morrisey0

Anyone Created a "TheDIYGuy999" Semi EP32 Sound / Vibration PCB??

I have built and have been attempting to code and run a "TheDIYGuy999" sound and vibration board, but am having no luck getting it to work.  I don't think this is an issue with the hardware or software, but more of a malfunction between keyboard and chair.  I literally have no idea what I am doing with this arduino coding stuff, and was hoping I could flash the default code and at least get it up and running, but no, nothing.

Is there anyone with experience with this bit of kit?

For those not familiar, this is what I am going for:

Worlds Best Sounding RC Semi

DIYGuy999 EP32 PCB Github

Hi there,

I have a working ESP32 sound board working on my bench at the moment which is intended for my Scania S770. It wasn't plain sailing by any means... I'm using it with the micro reciever from DIYGuy999, which might be easier.  I also built one of his transmitter boards into an old Techniplus MKIII and I had a lot more issues with getting that running. That was partly due to my cheap ebay transceiver modules (is there any other kind?) randomly dying.

One of the biggest problems I had was with Visual Studio Code and PlatformIO. After considerable time setting the project up it seemed to be building the source code fine, it looked like it was uploading it to the board OK... but nothing worked. I think it must have been a problem with my board definition. Maybe. Once I built the code using the arduino IDE it just seemed to work.... although it should be noted I had already done a lot of the groundwork editing the configuration files and getting the right version of all the arduino libraries in VS Code. There were some specific instructions for getting the right board definition for the arduino too. There is a note on that below. I can only assume I did that correctly as it is a distant memory now and, as it's working now, I haven't dared touch it again.

How far have you got with this? I'm no C++ programmer but from your post I'm guessing you haven't reached a successful build yet - in which case I would be guessing at these sorts of things...

Can the IDE find all the #include's ok at the beginning of the src.ino file?

Do you have all the right version of those libraries? https://github.com/TheDIYGuy999/Rc_Engine_Sound_ESP32/blob/master/README.md#required-libraries-you-need-to-install-all-of-them-if-using-arduino-ide-not-required-if-visual-studio-code-is-used-as-ide

Is the board definition ok? https://github.com/TheDIYGuy999/Rc_Engine_Sound_ESP32/blob/master/README.md#required-esp32-board-definition-not-required-if-visual-studio-code-is-used-as-ide

Er... can't think of anything else right now