Ducky177

Tamiya TT02 build help?

Part of the reason I retired the body was because of how wide it is.

I used like 10-15mm hex adaptors, but the 15mm required those extended nuts and I didn't like running those at high speed. 

I wound up running BSR Racing 32mm Foams. They're deep and extra wide for grip. Anything over 60mph and you'll want foams anyway. The rubber tires, unless belted, will start to deform at these speeds.

For this body, the deeper the offset on the wheels, the less thickness of hex spacers you'll need. I think starting with a -8 or -10 offset wheel will get you pretty close. You want deep rims for this one. Now that I think about it, the deep 32mm Tamiya 2 piece wheels would probably work great for this body, but you'd need 4 rears and they can be hard to find.

It actually looks better than I thought in white. I think the Millennium Jade one also looks good.

-RC Perspective

21 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

I used like 10-15mm hex adaptors, but the 15mm required those extended nuts and I didn't like running those at high speed. 

I wound up running BSR Racing 32mm Foams. They're deep and extra wide for grip. Anything over 60mph and you'll want foams anyway. The rubber tires, unless belted, will start to deform at these speeds.

For this body, the deeper the offset on the wheels, the less thickness of hex spacers you'll need. I think starting with a -8 or -10 offset wheel will get you pretty close. You want deep rims for this one. Now that I think about it, the deep 32mm Tamiya 2 piece wheels would probably work great for this body, but you'd need 4 rears and they can be hard to find.

It actually looks better than I thought in white. I think the Millennium Jade one also looks good.

-RC Perspective

I'm currently running the stock hex adapters with 26mm wide/61 diameter wheels that has 3mm offset and in my opinion the fitment is basically perfect. Except for that the wheels look a bit small.

IMG_20220706_002433.jpg

10 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

-RC Perspective

And what wheel diameter did u use?

(Sorry for all the questions)

13 hours ago, Ducky177 said:

And what wheel diameter did u use?

(Sorry for all the questions)

Standard 1:10 touring car wheels.

Those wheels you have look to be much more than a -3 offset. But that seems to be an issue with aftermarket wheels; some of them don't list the correct offset.

-RC Perspective

1 hour ago, RC Perspective said:

Standard 1:10 touring car wheels.

Those wheels you have look to be much more than a -3 offset. But that seems to be an issue with aftermarket wheels; some of them don't list the correct offset.

-RC Perspective

Ok, yeah I thought so too because they sit much wider on the car than 3mm more than my stock ones with no offset. Thank you so much for all the help you have been giving me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ducky177 said:

Ok, yeah I thought so too because they sit much wider on the car than 3mm more than my stock ones with no offset. Thank you so much for all the help you have been giving me.

No problem bud!

-RC Perspective

On 7/6/2022 at 3:43 PM, RC Perspective said:

No problem bud!

-RC Perspective

Little update!

I made a "drag spoiler" and a roof spoiler out of sheet metal. (Very thin so not that heavy.)

I've been running it with 70% throttle and that's basically the perfect speed for street bashing. I ran 100% one time and blew a set of tires. (But they were old so I'm not so surprised)

Did some big and fast barrel rolls so I had to use "the duct tape of the rc world" (zip ties) to fix the front lip and rear bumper.

But from that everything is working perfectly! I'm so happy with my tt02!

Thanks for helping me Rc perspective! You are the best!

IMG_20220715_204017.jpg

IMG_20220715_203957.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, Ducky177 said:

Little update!

I made a "drag spoiler" and a roof spoiler out of sheet metal. (Very thin so not that heavy.)

I've been running it with 70% throttle and that's basically the perfect speed for street bashing. I ran 100% one time and blew a set of tires. (But they were old so I'm not so surprised)

Did some big and fast barrel rolls so I had to use "the duct tape of the rc world" (zip ties) to fix the front lip and rear bumper.

But from that everything is working perfectly! I'm so happy with my tt02!

Thanks for helping me Rc perspective! You are the best!

IMG_20220715_204017.jpg

IMG_20220715_203957.jpg

Happy to help bubba. I remember when I first drove mine; what a rush!

-RC Perspective

• Like 1