vrs55

Magnets for body shell

Hello guys was looking for some advice please.not been on here for years as got out of the hobby and have just building tamiya 1/24 static kits but I would like to get a Audi A4 or v8 touring car kit for the enjoyment of building rc again it would be for display only I would also like to get a touring car interior for it and was wondering if there would be anyway to not drill the body and attach it with magnets as would only be used for display 

Yes there are various options. The easiest are these type which just pops over the body posts. However they are only adjustable in 2 axis, so may not hold complex bodies down too well. 

mMlvjcx.jpg

These are more complicated but a stronger position could be achieved as it is more adjustable. 

BQ5SFOf.jpg

Either way, both types do not hold the body down too well for hard driving, even a strong gust of wind (Force 6+) can blow the body shell away. 

That’s great thank you them would do the job as it would be used for Audi A4 or v8 touring car just for a shelf queen I have a glass display case in my lounge the I would be displaying model in looking forward to building an rc kit again after a long break now just the decision of which on of the 2 to go for lol

22 minutes ago, vrs55 said:

That’s great thank you them would do the job as it would be used for Audi A4 or v8 touring car just for a shelf queen I have a glass display case in my lounge the I would be displaying model in looking forward to building an rc kit again after a long break now just the decision of which on of the 2 to go for lol

I too am a 1/24 (and other scales) static builder like you and you may find the details and accuracy on a RC body disappointing compared to what you are used to. If all you want is a static only large scale display, have you considered a 1/12 kit instead? 

I used to have a durga,hotshot, and tt02 lancia delta that I used a runners but enjoyed assembling them more than using them lol. I also used to have a scania r620. I know what you mean about the detail I was thinking of doing a rc kit again as a sort of break from static kits as I used to enjoy the assembly side of the rc kits I also found that there is a lack of choice of static 1/12 car kits mind you some of the Porsche’s in 1/12 are nice :)

3 hours ago, vrs55 said:

was wondering if there would be anyway to not drill the body and attach it with magnets as would only be used for display 

then there’s also Velcro :rolleyes: grabs stronger & stays grabbed better than magnets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vrs55 said:

as a sort of break from static kits

Hehehe, I understand that too. Sometimes the drive for perfection on a static kit do burn me out. For a moment I built some Gundam/Bandai stuff to satisfy my need to build while being relatively relaxed. 

7 hours ago, vrs55 said:

I used to have a durga,hotshot, and tt02 lancia delta that I used a runners but enjoyed assembling them more than using them lol. I also used to have a scania r620. I know what you mean about the detail I was thinking of doing a rc kit again as a sort of break from static kits as I used to enjoy the assembly side of the rc kits I also found that there is a lack of choice of static 1/12 car kits mind you some of the Porsche’s in 1/12 are nice :)

There’s a very nice Italeri Lancia Delta in 1/12. Also the Fiat 595 Corsa. . Not forgetting the Tamiya Caterham 7 . All are available with a little looking . I have an NIB Datsun 240Z rally lurking under the bed along with the Lancia 

i have them installed on this M5 body which is a runner.

6-U8-A8193-edit.jpg

6-U8-A0759-edit.jpg

6U8A1644.jpg

12 hours ago, Busdriver said:

There’s a very nice Italeri Lancia Delta in 1/12. Also the Fiat 595 Corsa. . Not forgetting the Tamiya Caterham 7 . All are available with a little looking . I have an NIB Datsun 240Z rally lurking under the bed along with the Lancia 

How are italeri kits to build I have only ever built tamiya kits 

2 minutes ago, vrs55 said:

How are italeri kits to build I have only ever built tamiya kits 

A bit fiddly in places. They lack a bit of detail in some areas. I’ve made the Fiat , my only issue is the doors. I ended up fixing them closed as the hinges weren’t robust enough.  

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

A bit fiddly in places. They lack a bit of detail in some areas. I’ve made the Fiat , my only issue is the doors. I ended up fixing them closed as the hinges weren’t robust enough.  

Ok thank you. I have just always built tamiya kits as they are an easy build and clear instructions lol 

My collection B5F6E2C2-B4DF-4338-9F1E-A90D5F9547FB.jpg BE80F359-FBDE-4E42-AE8C-D6F7889C909B.jpg Also got the Datsun but no photo

5 hours ago, vrs55 said:

Ok thank you. I have just always built tamiya kits as they are an easy build and clear instructions lol 

Nothing can be more "shake and bake" easier than Tamiya (usually). They even got painting planned out in the easiest possible way.