g3-steel-1-8-inch-differential-balls-32pcs-z3032-00067341?search=diff balls

https://www.rcmart.com/zen-g3-ceramic-1-8-inch-differential-balls-17pcs-z3017-00067339?search=diff balls

I run 48p in all my cars but many prefer 64p, it just depends on what pinions you have.

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can source a lower CF deck for the 104F Pro2 (latest one out in the marker).  TIA. B)

On 12/21/2022 at 9:07 AM, Willy iine said:

Anyone know where I can source a lower CF deck for the 104F Pro2 (latest one out in the marker).  TIA. B)

It could be worth contacting Exotek to see if they can make one. They used to do a lot of hopups and conversion kits for Tamiya and their products are top notch.

The other one would be Fibrelyte in the UK, they will cut anything for you if you send them the measurements. They do ship globally (well down here at least)

• Thanks 1