dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

Since no words are allowed in the RC Gallery thread...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to just about everyone who posted in that thread.  I am in absolute AWE of how realistic and detailed your cars are.  Lord knows I could never find the patience to do the job that you do!  I'd call people out by name, but there's just too many.  So darn impressive!  It simply amazes me that some of those photos are of RC cars...  I wish I could do half the job that you guys do!  I'm just too excited to get the build completed and take the car out for a run!!!  

If anyone wants to comment on any of the cars in that thread, I guess posts in here would be as good a place as any since we all get notifications once someone reacts to our posts.

Thank you all for wonderful examples of how realistic these RC cars can get!  it's definitely given me something to strive for, although admittedly I have a tremendously long way to go!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

My only thought about the galley thread is it would be good if a title was allowed. Would be nice to know what some things were?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

My only thought about the galley thread is it would be good if a title was allowed. Would be nice to know what some things were?

As much as I am also tempted to ask or commend many of the posts there, I didn't want to break the rule. If we allowed "titles", I'm 100% sure people would start talking, asking questions which will eventually lead to discussions, then off topic and so on. It will derail the flow and main purpose of the "gallery" and will become a normal discussion thread. :)

But I like this idea @dmelczer 

This can be a thread to ask questions or commend a post of anyone in the gallery. Besides, it easy to address anyone with a "@" followed by the member's handle/name and that should send that member a notice once he logs in the forum. B)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Cheat like I do ;) 

Egress

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Unfortunately my Pixel 3XL phone has long since bit the dust. I always loved the portrait mode for RC pics; it was my go to. Now sadly I've downgraded to a prepaid phone with a PRO mode, which sadly isn't very, well, pro.

So I've been posting my older pics in there, namely the blue GTR R34, the red 1991 Audi V8, and the red WRC Evo VII Lancer. If anyone is curious about them I have all 3 build threads up in "The Builds" subforum.

But yea, I agree; Some fantastic photos and cars in that photo thread! Bravo to all!

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

Great idea @dmelczer!B)

Sometimes there are posts that go up on there and you just want to commend someone or ask a question about.

So I'll kick this off with a question to @AndyjcClod, what the badword was that photo of the damaged green paint pot earlier this month all about?:blink::) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm glad it exists too! Amazing work @TobyoneI love your Mini and the WPL van. Both with great detail. Nice work!

6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I'm glad it exists too! Amazing work @TobyoneI love your Mini and the WPL van. Both with great detail. Nice work!

Thanks @GeeWings

I was hesitant at putting the photos of the WPL van on , as its not Tamiya!

Its a great little van with some good detail on the hard body, too good a chance not to add some weathering and rust.

The mini, an early attempt at making it look like it had taken part in a rally. 

I love the RC Gallery thread, sometimes you just want to post a photo and don't have time to put some words to it :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Great idea @dmelczer!B)

Sometimes there are posts that go up on there and you just want to commend someone or ask a question about.

So I'll kick this off with a question to @AndyjcClod, what the badword was that photo of the damaged green paint pot earlier this month all about?:blink::) 

Lol the paint was years old & i tried everything to get it open, it even broke my 3D printed opener!  So I got so annoyed that I went at it with my oscillator 😂 I got it open. 👍

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AndyjcClod said:

Lol the paint was years old & i tried everything to get it open, it even broke my 3D printed opener!  So I got so annoyed that I went at it with my oscillator 😂 I got it open. 👍

Persistence pays off!:lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wintery said:

Very interesting chassis @Frankster the 4ws beetle.

How does it handle?

F5E688D6-CD91-4FBD-B1A2-DC4207FCBFB2.jpeg

In my home it drives great 😊.  

Need to get the body on and finish cleaning up the electronics.  A lot of $$$ went into this car but it will not be a shelf queen.

At moment trying to fit the body using same mounting points as a Monster Beetle.  I want the body to be interchangeable with 4WS + 4WD this Blitzer.  Taking a summer holiday soon and will be searching for the remaining body mounting parts 🤞during my travels (scavenger hunt).

I will need to see how it handles.  I may need to program the throttle if I have 4WD activated to avoid flipping the car🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Frankster
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Who takes @Ferruz's action shots? Love 'em mate!:wub:

Thank you mate! I believe the action shots are taken by Ferruz himself... :ph34r: my wife and the chipmunks used to give me a hand a couple years ago during lockdown... but now I'm afraid it's just myself in the field :D 

Like I say every now and then, it'd be nice to try and befriend another chippy, but it takes SO much time and patience, and with no guarantee whatsoever.. so I don't know if it will ever happen again. Every time I talk about this, I feel like remembering the mighty, awesome, one-and-only Munchy!! He was SO worthy of every hour I spent getting close to him, and we developed such a wonderful friendship :wub: priceless, really 

Check these out @Kol__ 🤩

Screenshot-20220703-152646-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-152634-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-152712-Gallery.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Anyway, great idea starting this thread @dmelczer! It's nice to be able to put some words to the goodness of the Pictures only thread without ruining its flow. And btw, thanks @Nicadraus for starting what's probably my favourite thread on the forum 👍

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Frankster said:

In my home it drives great 😊.  

Need to get the body on and finish cleaning up the electronics.  A lot of $$$ went into this car but it will not be a shelf queen.

At moment trying to fit the body using same mounting points as a Monster Beetle.  I want the body to be interchangeable with 4WS + 4WD this Blitzer.  Taking a summer holiday soon and will be searching for the remaining body mounting parts 🤞during my travels (scavenger hunt).

I will need to see how it handles.  I may need to program the throttle if I have 4WD activated to avoid flipping the car🤦‍♂️ 

Good luck with the scavenger hunt. 

an amazing and interesting car, I like the idea of a 4wd 4ws buggy. 

Will that be to reduce the power?

7 hours ago, Frankster said:

@Wintery here is my build thread

Thank you very much. I look forward to reading your build thread. I do like the blitzer beetle, It is one on my list after a Clod.

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Check these out @Kol__ 

Screenshot-20220703-152646-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-152634-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-152712-Gallery.jpg

:lol: Brilliant mate! What is the deal with that little dude!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wintery said:

Good luck with the scavenger hunt. 

an amazing and interesting car, I like the idea of a 4wd 4ws buggy. 

Will that be to reduce the power?

Yes.  Reduce power when turning at 4WS mode.   Not sure if a sharp turn will cause it to grip too much and flip as the hard shell has a high center of gravity. 

16 hours ago, Kol__ said:

:lol: Brilliant mate! What is the deal with that little dude!?

The unique calmness of the first lockdown -along w the fact of currently not having pets- allowed for this magic to happen. I was working on a project in the garage while I started noticing a chipmunk rustling about, in-and-out of the door. He'd do it more and more often, clearly driven by curiosity and not afraid to interact. So I started slowly approaching him, getting a little closer every day. Within a week, we were snacking on the same nuts and he would feed off my hand. A few more days in, I could caress and pet him (I remember the warmth irradiating from his little fur on windier, cooler days, priceless!) and I also brought in the cars, lol. Munchy was easy to bribe with some yummy nuts, and pretty much right away he agreed on posing with my RCs in exchange for some food. Man, it was so much fun!!

But the incredible part was after, when he actually moved from under the garage to under the house (to be closer to us?? Who knows). We were such friends by then, that I could just whistle my call at any given time, and he'd dart out of the woods or out his burrow to come see me right away. Can't put a price on that!! 

This wonderful friendship kept going for two and a half months, every single day sometimes for several hours a day. The chippy was never actually domesticated, which made the whole deal even more valuable to me: a healthy friendship between two beings without disrupting anybody's habits or environment, what more can you ask for!

So this is the story of my little striped friend. And when a fox strolled by one day and decided to make him her dinner, it all came to an abrupt end.

It's part of Nature and of course I had to accept it, but the degree to which I found myself mourning the loss of Munchy was borderline embarrassing, to be honest. I admit I was close to shattered for a few days. It took some time to get over it, but I was left with the most wonderful memories and an amazing story to tell -which I can fortunately back up with pics and footage, or else it'd be hard to believe :lol:

My mom even turned the story and some of those pictures into a little book for kids! Most of my friends have a copy by now.

So R.I.P. Munchy, never to be forgotten 😉 🌞 🏁🐿🥜🚘💥🌱🍃

Screenshot-20220704-120616-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220704-120738-Gallery.jpg

20220704-120853.jpg

Oh, and please note: Munchy himself is a Tamiya 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot-20220704-120631-Gallery.jpg

It's gotta be the cutest thing that ever crossed my path.

• Like 16
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Amazing stuff @Ferruz, both your connection to nature and Munchy's connection to Tamiya :)

You're our very own Snow White!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Frankster said:

Yes.  Reduce power when turning at 4WS mode.   Not sure if a sharp turn will cause it to grip too much and flip as the hard shell has a high center of gravity. 

Hopefully reducing the power will stop it flipping over and save the body.