Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Globetrotter 2 questions

Hi everyone

Two quick questions about my Tamiya Globetrotter..

1. Has anyone got any good solutions for hopefully not having to remove the body every time the battery needs charging?

2. Ive lost one of my round light covers on the front bumper but I cant find any on the  internet. Anyone know where i can get one from. pic attached of what i am after as my description is a bit vague.

5B4D74D3-8E9F-4A43-808F-60F3021CE787.jpeg

First question.   that picture is of the Tamiya Globe Liner, not the tamiya Globetrotter...   are you sure you want the parts for the globetrotter?

I don't know enough about how the globetrotter is assembled to know the best way to charge the battery, sorry.  but...

For the replacement lens, using your owners/assembly manual, look up which part tree the clear lens came from.   search for that part tree on ebay.  buy it.

as for the battery why not try a ext lead for the battery then it can be left in sitchu

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tim.senecal said:

First question.   that picture is of the Tamiya Globe Liner, not the tamiya Globetrotter...   are you sure you want the parts for the globetrotter?

I don't know enough about how the globetrotter is assembled to know the best way to charge the battery, sorry.  but...

For the replacement lens, using your owners/assembly manual, look up which part tree the clear lens came from.   search for that part tree on ebay.  buy it.

Globeliner is the parts im sfter.  :)

You dont need to remove the body to access the battery just the plate on the rear of the cab which is held by 2 sliding catches, takes seconds to unclip. You could add an extension for remote charging but hardly seems worth it TBH. Has someone glued the rear plate in place on yours ?

Nick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

You dont need to remove the body to access the battery just the plate on the rear of the cab which is held by 2 sliding catches, takes seconds to unclip. You could add an extension for remote charging but hardly seems worth it TBH. Has someone glued the rear plate in place on yours ?

Nick

Soz i meant the Globeliner, its one solid box of a body. im going to extend the battery wire. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyjcClod said:

Soz i meant the Globeliner, its one solid box of a body. im going to extend the battery wire. :)

It shouldn't be ,there should be a removable panel on the rear of the cab.

And panel in place, held by 2 sliding catches at the top. Does yours not have the panel ?

P6290001.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:38 PM, Nick G said:

And panel in place, held by 2 sliding catches at the top. Does yours not have the panel ?

P6290001.JPG

Thank you for those pictures its made me discover thats how its suppoosed to be! I have always thought this was a fiddly pain taking the whole body off to charge. Mine is one solid block, I looked inside and it looks like it has been set and one solid lump, i think its been set or glued as there is hardly a seam so its been done very well, I am guessing by the previous owner as I bought this used off someone at Tamiyaclub years ago  :)  I stripped it and re painted it when I got it so I guess i is now one solid box forever  :D  im going to extent the battery wires. ive put a pic below.

• Like 1