dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

9 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

@Re-Bugged

D18C3CF6-FA7C-46CF-8274-165F3675F9C8.jpg

This looks great! The camber on the front wheel here is what is usually seen on the rear on 1:1 low ride beetles :D

Agreed!  Fantastic work, @Re-Bugged!!! 

I also liked your SRV picture too. Works beautifully on both chassis!  :D 

• Thanks 1

@moffman thanks for your comments on the alloy wheels.  Yeah, since it’s such a vintage shape, I thought it would go well with the shape and color scheme and gave it a shot. :D 

I also have 1.9” alloys coming to me for the Kyosho Beetle which is my last of the vintage buggy series.   I thought real hard whether to do the Tomahawk or not, but decided on the Beetle.   I should have enough cars now to do the little Akira’s corner in my pretend RC shop next summer. :D   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman thanks for your comments on the alloy wheels.  Yeah, since it’s such a vintage shape, I thought it would go well with the shape and color scheme and gave it a shot. :D 

I also have 1.9” alloys coming to me for the Kyosho Beetle which is my last of the vintage buggy series.   I thought real hard whether to do the Tomahawk or not, but decided on the Beetle.   I should have enough cars now to do the little Akira’s corner in my pretend RC shop next summer. :D   

I had the same dilemma beetle or tomahawk and i ended up with the tomahawk simply because it was a xmas present and my daughter's asked me to do a list and they picked the tomahawk from said list I would have been happy with either both excellent buggies!

20210102_153409.jpg

20210102_232445.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman your Tomahawk looks awesome!   I love that classic shape and the color you used is superb.  

Cheers! The tomahawk is a classic shaped looking buggy! Are you doing the beetle boxart or something different?:wub:?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Cheers! The tomahawk is a classic shaped looking buggy! Are you doing the beetle boxart or something different?:wub:?

I'm going to do my own colors and decor on the Beetle.  I'm thinking a darker (?) metallic color and minimal decals..  Something like burgundy or gunmetal or dark metallic blue or orange something like that.  Then going to let the car tell me what decals to attach.  :D 

8 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I'm going to do my own colors and decor on the Beetle.  I'm thinking a darker (?) metallic color and minimal decals..  Something like burgundy or gunmetal or dark metallic blue or orange something like that.  Then going to let the car tell me what decals to attach.  :D 

Brilliant! As always I'll look forward to seeing that! Because I know its going to be the business mate!

2 minutes ago, moffman said:

Brilliant! As always I'll look forward to seeing that! Because I know its going to be the business mate!

Oh man, not sure.. after seeing @Re-Bugged's master piece Beetle, I hesitate to even type I'm building a "Beetle"..  :lol:   Atleast it's a Kyosho and looks completely different.  Thanks for the hope! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Oh man, not sure.. after seeing @Re-Bugged's master piece Beetle, I hesitate to even type I'm building a "Beetle"..  :lol:   Atleast it's a Kyosho and looks completely different.  Thanks for the hope! 

I can almost guarantee after seeing you superb builds of all kinds of model engineering and your fantastic wild willy collection it's not going to disappoint!;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I just got lucky that’s all 😉.

You’ve got this 👍🏻

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

tMHMeBt.jpg

<_<

Not cool. While I agree that the other user should not have double-posted words, there was no need to take it to this level. Picture or not, you still posted words which was your own complain to start with. Please help us keeping TC a friendly place. Peace.

*EDIT: How about everyone edits their post to have an RC picture?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OoALEJOoO said:

Not cool. While I agree that the other user should not have double-posted words, there was no need to take it to this level. Picture or not, you still posted words which was your own complain to start with. Please help us keeping TC a friendly place. Peace.

*EDIT: How about everyone edits their post to have an RC picture?

Oh so you wanna chime in? Technically it's still a picture. So I didn't break the rules. 

"Please help us keeping TC a friendly place" - that's one of the reasons why the Gallery was made for. "Absolutely no words" to keep the politics out and keep the harmony going. Until some self-entitled member ruined it and continued to spoil it. So you're ok with that and not call him out? Instead you call me out for calling him out? 

Ironic. Not cool.

4 hours ago, ImALlama said:

DC1D8A00-A32A-45C6-8D0A-D8E7D487709E.thumb.jpeg.851f0d9aafdf1ac0c39630eef59b4c9b.jpeg

Man, great to see Willy driving an F1! Did you have to modify the body for extra clearance, or it was a straight fit-in? I recently got an F-104W Wolf and was thinking getting an extra F1 2017 body and adding a comical driver head.

I cleared out the comments in the "no words" thread to clean it up. Remember to let your friendly mods know if there is something that requires our attention.

• Like 5

As I understood it, the gallery only thread is gallery only.  If one accidentally posts words (I've done it too out of excitement) then I think it would be a nice gesture to edit the post and paste it here in the comments thread to continue on with the discussions.   B) 

I like simple.  ..but I guess no one asked for my opinion.. :ph34r:  

:lol:  Happy posting.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

As I understood it, the gallery only thread is gallery only.  If one accidentally posts words (I've done it too out of excitement) then I think it would be a nice gesture to edit the post and paste it here in the comments thread to continue on with the discussions.   B) 

I like simple.  ..but I guess no one asked for my opinion.. :ph34r:  

:lol:  Happy posting.  

:) B) :D

10 hours ago, OoALEJOoO said:

Man, great to see Willy driving an F1! Did you have to modify the body for extra clearance, or it was a straight fit-in? I recently got an F-104W Wolf and was thinking getting an extra F1 2017 body and adding a comical driver head.

I had to drill a hole a little further forward, and used a longer screw, he sits resting on the sides with a gap under him

183F3894-4FA8-41AA-97E3-FDA1D4580CCA.jpeg.9dab63e3c95d2eb8756a8d52af12fd84.jpegB3931018-3F57-4161-B2D9-DD3EFB2FF556.jpeg.b5040e28f11b1b7261b0b5da69e3a312.jpeg64BBF59D-949B-4274-9025-73FE69662ACA.jpeg.13629bce1ed1761e69356657dcecfe87.jpeg5B5B89DE-629D-48D6-9194-A73433FAEF49.jpeg.4deaf04371b9591ccc9e003e8b326918.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1