alvinlwh

What are you doing this super long Jubilee weekend?

So we in the UK have a super long weekend to celebrate our queen's 70th Jubilee. Four straight days of uninterrupted break. What are you doing/planning to do? 

Unfortunately for me, I will not be doing any RC build as I have no kits on hand and due to a combination of the cost of living crisis and my long haul holiday in October, I will not be buying any for the moment. (actually that is not true, I just bought two kits, they are just delivered to the wrong side of the world to be picked up in October).

So for me, I will be digging up the garden to remove the tons of rocks and building planter boxes instead. 

What about you? 

• Like 1

No long weekend for me I am afraid. It's not a holiday for me. We get back 2 floating days at work to take when we like. 👍 So it's Nightshift as usual for myself, but I do have my usual Saturday and Sunday off 

James.

• Like 1

First another trip to the hospital on Friday morning but hopefully off to the "Ardennes" from Friday evening to Monday evening. The plan is to get my CC-01 Unimog repaired/rebuild and take that along for some trail driving and light crawling. 

This has been repainted 20220412_181853.jpg

But still a lot of wires have to be extended to fit the interior into the body and the body on the chassis in a more comfortable way + get the winch working again... 

If I were to build I would be...

Finishing my GF01 to monster truck conversion. It's going well, but I need to finish the suspension mounts and body

Finishing my second QD Monster Truck. I really just need to solder in the new ESC and add a servo and brushless motor, converting to hobby grade stuff

Finishing my second QD buggy - this one is going to have a Monster Beetle Trail body making a 1/14 sand scorcher type car. Again, all lined ready to solder up, although I do need to make a new battery case for it. 

.....but I am working today, and Sunday and have a 8 week old, so I might just be able to get 30 mins done if I'm lucky!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spent lunchtime today with my 97/94 year old parents at their Care home Jubilee party. Working tomorrow and Saturday and off Sunday. Hoping to get a bit more GOM building done in the spare moments 

• Like 5

Honeydos mostly this weekend 😂

Today -

Removed two large bushes from the back garden, which created two tip runs.

Put the bunting up.

4G broadband thing sorted.

4 boxes from our move last year emptied. 

Fed my daughters rabbit and budgies (they don’t live with me).

Numerous other small home based jobs. 

Got petrol for the lawnmower for tomorrow.

BBQ on and a cold beer now for Cinderella  😂

Happy wife 😊

• Like 3

4 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

We get back 2 floating days at work to take when we like.

I actually prefer this. At least this way, will not be forced into doing things with the crowd (check out the airports! 😱

• Like 1

Took the Elgrand to get a new stainless exhaust made up today, and finished loading up for the big weekend.

Tomorrow - Bath & West show with the family, then leaving there mid-afternoon for the long haul north to Stoke-on-Trent for an overnight stop in a cheap hotel.

Up early for a quick brekkie, then off to Carlisle for the practice day of the Iconic Cup Round 4, a whole day of practice, followed by a sausage and bean stew and some beers with my fellow campers.  Overnighting in the van.

Up early next morning for a long day of racing, then heading off to a hotel near Ullswater for 3 nights of beer and restaurant food and 2 days of walking in the fells, followed by a long jaunt cross country to get home again next Wednesday.

Long live the Queen.

• Like 2

Today will be cutting the grass and pottering until we go to some friends for cocktails and pizza 👍

• Like 2

Start work in half an hour. Finished by 13.30 so not too bad.!!!

Village fayre yesterday followed by takeaway & drinks with the extended family, work today tomorrow. Chill on Sunday with the kids. No RC time planned & trying to buy/sell/ move house is taking up most of my spare time right now. A deal is close :) 

• Like 1

Had the day off yesterday (not jubilee B/H) it just so happened my days off work fell on this weekend so I suppose I'll get the days back? So yesterday I was building my optima mid and today going to a street party we've been invited to:mellow:  I don't really want to go But wife's orders:wacko: I did a rain dance last night but half way through I thought "even if it rains we will still be going" so I quickly stopped! Trying to strike a conversation with people I don't know and nothing in common with and probably never see again is not my idea of fun on my day off but I suppose it's only one afternoon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, moffman said:

I did a rain dance last night but half way through I thought "even if it rains we will still be going" so I quickly stopped!

Not in Manchester are you? Reminds me of this song 

• Haha 2

Spent yesterday afternoon stuck on the M6 northbound heading to Manchester for a weekend with my cousin and his family. Got here eventually, lovely evening catching up for the first time since 2019, off into the city tonight for a fancy tasting-menu meal to celebrate his 40th, seeing my aunt and uncle on Saturday morning then back home to Cardiff via the rural border roads on Saturday arvo 

Earlier this week my wife won a 1kg Wagyu tomahawk steak in a Twitter competition, so I’ll be bbq’ing that on Sunday 😋 No RC, but a pretty great weekend for sure 😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

Village fayre yesterday followed by takeaway & drinks with the extended family, work today tomorrow. Chill on Sunday with the kids. No RC time planned & trying to buy/sell/ move house is taking up most of my spare time right now. A deal is close :) 

🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

Spot of power drinking

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Not in Manchester are you? Reminds me of this song 

No not my fault.....if its rainy:ph34r: but I forgot to mention we were at said friends who invited us last week (l loaned them my jet wash I was dropping it off) and he casually told me the house 4 doors down is up for sale because the husband of the house had just gone to prison for drug dealing and police used the house opposite as a stake out:blink:........that's going to be a good street party then:wacko: the thing is it looks like a very respectable street the last thing you would expect is something like that?

23 hours ago, moffman said:

…the husband of the house had just gone to prison for drug dealing and police used the house opposite as a stake out:blink:........that's going to be a good street party then:wacko: the thing is it looks like a very respectable street the last thing you would expect is something like that?

All sounds very Breaking Bad 😯

On 6/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, Nikko85 said:

Finishing my second QD Monster Truck. 

Finishing my second QD buggy - this one is going to have a Monster Beetle Trail body making a 1/14 sand scorcher type car. Again, all lined ready to solder up, although I do need to make a new battery case for it. 

I thought I had all the quick drives??

Although I don't have any of the monster ones anymore. :(

I just bought a new/2nd hand  gearbox for mine after this *happened.

*It didn't just "happen", I hit a kerbstone at +30mph.

JB10XXr.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

All sounds very Breaking Bad 😯

It actually wasn't that bad I take back almost everything I said:) the residents of that street were very friendly and although we weren't from that street it didn't matter at all! But when I say almost.......oh mate what is it about fn karaoke machines the minute someone drags one out people automatically think we all want to listen to them screaming down that microphone:( I can't tell you how much (because this is a light hearted family form) I have a distaste for karaoke machines!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, moffman said:

I have a distaste for karaoke machines!

Something else we have in common :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Something else we have in common :D

I have this uncontrollable urge to! Obviously the car would be the karaoke machine branch the biggest hammer I can find! Then after........no you can't sing and no I don't need blood coming out of my ears!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

Apart from being a dad taxi for my kids  I managed to spend Friday Friday sorting out my electric’s install. Then went out and raced the car and won on ots first outing :)

I’ll spend the rest of the weekend celebrating. If I’m allowed. 

4554961C-55DC-46EA-B1B3-D7584C6AF802.jpeg

• Like 1