jdh6fan

New Super Clod Buster

Going to be a great truck to have in my collection. I ordered two. One will be a runner / display truck. I too think it's only available from Tower.

I couldn't resist and pre-ordered one. Going to look great side by side with the black edition... when I get around to build them, probably in 2030 or so. LoL. Hoping we don't have to wait that long to get it from Tower though!

• Like 1

I must admit the clod is just not my thing but this special edition does look absolutely stunning I was watching someone on YouTube do one of those unboxing videos (yes I know:huh:) and although it's not for me I was thinking I could really like that especially all the decals are metallic which the boxart doesn't show!

Hey guys and gals. Just received both of mine from Tower Hobbies today. Can you believe I got these two and the BH WildOne has been on order for a year now. Glad I got these without any problems. I will build one and get it running. The Hobby Wing esc is sweet in these trucks. The box art will be framed next to the Black Edition one. The truck will look cool once it's built. I'll post some when I get it going.

Cory

IMG_8280.JPG

• Like 2

Just received both of mine as well. Opened one to build. It looks incredible. Might be my new favorite over the Black Edition version. While I haven't started the build, I did finish cutting the decals out to get ahead of that piece :).

A few notes:

- All chrome parts are moulded in black plastic.
- The decals labeled "SUPER CLOD BUSTER" on the sides are clear around the lettering, not black as how the box art has it (which IMO looks MUCH better).

...More to come if I spot any other differences aside from the colour changes.

• Like 1

I should join the club and order another and build one.  The last time i build one was when they release that metalliac version.

On 8/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, RC4x4 said:

I too think it's only available from Tower.

It's available thru the Tamiya North America Distributor, so lots of shops have them, not just Tower.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:01 AM, Hairyjon313 said:

Does anyone know of a UK seller? 

Pretty sure this one is North America only...

On 10/4/2022 at 12:50 AM, Kamika007z said:

Just received both of mine as well. Opened one to build. It looks incredible. Might be my new favorite over the Black Edition version. While I haven't started the build, I did finished cutting the decals out to get ahead of that piece :).

A few notes:

- All chrome parts are moulded in black plastic.
- The decals labeled "SUPER CLOD BUSTER" on the sides are clear around the lettering, not black as how the box art has it (which IMO looks MUCH better).

...More to come if I spot any other differences aside from the colour changes.

If you go back to the first post the pic shows clear behind the Clod sticker. wonder why they changed it on the box. Good luck with the build.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, bRIBEGuy said:

It's available thru the Tamiya North America Distributor, so lots of shops have them, not just Tower.

Yep. Saw one at my local HobbyTown. Almost bought it! :D

Cory

12 hours ago, RC4x4 said:

Yep. Saw one at my local HobbyTown. Almost bought it! :D

Ya, a few LHS around me (Canada) have them in stock as well.  Super tempting...

I'm getting ready start on mine next week. I'll paint it the following weekend. I'll do the body work and get it ready to paint and clear. Been driving the Black version around. These are such great classic trucks. They'll be around for ever.

Looks good. It's cold here now so I'm gonna have to wait for a good warm day to paint or maybe paint at work in the shop, it's warm there. This Gray Clod looks good. Gonna add LED lights and rock light to mine. I'll post that.

Cory

Thank you! Thankfully, we had a few oddly warm days a week or so ago so I was able to paint outside. Also, the matte TS paints (gunship grey, matte black) dry extremely quickly which I am grateful for.

Excited to see yours!

Just curious for those that have these - How was the molding on the body?  There's been a guy complaining on the FB group that the body quality is no good.  I imagine its the same mold from 1987 and nothing has changed, just curious.  He sounds like a whiner that just doesn't want to prep & paint it like you should do with any model but wondering if the mold is deteriorating.  Won't be getting one of these as stock Clods don't interest me much (and its cheaper to buy a regular kit for axles and part the rest out), but it looks pretty cool from the pictures in this thread.  

On 11/15/2022 at 12:05 AM, Kamika007z said:

Just finished mine!

Looks GREAT!  Very jealous of the Black Edition paired with it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Just curious for those that have these - How was the molding on the body?  There's been a guy complaining on the FB group that the body quality is no good.  I imagine its the same mold from 1987 and nothing has changed, just curious.  He sounds like a whiner that just doesn't want to prep & paint it like you should do with any model but wondering if the mold is deteriorating.  Won't be getting one of these as stock Clods don't interest me much (and its cheaper to buy a regular kit for axles and part the rest out), but it looks pretty cool from the pictures in this thread.  

I didn’t come across any pain points with the body. It looks exactly the same as all other Clod Busters I have worked on sporting the same 1987 date stamp under it.

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Looks GREAT!  Very jealous of the Black Edition paired with it!

Thank you! I’m definitely digging this one a bit more than the Black Edition but I keep going back and forth between the two.

4 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Just curious for those that have these - How was the molding on the body?  There's been a guy complaining on the FB group that the body quality is no good.  I imagine its the same mold from 1987 and nothing has changed, just curious. 

I know there has been low areas on the hood in the shape of the screw bosses molded underneath them that show up after painting  if they aren't filled/sanded with spot putty first. These have been there at least since the original release of the Super Clod Buster (the one that still had a mechanical speed controller) so I don't consider them to be anything new.

• Like 1