dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

14 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I see another Corolla WRC fan here @Smirrors :)

Hey you're not wrong lol. It was my grail piece and fortunate to have these two, plus a NIB kit and NIB bodyset. Super chuffed.

I am also a Toyota Rally fan in general so chasing the others. For 58119 I think I am going to resort to MCI stickers on a Tamiya body as it seems super hard to find. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-16 at 8.32.44 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Smirrors said:

Hey you're not wrong lol. It was my grail piece and fortunate to have these two, plus a NIB kit and NIB bodyset. Super chuffed.

I am also a Toyota Rally fan in general so chasing the others

Yeah, the Celicas and the Yaris

s-l1600.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

model_58201_01.jpg

model_58096_01.jpg

model_58119_01.jpg

top.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smirrors said:

Im not sure I will ever get the 58064. 58119 is the grail now 

There is a guy selling a 92200 in my area for an eye watering US$300

On 10/20/2022 at 1:19 PM, Nicadraus said:

I'm also interested in those mini components at the back. Especially the Technics. @lupogtiboy

20221014_143714.jpg

The Technics system was a freebie! One of the managers at work was having a clear-out and it was in the van to be thrown away, so I rescued it, along with the CD player that goes with it. I use it in the shed at work on my lunch breaks. I use a pair of Wharfdale speakers I got from a boot sale for £1, they sound amazing! 

The newer Sony is an MHC-2500 I got off eBay cheap as the tape decks didn't work. I fitted some new belts, and it works fine now. I have a few other Sony MHC hi-fi units in my storage container, just something I really like about them.

The FH-209W was another freebie from a boombox website I also go on. I just paid for the courier to collect it. I love the Spectrum analyser the most, I guess I just have a soft spot for Sony stuff of this age. Again, I have a few other FH series hifi's in my collection, including the infamous FH-7 mk2. 

• Like 1

These additions are WOW! @Willy iine

IMG_2022-10-18-132736.jpg.e06aca013659c2e220445937975ee84a.jpg

IMG_2022-10-18-132747.jpg.3cf930078e6c3e3f9ad337644fd4ab0c.jpg

Especially this!

IMG_2022-10-21-131209.jpg.fd8b5219ebb6ad82c697e94c977d371d.jpg

IMG_2022-10-21-131310.jpg.4b0fccb9d154586e6e3785e450a7e980.jpg

All your DIY creations are just as fantastic as your builds. You can send us those accessories for Christmas you know. :lol:

• Haha 1

Thanks @Nicadraus!   :lol:  

Yeah, I am running out of space so planning to do another shelf soon.. not sure yet, but I am thinking maybe like a car lounge theme..?  

Thanks again!  B)

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks @Nicadraus!   :lol:  

Yeah, I am running out of space so planning to do another shelf soon.. not sure yet, but I am thinking maybe like a car lounge theme..?  

Thanks again!  B)

I can give you some ideas such as a DJ booth, home theater set up with lazyboy lounges and some nice branded speakers like B&W, Kef, Dynaaudio or Traction maybe.

Just make sure that the turntables you 3D print are none other than Technics SL-1200 MK2 or its variants for the DJ booth. Hahaha!

Here's a a few sets I have which I ordered from Japan. Although these are 1:12 in scale. The table, I just build it from pvc board.

jEwiy9zl.jpg

yfpZk7Pl.jpg

ilJiKeyl.jpg

uI4oCEil.jpg

ucfAMVZl.jpg

fqwP6vHl.jpg

Ea8vQELl.jpg

VeLHn7Wl.jpg

5oieUmjl.jpg

s1gSTHNl.jpg

iZzzS4Jl.jpg

MDnR6Scl.jpg

MuJyWS6l.jpg

:)

• Like 5

Nice @Nicadraus!!   

I was thinking dog bowls/dishes next.  lol 

I bought these random beagles from Amazon as he reminded me of Willy. 

IMG_2022-10-21-153937.jpg.68e6fe04d72adfa505591a9c06498ef0.jpg

• Like 2

Hi @sqfab the gallery thread has this friendly guideline of not posting any words, just your pictures.  You can definitely talk about your collection on this thread!  B)

On 10/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, Frankster said:

There is a guy selling a 92200 in my area for an eye watering US$300

Yeah thats high for body that was more recently available. Ive got two of them, with one potentially going the MCI route to recreate the repsol celica. 

Your RC Shop is far now from a pretend one now @Willy iine with the Mid and posters.

Certainly a fantastic space to enjoy the hobby. Job well done mate 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, Willy iine said:

I was thinking dog bowls/dishes next. 

Your a music man?, how about Willy’s Wild band rocking a Drum kit, Guitar & Keyboard recording some music for Tamiya Promo vids on the blog camera 😉😁

Posted  a couple of older photos in the main thread mostly in an attempt to get my mojo back! Moved house since those were shot and while my cars are out of the boxes they need a little work to get them running again (except the Hopper). About to put some shelving up in the study so they've got a nice place to sit rather than wedged on a narrow book shelf in bits! 

I'll get some fresh pics, I haven't run the Blitzer for ages!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krustybus said:

Posted  a couple of older photos in the main thread mostly in an attempt to get my mojo back! Moved house since those were shot and while my cars are out of the boxes they need a little work to get them running again (except the Hopper). About to put some shelving up in the study so they've got a nice place to sit rather than wedged on a narrow book shelf in bits! 

I'll get some fresh pics, I haven't run the Blitzer for ages!

I saw them.  Awesome cars!  Very cool.  I like that dual stage paint rusted look on your Beetle.  I should try something like that too on my street version Sand Scorcher since I will have some battleship red TS left... hummmmm..! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I saw them.  Awesome cars!  Very cool.  I like that dual stage paint rusted look on your Beetle.  I should try something like that too on my street version Sand Scorcher since I will have some battleship red TS left... hummmmm..! 

First off, thank you :) 

Secondly, do it, I'm sure it'll be spectacular! I'm a big fan of your work, the stuff you come up with is amazing :D 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Krustybus said:

First off, thank you :) 

Secondly, do it, I'm sure it'll be spectacular! I'm a big fan of your work, the stuff you come up with is amazing :D 

Thanks, that means a lot to me.  :D   

Nice job again!!

17 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I just realized I had one of the tires on backwards!  LOL!

Terry

I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. :lol:

• Haha 1