Dumb question. Does any one remember a Tamiya Representative who would post builds and extras on the forum? I think his name was J Anderson. He had some nice builds and ideas. Everything disappeared when Tamiya Club Forum Re-Launched to this new sight. This was years ago. He did Semi Trucks. High Lifts, and others.

Does any one have information on why the posts went away or even remember him? :(

8 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

Dumb question. Does any one remember a Tamiya Representative who would post builds and extras on the forum? I think his name was J Anderson. He had some nice builds and ideas. Everything disappeared when Tamiya Club Forum Re-Launched to this new sight. This was years ago. He did Semi Trucks. High Lifts, and others.

Does any one have information on why the posts went away or even remember him? :(

I remember too; I followed builds on the Tamiya Crawler forum. 

Yes, he was from Tamiya USA. IIRC, it sticks in my mind that one of his custom creations evolved into the High Lift. We were quite happy to have the High Lift in those Bruiser-starved days when it looked like there was no chance of it coming back. Many felt the High Lift was/is a better, more rugged runner than the original Bruiser. I don't know if it was part of the reason why he left, but I seem to remember (and this was a long time ago so I might totally be wrong on this) some previous forum members debating his knowledge or credentials or something. One of said members has had their content completely wiped from the forum (except where it was captured in other peoples post as quotes).

PS, sorry if I'm mistaken on any of this. I've been on here for a long time as Saito, Rockcrusher and Saito2 and I do forget things from time to time. I'm happy to be corrected if need be.

• Like 1

Saito2 - That sounds about right. He was on many forums with links that would take you to this site, which come up as 404 error, do to the forum update years ago is when it all disappeared.

I remember a Tundra build where he added a winch to the front end (Looked real good) and others. His build content was well done and organized. Blast from the past.

Thanks every one!

Here's his profile - you can find topics etc he's posted in from there;

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/profile/1040-janderson/

Unfortunately, the links in the Tundra build thread all go to dead pages on tamiya.com

Edit - found the links in web.archive:  https://web.archive.org/web/20091224161252/http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=378

and1.jpg    and2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TWINSET - Thanks for that! Went to the Tundra build and it brought back memories. Well done write-ups.

Thanks again for the links.

• Thanks 1

He also did a thread where he filled the holes in the holiday buggy body....

He did many different builds with ideas and hints. His builds were across all types of kits, crawlers, semi's, and more I am forgetting about. They were on many forums also. He had a lot of good stuff.

I remember people saying we have a spy among us, (different forum) but really wasn't that way. If Tamiya were getting information they could do that with out him doing posts. Meaning like Grand Hauler was made from all "our" ideas. But it gave us what we wanted in a kit. So I don't know what that was all about?