jdh6fan

New Super Clod Buster

Here is a new one that I haven't seen anything about.  Kit # 92437.  Anyone have any other info?

Thanks 

Jeff

image.png

• Like 5

I don't what it is about that, but I like that! (even more than the black edition)

That looks quite cool not my cup of tea! But if it's an actual future release it will be interesting what edition its going to be?

I quite like the Grey body but I don't know about the blue parts. Also do like the black on what are normally chrome parts.

I love the grey and blue. Wish it had bearings or a couple of better motors. But, with a Tower coupon though, you can knock that price down to a regular price Clod.

ooh, I quite like that :) 

Aargghh, why can't they put the longer TXT stub axles on and some TXT wheels. They're in the parts bin already and won't add onto the overall cost, and the truck drives so much better with them.

I do like the grey and blue scheme with the non chromed bits and the understated decals, but I think a darker blue on the blue bits would be better.

Also, not being a 58 series model,  chances of actually being able to buy one will be slim to none as it will probably be a limited production run.

• Like 1

Is it possible that this is only available at Towers Hobbies? The designation as Exclusive Limited Edition makes me think so. Also there is nothing else to find on the web.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Is it possible that this is only available at Towers Hobbies? The designation as Exclusive Limited Edition makes me think so. Also there is nothing else to find on the web.

If it is, that's a shame. Just looked at their website no international shipping.

I really like it! The mix of mono and colour reminds me of movies like Sin City, in a weird way.

If we're going to have "lazy" redecos, it at least helps if the schemes are interesting, and this one is really left field. Kudos, Tamiya.

I just recently told myself I need to stop buying RC stuff so I can focus on other projects.

This may have broken that.

Trying to justify this but I don't know with all the Clods I've got running around as is. I'm out of room and Clods do take up space. The electric blue shocks/guards will probably be exclusive to the kit and only available from kit-breakers. The rest of it should be fairly easy to replicate. Paint the body gray, black out the chrome and wait for MCI to reproduce the decals as they already have for the black edition (or just edit the black edition's existing colors) and you can get close. Jconcepts offers silver/gray wheels, although they trap you into using their tires then. Man, I dig that color combo though!

Edit: Looongg before spraying cars with Plasti-Dip was cool, I found a dipping can of the stuff at my local hardware store (long since put out of business by a mammoth big box Home Depot that moved into town). I used it on the yellow components of my original Bullhead. The blue that was available was very close to the blue on this special edition Clod. I just checked their site and they still offer it. Minimally, I'm building my own if I can manage to hold back on buying this. I wonder if keeping a Clod at the foot of the bed is weird (or acceptable to the wife)?

• Like 1

Well, that escalated quickly.

I preordered the kit, and ordered some servos and other parts so I could make use of the coupon codes a little more.

This will likely be my first and only clod, so I might as well make it a limited edition kit.

• Like 1

Looks Fantastic! I pre ordered from Tower. I think maybe I'll just apply the decals to the gray body and maybe clear it? Tamiya doesn't even show on their site. I bet they go fast. May have to get two.

• Like 1

Anyone want to take a shot on what TS spray Tamiya is specing for that body or even what the gloss level is? I'm guessing it will be molded in gray but the instructions will still specify spraying it in some gray color in their offerings. I'm going to build a rough copy of this truck with spares I have in stock because I can't bring myself to spend over $50 more (than the standard Super Clod) for a simple decal tweak and different color chassis parts. 

Does anyone know if the body will be already painted Gray or grey plastic. Just curious where the extra cost is going towards.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, gixxer said:

Does anyone know if the body will be already painted Gray or grey plastic. Just curious where the extra cost is going towards

Probably molded in gray plastic. The extra cost is likely mostly going directly into their pockets. Aside from a unique box (possibly, maybe it will just be a sticker slapped on the standard box, especially if they limit it to US markets) like the Black Clod and an extra leaflet detailing the painting/stickering changes, it doesn't look like its going cost them much more, if any than a standard Super Clod to produce. The Black Edition was around the standard Super Clod's price (maybe even slightly cheaper IIRC?). Still looks cool though ;)

On 6/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, MadInventor said:

Aargghh, why can't they put the longer TXT stub axles on and some TXT wheels. They're in the parts bin already and won't add onto the overall cost, and the truck drives so much better with them.

Frustrating isn't it? For years Tamiya sold the original Bullhead and Clod Buster along side each other in the market and they couldn't be bothered to toss the chassis reinforcement plates found on the Bull into later, original Clod kits. They are an incredibly stubborn company when it comes to updates.

oooorrrr....wouldn't most be happy just to have the Clod back in its original red form (understandably, without Chevy badging)? 

• Like 2

Well I went ahead and ordered one.  I have wanted a clod starting about a week after the black ones were sold out everywhere.  I just couldn't warm up to the blue one.  I guess we'll see what it's like when they ship.  Says October but as slow as kits have been getting here I wouldn't hold my breath.

I love that the big, bouncy, fun Clod is suddenly looking sullen and moody.