I took my Losi out on Sunday but got sidetracked from running it much. I took 2 fully charged 3s packs with me so now I have probably one and a half left. I’ll use the half today. Question is how long can I leave a fully charged pack until I put it into storage?

Why not take the fully charged pack with you so that you don't have any full packs left over?

Ideally you'd put a storage charge in the packs within a day (it's not that hard to get your charger out). I'd only start worrying after a week. I've absent-mindedly left packs fully charged for months in the past and they have been fine, although I wouldn't recommend it.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sosidge said:

Why not take the fully charged pack with you so that you don't have any full packs left over?

Ideally you'd put a storage charge in the packs within a day (it's not that hard to get your charger out). I'd only start worrying after a week. I've absent-mindedly left packs fully charged for months in the past and they have been fine, although I wouldn't recommend it.

I will take both packs but not sure how long I will have. True the chargers on my work desk so only got to plug it in. Just trying to save a charge as I might get a chance to use it again on Sunday!!!

Best to return to a storage charge within 24-48 hours. There is some leeway here, but it's not much with Lipo's. When they are fully charged and left unused, they tend to outgas. Being the cells are sealed, this is what leads to a puffy pack. 

Though I am guilty of leaving mine for maybe a week fully charged, that's all it took for a few of them to puff. It comes down to quality as well. Cheaper packs tend to puff sooner. Though I've had a Venom 3s battery puff and pop the hardcase open after only 3 days. YMMV.

-RC Perspective

Better get using then. Probably better to use the full one first to bring it down to nearer storage charge?

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

Better get using then. Probably better to use the full one first to bring it down to nearer storage charge?

That would be correct. 

-RC Perspective

1 hour ago, RC Perspective said:

That would be correct. 

-RC Perspective

Just been out and Run it to cut my off. Holy Moly if you’ve never driven anything like the Losi Raptor I seriously recommend it

• Like 1

Just now, Busdriver said:

Just been out and Run it to cut my off. Holy Moly if you’ve never driven anything like the Losi Raptor I seriously recommend it

Sounds fun! That thing looks like a beast.

My TT02R is stupid fast and fun to drive! Having stability control and a tight chassis makes a huge difference on a TT02.

-RC Perspective