dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

16 hours ago, Ferruz said:

There's a buid thread, indeed! And if I'm correct, it starts with my very first post on the forum 🤣

Good good, I've just come out of hospital so I shall have something to read whilst in recovery now👍🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dmelczer said:

The only car I have with an exposed differential like that is a Falcon, which is very different and would need half of the plastic housing to be clear...  I just thought it was very cool looking and something I've never seen before.

They are sexy to look at, I don't think there are many (any?) Tamiya's with a clear polycarbonate and gearbox cover, other than the Super Astute. I've just whipped the cover off to wipe off the grease from the inside after the first spin up since putting it all together. The downside of the clear cover, any sort of dirty marks show up very clearly, very quickly:lol: 

6 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Good good, I've just come out of hospital so I shall have something to read whilst in recovery now👍🙂

I wish you a fast and full recovery mate! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC Perspective said:

I love this! It's amazing!

-RC Perspective

I agree!! ....and I don't really know what l'm looking at :huh: :lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, Kol__ said:

Hi @Kol__ I didn’t catch this post until just now, you okay?  Hope you make a speedy recovery! 

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Hi @Kol__ I didn’t catch this post until just now, you okay?  Hope you make a speedy recovery! 

Thanks for asking @Willy iine, am doing ok cheers. Nothing crazy, had my appendix removed last week after a long history of trouble, hopefully this solves it! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks for asking @Willy iine, am doing ok cheers. Nothing crazy, had my appendix removed last week after a long history of trouble, hopefully this solves it! 

Oh wow, that is quite serious to me! :blink: Get well soon!!!  B)  Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Wow. Get better soon

• Thanks 1

@OoALEJOoO Nice work again on the interior and the Swift!  

I donno, seeing all these nice cars it just humbles me to the point I rather just look at pictures vs making on road (well the Swift is rally) cars for myself.   :lol:

Been itching to open up a can of worms with the 45th Porsche, but not sure I have the energy to go through with yet another genre of cars.. cause you all know what's going to happen.. I'm going to have a stack load of on road cars before I know it as per my recent buggies lined up on the floor.    :ph34r:

• Like 1

Agreed, @OoALEJOoO, that is some lovely work yet again👍

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Been itching to open up a can of worms with the 45th Porsche, but not sure I have the energy to go through with yet another genre of cars.. cause you all know what's going to happen.. I'm going to have a stack load of on road cars before I know it as per my recent buggies lined up on the floor.    :ph34r:

Perhaps there's no reason to be hasty. I like to think I'm saving some aspects of the hobby for future times, so that there will always be a new avenue to explore and the hobby will keep going. No rush I say Willy, no rush mate😉

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Perhaps there's no reason to be hasty. I like to think I'm saving some aspects of the hobby for future times, so that there will always be a new avenue to explore and the hobby will keep going. No rush I say Willy, no rush mate😉

Yeah, I also worry that I'm going to spread myself too thin..I get tired pretty easily these days as I have a hard time seeing.  

Since coming back from my last hiatus which ended late 2019, my focus has been on Willy and Billy so I need to make sure I do not stray too far from that theme.  The vintage buggies I've been working on the last 7-8 months have changed the landscape quite a bit already.. and they have nothing to do with Willy and Billy so I better realign to my roots..which is making short wheelbase cars (including m-chassis), comical looking, and driven by Willy and Billy.

I still plan on completing my buggy itch with black edition Egress, Turbo Scorpion, and perhaps a SuperEgress TD4 (?)..  then as you say, if I still want to do the touring cars I'll transition from buggy to sedans while keeping my focus in check.   B)

Thanks, kol_!  :D 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments @Willy iine and @Kol__. I've slowly been adding cockpits to all my rally & touring cars, even the beaten-up ones. My current plan is to wrap up a M-05Ra and a M-06Ra, then post on my thread. The Swift M-05Ra finally got the front wheel rattling sorted out using double-cardans. I'm now waiting to get longer drive shaft for the 90deg single-cardan on the Miata M-06Ra rear. The cars are turning out lovely but it sucks that it's impossible to find a place to run them locally (no open dirt or light gravel anywhere).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

IMG_2022-8-5-163658.jpg.4d180307adbbf9464c436d2c97086080.jpg

Q & Q - Quality and Quantity! 

It's hard to combine both but you nailed it @Willy iine :D

Thanks, you’re too kind. :D  Still a work in progress, but starting to take shape.  I still have the other side of the room to do..

I noticed @Nikko85 commented a sad face.. did you like my old setup better?   Part of me still likes the old setup too, but I think this is taking steps in the right direction as I need to expand shelf space. Bottom shelf in the back is open for my Optima MID’s..

The Willy shop with Billy’s Bugs is not final.. going to put up walls in the next day or so to trial.. hope that gives it a tad more refinement..  not sure since my strategy is ‘use hope..’ :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, you’re too kind. :D  Still a work in progress, but starting to take shape.  I still have the other side of the room to do..

Please show us more pictures...

Of everything, your Willy fleet, buggies, models, and close ups too. :)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I noticed @Nikko85 commented a sad face.. did you like my old setup better?   Part of me still likes the old setup too, but I think this is taking steps in the right direction as I need to expand shelf space. Bottom shelf in the back is open for my Optima MID’s..

The Willy shop with Billy’s Bugs is not final.. going to put up walls in the next day or so to trial.. hope that gives it a tad more refinement..  not sure since my strategy is ‘use hope..’ :ph34r:

Not at all, I was probably using my phone under the covers so the light doesn't wake the baby and miss typed!

Looks good!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Not at all, I was probably using my phone under the covers so the light doesn't wake the baby and miss typed!

Looks good!

Thanks!   I would like to improve areas I might have missed so sad face is also okay if there was an actual issue you can let me know about in the future.    :D 

Thanks, @Nicadraus will do!  :D 

58 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

@naturbo2000 Please show us more about this Madcap/Astute/Super Astute. :)

y4meOVInhbm1BiL1-Mw93nPwIHm-dS5e57kn9Gjp

It's my Madcap that I've owned since new back in 1989 or whenever. I fetched it from the loft in February this year to tide me over whilst waiting on an Avante Black Special (and got a Top Force Evo, just in case).

My build thread leads through resurrecting and restoring the Madcap from the collection of parts and upgrading it to the above state. Definitely more Super Astute than Madcap now, but still in line with what I would have liked to have done aged 12 if I had the money available.

Worth it? Of course not, but it's My Madcap.

• Like 6

Awesome work @Xeostar. Very inspiring for those of us who want to do a non box-art C11. How did you do the pin striping? Great job!

image.jpeg.a3751a6993b1c815e63efa7585f42142.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 12:33 PM, Room335 said:

Awesome work @Xeostar. Very inspiring for those of us who want to do a non box-art C11. How did you do the pin striping? Great job!

image.jpeg.a3751a6993b1c815e63efa7585f42142.jpeg

Hi, thanks, it did take a long time, and at points I wished I hadn't started :-)

The pin striping is all painted in a dark green, masked off with thin masking tape, 1mm maybe I think.