dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

Thanks Mr.@GeeWings, don't worry we'll have you surrounded in buggies in no time!:blink::lol:

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks Mr.@GeeWings, don't worry we'll have you surrounded in buggies in no time!:blink::lol:

Well I’ve still got a few retro buggies to complete first but my pile of shame is slowly becoming manageable so that seems the right time to go looking at future acquisitions again ;) 

• Like 1

Is that your latest Willy @Willy iine? Looks badass mate, very military! The cammo work and overall level of attention to detail looks excellent. Got any more pics of this one you can upload?

• Thanks 1

@Willy iine Another masterpiece. But what amazes me more is that fresh looking humpback 7.2 battery pack. I remember my dad and brother having that in their Rough Rider and Audi Quatro.

IMG_2022-7-26-081121.thumb.jpg.89b9b3217611fb0bacfecfded722fc86.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

OMG!!!

JkjO1CC.jpeg

@Kol__ Three of the best Super Astutes I have seen are from you @Willy iine & @Juhunio

Man, this Madcap is insane!!  :D  Awesome work, @Kol__!!!

Thanks on the M38... yeah, I was lucky to find 3 of those humpbacks in good to like new condition.   They still hold charge!  What?! right?  :lol:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Is that your latest Willy @Willy iine? Looks badass mate, very military! The cammo work and overall level of attention to detail looks excellent. Got any more pics of this one you can upload?

Thanks!  Yeah, let me find a couple more picts and I will update the gallery post.  Thanks again.  :D 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the shell is a bit tired and old (got it second hand, weird clouding on the canopy too), but the stickers gave it a new lease of life and it can still be a runner as I don't need to be too precious about it. It certainly is almost pretty much an Astute/Super Astute now, but to me it'll always be my Madcap. I'll get an update on the build thread tomo, got more pics of the chassis, gearbox, shocks, rear arm developments etc.

Over the last couple of days I finally finished off all the jobs I had left to do on it, but still having electrical issues:rolleyes: So will need some help finding an ESC suitable for the motor, something can run 10T brushed is required I think.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  Yeah, let me find a couple more picts and I will update the gallery post.  Thanks again.  :D 

Awesome, this is where the real talent lies... in the painting. Once I've done a few more driver figures (only one to date so far, that Grasshopper one I did for my boys G2) then I'd like to try my hand at branching out a bit into some sort of hard body detailing, something beyond the window surrounds and door handles I've done so far anyway!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Kol__You're on a roll for sure! Lovely work. What's next?...

Cheers mate. The DF-01 kinda burnt me out a bit and the Madcap has been a long time coming and just needed a few jobs finishing off and photographing. So next it'll be continuing to wrap up a few odds and ends and selling some bits.

Build wise, I'm not sure, I have a few stacked up, maybe my parts bin Blitzer Beetle next, but I already have the shell ready for that as it's fitted to my Monster Beetle. I have however purchased 3 more vintage sticker sets off eBay this week, so I could be tempted to work one of those into a custom build soon perhaps:)

Oh and I need to get these electrical issues sorted with the Madcap too, prob post up on the forum about that one, as it's proving troublesome!🤬

I love the clear differential cap on this...I've never had a Super Astute so I have to ask...does that come as part of the kit, or is that an aftermarket part?

8oR1VVc.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dmelczer said:

I love the clear differential cap on this...I've never had a Super Astute so I have to ask...does that come as part of the kit, or is that an aftermarket part?

It's part of the SA kit; the body shell, diff cover and undercowl are all clear polycarbonate so you have complete flexibility to finish it however you like :)

I smoked mine...

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dmelczer said:

You can get one from Revive RC, that's where that one actually came from. The quality is excellent and very tough polycarbonate. I actually made a gasket for mine to stop dirt/dust ingress, but more on that in the build thread when I'm well enough to do the update properly.

What are you thinking to fit it to though?

• Like 1

IMG_2022-7-27-150827.jpg

Oh yes @Willy iine! A class act as always mateB) The pump handle and hose are particularly impressive, along with the carefully shaped ibuprofen pill at the top;):)

I have to say though, if those are your prices, I'm popping over to your gaff right now to fill up mate!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks, @Kol__!  Hahaha :lol:  Those zero's are actually the ON OFF switch decal sheet O's.  :lol:

I didn't want to just print up a generic picture I took off the internet and stick it into the window..as the basic rule is to use only Tamiya decals.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, @Kol__!  Hahaha :lol:  Those zero's are actually the ON OFF switch decal sheet O's.  :lol:

Nice touch mate, like you say it's all in the details🤓

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

as the basic rule is to use only Tamiya decals

Oh there are rules, interesting...🤔🙂

• Haha 2

@Kol__ your MadCap is so hot it's melting my phone 💥🔥🔥🔥 absolutely stunning :o🤩

@Willy iine that gas pump is a masterpiece 👏👏 you've outdone yourself on this one mate, fantastic 😁👍

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ferruz said:

@Kol__ your MadCap is so hot it's melting my phone 💥🔥🔥🔥 absolutely stunning :o🤩

Thanks bro🤜 Next I think I'm going neon, certainly at least in part inspired by your Manta budB)

20220727-003030.jpg

Yes mate!B) Love the air this buggy gets so often! I should've asked you before, maybe I did already? Is there a build thread for this puppy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

20220727-003030.jpg

Yes mate!B) Love the air this buggy gets so often! I should've asked you before, maybe I did already? Is there a build thread for this puppy?

There's a buid thread, indeed! And if I'm correct, it starts with my very first post on the forum 🤣

I should update it actually, the car has evolved quite a bit since the last time I looked at it. Enjoy the read and thanks for looking!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kol__ said:

You can get one from Revive RC, that's where that one actually came from. The quality is excellent and very tough polycarbonate. I actually made a gasket for mine to stop dirt/dust ingress, but more on that in the build thread when I'm well enough to do the update properly.

What are you thinking to fit it to though?

The only car I have with an exposed differential like that is a Falcon, which is very different and would need half of the plastic housing to be clear...  I just thought it was very cool looking and something I've never seen before.