dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

40 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

This is a beautiful TB-02R+ (plus for the modified shock towers and upper deck ;) )

Thanks man...it's also got a blue front one way and blue aluminium steering arms, upper arm mounts, suspension mounts, rear uprights, motor mount, servo mounts and front body posts. It's loaded!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Thanks man...it's also got a blue front one way and blue aluminium steering arms, upper arm mounts, suspension mounts, rear uprights, motor mount, servo mounts and front body posts. It's loaded!

Oops! I should then call it...

TB-02R+L (R plus loaded) :lol:

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 2:56 PM, Nicadraus said:

Now I got to get myself a Turbo Scorpion. B)

Me too!! 😉

12 hours ago, Ferruz said:

@Re-Bugged hats off to your new street Bug, what a stunner 🤩👌

Cheers bud 👍🏻 I was hoping to get it running for October Racing by Post but didn’t quite make it. 

• Haha 2

Been out in the woods and rocks with my Bruiser.

Harrisons-Rock-04.jpg

Harrisons-Rock-08.jpg

Halloween Style

Harrisons-Rock-13.jpg

With Friends. They kept up with me, and me with them

Harrisons-Rock-15.jpg

Top Of the climb

Harrisons-Rock-21.jpg

So, my stronger, longer steering plate on the hub ripped out because the screws were loose. Quite a way from the car. Flipped the hubs and carried on. Ordered Hot Racing upgrades on the trail too.

Harrisons-Rock-30.jpg

Another moody arty type shot.

This lot is playing around at my mates house in the remains of his fire pit. Niiiice and dusty in the summer sun.

Nice articulation on the leaf springs :)

Harrys-1.jpg

Harrys-2.jpg

Harrys-3.jpg

Harrys-4.jpg

Harrys-5.jpg

Harrys-6.jpg

• Like 6

That is absolutely awesome, @FoxShot!!  That is some extensive mods you did to get that level of articulation!  Nice work.  

• Like 1

Absolutely the best Turbo Optima Mid I've ever seen inside and out @Willy iine

I love the full CF chassis, shock towers and  color theme of the body/wing is fantastic. Hats off to you once again. Your pretend-rc shop should be renamed to Drool-Maker-Rc shop. :lol:

IMG_2022-11-6-122516.thumb.jpg.7eca7b3082d02fb65f44a36a30dd9a57.jpg

IMG_2022-11-6-122442.jpg.786212e2ad7111cf2028679ce2508eaa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Nicadraus Haha! Thanks again. :D  This car was a joy to build the first and second time.  

I will be taking a few weeks break to make more accessories for Willy, and then will work on the Turbo Optima next.  

The LeMans 240S runs exceptionally smooth (almost like a brushed motor) with the XR10, so it is now my go to set up for Kyosho cars unless I want to run their LeMans 490.

• Like 1

@Willy iine 

IMG_2022-11-17-061216.thumb.jpg.546cdf8dc95208c836ceac4f37a4453f.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous! 

Better build and design than the WO. For sure it does perform better as well. But I believe Kyosho was inspired by Tamiya's WO to do this. I desperately need one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

@Willy iine 

But I believe Kyosho was inspired by Tamiya's WO to do this. I desperately need one.

The Turbo Scorpion and Wild One were both released in 1985, the regular Scorpion in 1982. 

7 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

@Willy iine 

Absolutely gorgeous! 

Better build and design than the WO. For sure it does perform better as well. But I believe Kyosho was inspired by Tamiya's WO to do this. I desperately need one.

Hang on, hold your horses there big fella, there’s already an orderly line for these 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Hang on, hold your horses there big fella, there’s already an orderly line for these 😉

I had to get their Beetle too.. SandScorcher Kyosho version?  :D 

Anyway, I need to stop with the vintage series here as my Akira’s corner display is going to get too big.  

• Like 2

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Kyosho Legendaries @Willy iine. I bought a quality savox servo a little while ago with intention of it finding its way into one 😃

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Kyosho Legendaries @Willy iine. I bought a quality savox servo a little while ago with intention of it finding its way into one 😃

Yeah, I think you're right.   Sounds good on the servo!  :D   The 1251MG with short cable I used in the TurboScorpion works fine, but I think next time I'm just going to get the standard length cable servo.. it was a tad in the short side.  

And honestly speaking, the car drives so quirky that I think a  0.13 ~ 0.15 sec range would do just fine. 

• Thanks 1

Another plus for the Turbo Scorpion is it looks fantastic out the box, with all the labour intensive paint jobs I’ve done lately my brain needs a rest 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Another plus for the Turbo Scorpion is it looks fantastic out the box, with all the labour intensive paint jobs I’ve done lately my brain needs a rest 🤣

Haha!  Indeed.  

Those decals were pretty intense on the TurboScorpion.   Honestly MUCH EASIER to probably just mask and paint the blue, imho.   I have a spare body set coming so going to give it a shot in another color for kicks.  :D 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I have a spare body set coming so going to give it a shot in another color for kicks.  :D 

Fast forward to 5:28 and this one’s top half is all blue which I thought was smart too..

I have seen two tone red and white as well. 

• Like 1

@Re-Bugged That solid blue top looks good with the metallic.  

I think masking the white portion should be a walk in the park..?  I mean the body is pretty much an open tray.. no complex curves or anything.  I was thinking just cutting off the boarder stripes from the decal sheet and applying.  

I guess once we do the Sand Scorcher masking, our threshold for difficult gets a lot higher? :lol:

• Like 1