DTSCB

Just finish Super Clod Buster build and don’t want to drive it outside

I got a Super Clod Buster kit back in 2017 and built it, painted it, but life got in the way before stickers and clear coat and final body assembly.

i just finished it this past weekend.

it looks so nice, I don’t want to drive it outside.  Painting and stickers were so much work.

My son wants to take it out and do wheelies.  I said the stock motors won’t do that.

My baby is so pretty.  What to do?

A9C786B3-B662-42A5-B155-0737F8B86590.thumb.jpeg.a6d376e12f42af4615002a2d813b22d9.jpeg

• Like 4

Let it 'cure' on the shelf for a few days to admire it, then take it out and THRASH it!

Scratches are memories :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Let it 'cure' on the shelf for a few days to admire it, then take it out and THRASH it!

Scratches are memories :D

I was thinking about thrashing it over my kids toys that they don't pick up.  Inside of course.  Can the toys pile high enough that it will get stuck?

9 minutes ago, DTSCB said:

I was thinking about thrashing it over my kids toys that they don't pick up.  Inside of course.  Can the toys pile high enough that it will get stuck?

I like that idea. Let me know if it works as my daughters need a hand to tidy up sometimes 😬

17 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Buy a cheap runner body…

I tried to search for those and didn't find anything other than maybe just any plastic body and cut holes to fit?

Suggestions?

1 hour ago, DTSCB said:

I tried to search for those and didn't find anything other than maybe just any plastic body and cut holes to fit?

Suggestions?

JConcepts makes several inexpensive bodies for the Clod.  They are all 10.5” wheelbase. I think I would start with a Amain or eBay search for “clodbuster body” and go from there.  The important thing here is the 10.5” wheelbase…

https://jconcepts.net/Monster-Truck_c_64.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTSCB said:

Suggestions?

I purchased a Proline F100 '66 body for mine. I still haven't got around to painting it but it's going to fit pretty well...

IMG_4105

• Like 3

Runner body definitely sounds like the way to go. If you wanted to get your lad even more involved you could even let him paint the runner :)

• Like 1

No point having a beautiful wife, and being celibate!! 🤷‍♂️

Fling an 880 esc in ,run 2s for wheelies, 3s for backflips, then go have fun, and make memories. 😀

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

JConcepts makes several inexpensive bodies for the Clod.  They are all 10.5” wheelbase. I think I would start with a Amain or eBay search for “clodbuster body” and go from there.  The important thing here is the 10.5” wheelbase…

https://jconcepts.net/Monster-Truck_c_64.html

I ordered one of these from tower: https://jconcepts.net/1993-ford-f-250-monster-truck-body.html

I should have it tomorrow. 

I like the idea of having the kiddo paint it.  :)

Thanks!

• Like 2

Stand by for a flame paint job. Everyones inner 10 year old loves a car with flames :)

• Like 3

Super Clod is a great truck, and a lot of fun to run.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Clod will do reverse willie with stock motors.

i had the same issue with my 6x6 from another brand after adding thousands of $$$ scale parts I don’t want to drive it so I ended up buying 2nd truck to play with.

Or just buy another body or lexan one for runner like mentioned above. Oh and also new front chrome bumper as those get scratched easily.

38 minutes ago, JYCM3 said:

Clod will do reverse willie with stock motors.

Like it will do it in reverse only?  (And not forward?)

8 hours ago, DTSCB said:

It was back in 1987 so I don’t remember doing forward I only remembered it will do in reverse. when I first drove it, I was going forward then I had to brake hard so i hit full reverse and it popped a reverse wheelie and scratch up the  front bumper on a brand new truck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DTSCB said:

It does it both directions as the truck is basically symmetrical. Not usually from a standing start. Its just seems more prevalent BITD with the old MSC because it lacked brakes and panic stops going forward into reverse would cause it.  

• Like 2