dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

On 8/6/2022 at 1:04 AM, Nicadraus said:

IMG_2022-8-5-163658.jpg.4d180307adbbf9464c436d2c97086080.jpg

Q & Q - Quality and Quantity! 

It's hard to combine both but you nailed it @Willy iine :D

ummm....   i may have missed it, but i don't see a rough rider or a super champ in your buggy lineup...  you can't have a vintage buggy lineup without one or the other of those...  :)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tim.senecal said:

ummm....   i may have missed it, but i don't see a rough rider or a super champ in your buggy lineup...  you can't have a vintage buggy lineup without one or the other of those...  :)

I'll get one on order.  I'm not yet a buggy guy (just recently started looking at @moffman's beautiful collection) so my collection is a bit skewed.   Thanks for the tip!  :D 

I still need to build my Optima MID in white and another one in yellow, Turbo Scorpion should be in my shop soon..

• Like 2

@tim.senecal Which PS blue is used on the Fighting Buggy.. do you know?  I'm just going to do box art.. or just keep it NIB.  Not sure yet.  :D 

Edit.. wait, is that a hard body?  :blink:  If so, just use TS15 (blue)?

Edited by Willy iine

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@tim.senecal Which PS blue is used on the Fighting Buggy.. do you know?  I'm just going to do box art.. or just keep it NIB.  Not sure yet.  :D 

Edit.. wait, is that a hard body?  :blink:  If so, just use TS15 (blue)?

it is a hard body, same basic chassis (different radio tray and rear shock setup) as the sand scorcher...

owners manual:

https://d7z22c0gz59ng.cloudfront.net/cms/japan/download/rcmanual/84389.pdf

says TS-15  (chart/list on page 2 of manual)

and yes, i am contemplating either one of those, or the original kyosho scorpion...  i have wanted a scorpion since they first came out, and it looks like i may have missed my chance a couple years back when it was re-released.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tim.senecal said:

it is a hard body, same basic chassis (different radio tray and rear shock setup) as the sand scorcher...

owners manual:

https://d7z22c0gz59ng.cloudfront.net/cms/japan/download/rcmanual/84389.pdf

says TS-15  (chart/list on page 2 of manual)

and yes, i am contemplating either one of those, or the original kyosho scorpion...  i have wanted a scorpion since they first came out, and it looks like i may have missed my chance a couple years back when it was re-released.

Thanks man.  I should have it later in the week.  It was on my candidate list for a while (after seeing @moffman's collection)  but was kind of buried by other cars.  I still have a bunch of TS15's from my ClubBug build (originally was for my Bruiser which I haven't built yet :rolleyes:) so will use that.  :lol:

Yeah, the Turbo Scorpion I am definitely going to build.  :D   These rere's are tricky with the timing or sure.  I like the Scorpion too, but went with the Turbo Scorpion this time as I only have space for one and I just liked the white color scheme on that car.

GL with your choice!

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I'll get one on order.  I'm not a buggy guy (just recently started looking at @moffman's beautiful collection) so my collection is a bit skewed.   Thanks for the tip!  :D 

I still need to build my Optima MID in white and another one in yellow, Turbo Scorpion should be in my shop soon..

If your going to use the fighting buggy I would highly recommend putting the ball diff in it because it calms down the rather lively willingness to flip over:wacko: which more than any of the other SRB'S has a very weak body! There are two types although the first batch they improved on? apparently the centre diff nut was undoing itself I didn't or haven't personally had any problems with any of them:D

20190828_091411.jpg

20200314_130152.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moffman said:

If your going to use the fighting buggy I would highly recommend putting the ball diff in it because it calms down the rather lively willingness to flip over:wacko: which more than any of the other SRB'S has a very weak body! There are two types although the first batch they improved on? apparently the centre diff nut was undoing itself I didn't or haven't personally had any problems with any of them:D

20190828_091411.jpg

20200314_130152.jpg

Thanks moffman!   Your car looks great! :D 

I do have a spare set of ball diffs so will install them.  I also ordered a ball bearing set for this car as it appears it only come with metal and plastic bushings..(?)

I wanted to ask.. do the rear dampers leak oil while on display?  I want to make sure there are no leaks. When I built my SandScorcher I did not fill the dampers with oil as the car is mostly for display.  Thanks again! 

• Like 1

I built my Sand Scorcher with third party shocks from rc4wd, i wanted my SS to look like a real baja bug, so i went with a set of scale looking shocks.  no oil, no leaks.

56 minutes ago, tim.senecal said:

I built my Sand Scorcher with third party shocks from rc4wd, i wanted my SS to look like a real baja bug, so i went with a set of scale looking shocks.  no oil, no leaks.

Your secret is safe with me.  Please post which brand and model you used.  :D 

In other news, I got my tracking number for the kit.  

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks moffman!   Your car looks great! :D 

I do have a spare set of ball diffs so will install them.  I also ordered a ball bearing set for this car as it appears it only come with metal and plastic bushings..(?)

I wanted to ask.. do the rear dampers leak oil while on display?  I want to make sure there are no leaks. When I built my SandScorcher I did not fill the dampers with oil as the car is mostly for display.  Thanks again! 

I'm sure the fighting buggy comes with ball races as standard?? And the rear damper (there is only one) is a brilliant piece of engineering it looks amazing when its working but for it to work properly it has to be free from any air it's a bit time consuming but definitely worth it:D

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, moffman said:

I'm sure the fighting buggy comes with ball races as standard?? And the rear damper (there is only one) is a brilliant piece of engineering it looks amazing when its working but for it to work properly it has to be free from any air it's a bit time consuming but definitely worth it:D

Oh do they come with bearings?  Huh, I was looking at TamiyaUSA's (?) spec page and it showed metal and plastic bushings so ordered the bearings.  Oh well, I can never have too many bearings so I'll just stash it in my parts bin.  :D 

Huh, I better put the rear damper (singular) together then.  You can confirm no leak?    That's the thing with my pretend RC shop.. it has to be 100% clean as the theme is RC car lounge.. not a workshop.  I don't like workshops as they are usually dirty and I already have a dirty workshop in the basement for wood working (which I also suck at :lol:).  My 1:1 garage is 10x cleaner, pretend RC shop 100x cleaner by reverse scale. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Oh do they come with bearings?  Huh, I was looking at TamiyaUSA's (?) spec page and it showed metal and plastic bushings so ordered the bearings.  Oh well, I can never have too many bearings so I'll just stash it in my parts bin.  :D 

Huh, I better put the rear damper (singular) together then.  You can confirm no leak?    That's the thing with my pretend RC shop.. it has to be 100% clean as the theme is RC car lounge.. not a workshop.  I don't like workshops as they are usually dirty and I already have a dirty workshop in the basement for wood working (which I also suck at).  My 1:1 garage is 10x cleaner, pretend RC shop 100x cleaner by reverse scale. 

If its built as instructions then you have nothing to worry about in relation to leaks! And I just can't remember ever thinking that was cheap from tamiya to not include bearings;)

20190828_091544.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moffman said:

If its built as instructions then you have nothing to worry about in relation to leaks! And I just can't remember ever thinking that was cheap from tamiya to not include bearings;)

Thanks moffman!  And I guess you wouldn't place your car on a wooden platform if it leaked oil!  So that is very good news.  I will definitely build mine per instructions and display on my shelf.  B)

It's funny how these SRB's when I was a kid I did not care for them.. but these days I gravitate towards these unique designs!   :D  The more unique, the more I gravitate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks moffman!  And I guess you wouldn't place your car on a wooden platform if it leaked oil!  So that is very good news.  I will definitely build mine per instructions and display on my shelf.  B)

It's funny how these SRB's when I was a kid I did not care for them.. but these days I gravitate towards these unique designs!   :D  The more unique, the more I gravitate.  

Actually that wooden platform was my dinner tray I was building the fighting buggy at the same time as I'd just ordered a Chinese takeaway meal (very nice local Chinese takeaway) and I was eating the Chinese as I was watching TV just finished the buggy and thought that buggy looks as though it would fit on there:lol:........strange things that go through ya mind and it did involve a bottle of beer or two!

• Haha 1

Love the SRB'S it's my childhood in a nutshell 

IMG_20151117_103519.jpg

IMG_20170910_081801.jpg

tamiya-sand-scorcher-full-size-rc-car.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah I can't get enough of them

20210926_182954.jpg

IMG_20171106_104425.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome @moffman!!   Man, those wheels on your green beetle look great and the wheel nuts.. very fancy!  :D   I think nicherotors is working on something with the Ranger.. not sure how far he got.  I'm currently focused on just finishing my small buggy lineup..  on the list are Optima MID , Turbo Scorpion, Fighting Buggy, and finish with Egress Black Edition.. 

Then I think I'm going to do something different.. like build a street car out of a spare SandScorcher body I have.   I might also work on m-chassis after that since I still have several NIB CF dual deck chassis kits and Cooper bodies I've not touched in 7-8 years.. (?)

• Like 1

The SRB'S are brilliant for the imagination IMO?  over the many years I've seen some fantastic looking SRB'S on this forum some you have to blink twice because they look almost real 1/1 cars and the attention to detail is unbelievable i like mine to be good but to look like an rc buggy but that's just my taste but like I say it's the imagination part that I think is best thing with the buggies:wub:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, moffman said:

The SRB'S are brilliant for the imagination IMO?  over the many years I've seen some fantastic looking SRB'S on this forum some you have to blink twice because they look almost real 1/1 cars and the attention to detail is unbelievable i like mine to be good but to look like an rc buggy but that's just my taste but like I say it's the imagination part that I think is best thing with the buggies:wub:

Agreed.  The arms and everything look cool on the SRB.   I enjoy looking at my Sand Scorcher with its metal arms and dampers peeking out the wheel wells.   :D  

IMG_2022-8-8-172127.jpg.9d1d7cfd6fd5c532f57975d676ea987b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

@Willy iine I'm speechless... :o

IMG_2022-8-10-164553.jpg.90e3794de791f6c9fa921cf8c2b6c49e.jpg

IMG_2022-8-11-155254.jpg.df5f50822eeb0c4c7e5efc2fcb83f361.jpg

IMG_2022-8-11-155226.jpg.f0dab05662da9b464541910361ee68da.jpg

Yep! F@#*ing badword @Willy iine, that's epic mate!

Edit: can we have a pic of Willy laying on it in a pose like the drawing scene out or Titanic please😉

Edited by Kol__
"Paint me like one of your French girls"
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guys, thanks for checking out my pictures.  :D  Means a lot to me.

@Kol__ LOL'ed!  :lol:  

So next up I'm going to make 4 stanchion posts for my M38, followed by very small work bench, 2 stools, and maybe a creeper stool not in any particular order.  :D 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, Willy iine said:

Your secret is safe with me.  Please post which brand and model you used.  :D 

In other news, I got my tracking number for the kit.  

I don't remember the exact ones, i do remember that the rear shocks are 60mm, front shocks are 70mm, and that limited me to only a couple choices.

23 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Guys, thanks for checking out my pictures.  :D  Means a lot to me.

@Kol__ LOL'ed!  :lol:  

So next up I'm going to make 4 stanchion posts for my M38, followed by very small work bench, 2 stools, and maybe a creeper stool not in any particular order.  :D 

I know you mentioned not getting the best gene's from your family's gene pool, But this is most certainly one thing that you consistently knock out of the park!

Haven't been on here much due to training at the new job, but every time I come on here I see you have raised the bar again, time after time.

You sir, have some SKILLS!

-RC Perspective

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

I know you mentioned not getting the best gene's from your family's gene pool, But this is most certainly one thing that you consistently knock out of the park!

Haven't been on here much due to training at the new job, but every time I come on here I see you have raised the bar again, time after time.

You sir, have some SKILLS!

-RC Perspective

You're too kind, man.  Thanks that means a lot to me.  B)  I tell myself if I'm going to play with a hobby at least be somewhat good at it..??   

@Aerobert Okay, now this is a TD4 I would ne interested in getting!  Nice paint scheme   :D 

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

TD4.thumb.jpg.ec026a21fb1e6d653a5fa51e74d0d68b.jpg

• Like 2