dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Lots of great new pics as usual @Ferruz

But this one is something new.

20221130-003447.jpg

Great! B)

Thank you @Nicadraus! Believe it or not, I had a couple close calls while attempting to take it 🤣 the ice was thick enough to carry my weight but fully detached from the sides, so it tipped when I stepped on it and I almost slipped in the water while holding the buggy in my hands. Well worth the risk ahah

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ferruz said:

Thank you @Nicadraus! Believe it or not, I had a couple close calls while attempting to take it 🤣 the ice was thick enough to carry my weight but fully detached from the sides, so it tipped when I stepped on it and I almost slipped in the water while holding the buggy in my hands. Well worth the risk ahah

Oh wow! Good thing you didn't slip. Be careful next time.

My daughter would love to practice ice skate on that small frozen pond though if she saw it. :lol:

• Haha 1

Always enjoy your pics @Ferruz especially the day-glo colour contrast with the snow :) Just watch those icy pools lol! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Bravo @Willy iine

Beautifully done as expected. I'd like to see it side by side your black SA. :)

Thanks!  I added a few more pictures with my SuperAstute's.  :D 

@Re-Bugged Thanks, yeah, I did try the blue tint first (my wife was also in my pretend RC shop when I started making sour faces and she asked if I was alright.. :lol:).  

I don't know what Tamiya was thinking, but that blue has no consistency with the rest of the car and it reminded me of those super cheap toy diecast car windows (maybe Matchbox?) back in the 70's.. it was definitely not my style..  Car looks fine without window trim as it's black.. as you probably agree with me, less black decal is better on black as the decal edge's reflection makes the car look dirty.  I don't run window trim on my black SuperAstute's either. 

..and those gray wheels.. I can't stand cheap looking wheels. A quick shot of TS38 cured that. B)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  I added a few more pictures with my SuperAstute's.  :D 

Ok I think that's too much SA's there. You can send me one. Either will do as I won't be choosy you know. :lol:

IMG_2022-12-2-090625.thumb.jpg.4173de1bbe9e9e585f87bd2cc7cbda78.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went out with some friends on a 4 hour trail walk with some rock crawling. I do love this vehicle. Its starting to get a few battle scars too. Really should get a user body for it, or a display body.

Screenshot_20221207-200748_Gallery.thumb.jpg.04da5f9342f7c6c62e21c1619a05e686.jpg

Arty stop off

Screenshot_20221207-200734_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5dad827354a2675152ea508e8d9d61f5.jpg

"Service stop" in the woods....

Screenshot_20221207-200708_Gallery.thumb.jpg.010c6a6d75f043fff443b25d191a0cc5.jpg

Mates TRX4 with a Gravedigger body in the background. 

Screenshot_20221207-200800_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7da985f9379ead76c9f03ff82658de49.jpg

It did get wetter and muddier than this. Under water to headlights.

Next mod is weights in the wheels, and change the oil rate in the rear shocks.

Also going to strip, clean and re lube the gearbox. It's had around at least 50 packs through it since build, so at least 100 hours of hard use.

This thing is just so much fun. Very capable, has a terrific scale look, and by far my most used RC apart from my TT01 Scooby "race" car.

• Like 4

Tamiya Coffee - Comes in 3 flavors. Ceramic, Molydenum & AWG. With 500, 1,000 & 10,000cst sweeteners. :lol:

IMG_2022-12-7-160205.thumb.jpg.f8ec5bd61ae233c82a66804cb17c67d8.jpg

IMG_2022-12-7-160219.thumb.jpg.8b172ab92dcfd564e50838354caae57f.jpg

Kidding aside, great new additions @Willy iine

• Haha 1

Thanks, @Nicadraus.  

So if I can figure out how to paint styrene to show as if it is a clear bottle with water inside, I would like to make a water cooler..   I think beyond my painting abilities.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, Willy iine said:

@RC Perspective Dang, that is some serious articulation on your Jeep!!   Nice.  :D   Car looks great.  

image.jpeg.2145ed311909b2f62b5d442fec44c1a9.jpeg

Thanks! 

So I bought it used off of ebay, just like I did with my TrailFinder 2. It's a Traxxas TRX4.

I printed an LCG battery tray, swapped out the way too long shocks, put shorter links on the front as it was all bound up and let her rip.

Thing is a beast!

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Xeostar beautiful execution!  :wub:  Next level stuff. 

image.jpeg.47caf20a9641a45b10a80ecfc0de045b.jpeg

Thanks :D , I'm trying to push my painting boundaries to up my skills and it was way more time consuming than I thought it was going to be. It was also the second attempt, the first I didn't like and got some bleeding so stripped it all back to nothing and started again. 

• Like 2