Sign in to follow this  
Trogdortheburninator

More issues

Seems to be that time of year where nothing seems to work right. My axial ax3 transmitter and ar3 receiver seem to have some sort of issue. I have these in my Tamiya and was going to take on a bash today, I turned everything on, and I had throttle control, but no steering. I rebound the receiver and transmitter and found that I still had no steering. The steering servo will move while turning the adjust knob, but will not be controlled by the wheel intended. I then plugged the servo into another receiver/esc/transmitter on a different truck, and it worked. It actually gave the servo a greater turn radius than before. Any ideas?

Here is my setup https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-ax3-2.4ghz-2channel-radio-system-w-ar3-receiver-axi24206/p215280

Possibly a bad pot on the steering wheel, or a bad connection to the pot inside the Tx? Dumb question but are the batteries good on the Tx?

I'm thinking that if the servo turns in response to the trim knob but not the wheel, everything is fine on the car end. The problem lies within the transmitter itself, most likely with the steering potentiometer or the connection thereto as previously mentioned.

Unless of course your transmitter has steering rate adjustment and it has been turned right down to 0?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Unless of course your transmitter has steering rate adjustment and it has been turned right down to 0?

Ha, was thinking the same :D

• Like 1

Newbie mistakes are great as they are usually easy to fix. Its the expert mistakes that are stinkers :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2