dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

On 12/11/2022 at 11:01 PM, Xeostar said:

20221211_114057.jpg

I honestly don't think that could look any better. Amazing work!

15 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

iN7iJhV.jpg

Love it mate! I know this has been high on your Wishlist for a while so really glad to see you did it. So good and Edgarmon looks chuffed!

• Thanks 2

On 12/10/2022 at 2:20 AM, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-12-12-172536.jpg.e7b940ad010c5800f0f1ca160d96111e.jpg

This was always super cool but window net finishes it perfectly. Lovely work as always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 1:28 PM, Willy iine said:

@Xeostar beautiful execution!  :wub:  Next level stuff. 

image.jpeg.47caf20a9641a45b10a80ecfc0de045b.jpeg

Simply stunning :)

• Thanks 1

@Willy iine Comparing this to the Tamiya Sand Scorcher Buggy, which do you like better in build, performance and quality? 

IMG_2022-12-18-170851.thumb.jpg.47afb2883ccf8bb1806bf1e16b979977.jpg

I had the Tamiya Ford Ranger with SRB chassis (a hand me down from my dad in the 80s) and it was an awful car on the race track because it always flipped on corners. On paved road, it handled better but would still flip over during hard cornering. The same thing with the Subaru Brat. That's the reason why I converted mine to a Frog.

By the way, beautiful build as always. :)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

@Willy iine Comparing this to the Tamiya Sand Scorcher Buggy, which do you like better in build, performance and quality? 

I had the Tamiya Ford Ranger with SRB chassis (a hand me down from my dad in the 80s) and it was an awful car on the race track because it always flipped on corners. On paved road, it handled better but would still flip over during hard cornering. The same thing with the Subaru Brat. That's the reason why I converted mine to a Frog.

By the way, beautiful build as always. :)

Thanks!  :D   Yeah,  hands down the Kyosho performs better and much better car overall as the suspension and drivetrain is superior.  It still pushes under coming out of a turn like the TurboScorpion, but it appears intentional and makes it easy to drive.  

That said, Tamiya has that special SandScorcher vibe a lot of us love, so the Kyosho Beetle would never replace my Sand Scorcher.. especially not after Billy took over the cockpit.  :D   Mine is mostly for display so the SandScorcher does absolutely fine as it is.  

IMG_2022-3-14-221214.jpg.d58ca7d718b8524988e4f37591f4e584.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  :D   Yeah,  hands down the Kyosho performs better and much better car overall as the suspension and drivetrain is superior.  It still pushes under coming out of a turn like the TurboScorpion, but it appears intentional and makes it easy to drive.  

That said, Tamiya has that special SandScorcher vibe a lot of us love, so the Kyosho Beetle would never replace my Sand Scorcher.. especially not after Billy took over the cockpit.  :D   Mine is mostly for display so the SandScorcher does absolutely fine as it is.  

IMG_2022-3-14-221214.jpg.d58ca7d718b8524988e4f37591f4e584.jpg

Can you take pics of the Kyosho Beetle and Tamiya Beetle together. With and without the bodies to show their chassis side by side too. Would look cool. B)

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Can you take pics of the Kyosho Beetle and Tamiya Beetle together. With and without the bodies to show their chassis side by side too. Would look cool. B)

Yeah, next time I pull out the Sand Scorcher from its display I will take more pictures.  B)

• Like 3

@Willy iine I'm trying to find the proper words to tell you how awesome and bang on your MIDnight looks. 🔸Fantastic🔸️ work. Your pretend RC Shop is becoming more and more the Taj Mahal of RC! 

....and please think twice about leaving this community: it can sure be a real bummer when the photo hosts go out of business, but then again, same goes for us all... we are here today, who knows about tomorrow 🤔😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

@Willy iine I'm trying to find the proper words to tell you how awesome and bang on your MIDnight looks. 🔸Fantastic🔸️ work. Your pretend RC Shop is becoming more and more the Taj Mahal of RC! 

....and please think twice about leaving this community: it can sure be a real bummer when the photo hosts go out of business, but then again, same goes for us all... we are here today, who knows about tomorrow 🤔😅

Thanks!!  Actually that is the MID Black race car version, I am making another body set on the same chassis with the darker more mysterious MID Night theme in the coming weeks..  :D 

The attachment memory is at 96% even after deleting a lot of non gallery pictures so I do not know how many more visual pollution I can post.. well, I suppose I can post smaller photo's.. :ph34r:  Thanks again and GL with your MID build!! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!!  Actually that is the MID Black race car version, I am making another body set on the same chassis with the darker more mysterious MID Night theme in the coming weeks..  

Oh, cool, can't wait to see that one too 😀

For what's worth, I use postimage as a picture host, and I know I'm not the only one in this forum. I've been using it for over two years now, and it never let me down. Super easy to use and you don't even need an account! I would never want you kind of "pollution" to stop 😉

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

Re-re family with vintage motors

img_59381fe7m.jpg

img_5939bldjp.jpg

img_5940svi4a.jpg

Both are beautiful! I never had a chance to drive either. But many say that the Egress is much better because it's lighter and suspension is nicer too. How would you compare the two with their driving characteristics? 

• Like 1

@Nicadraus I have only driven both a few laps in the garden. The Avante is good-natured and IMO comparable to a DF01 (Manta Ray, Top Force without one-way in the front). The Egress, on the other hand, drifts better into corners due to its freewheel in the front.

Of both cars, I'd like the Egress more (in case of handling/driving behaviour).

• Like 2

What’s better than a Land Rover Defender in its natural habitat. Great job looks the mutt’s nuts.

EDIT: oops that didn’t do what it was supposed to. Relates to Land Rover on last page. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Busdriver said:

What’s better than a Land Rover Defender in its natural habitat.

I thought if it looks like a farmers landy I might as well give it its maiden run on a farm :D Pretty capable platform that CMX + IMO the Defender looks ace. Ran into the limits of the original MST tires rather quick so might consider a tire upgrade. Nothing unrealistic but a bit more profile and a softer compound would work wonders I think. 

@Fabia130vRS is this a 2 motor TA-03 variant of your own making? Any info on what parts you used? I was thinking of joining my TA-03F and TA-03RS into a 2 motor TA-03 speed runner. Anything I need to take into consideration?

8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Will call this the FTA-01 @Fabia130vRS :D

spacer.png

Awesome.  I always wanted to build a 2 motor chassis.  What chassis are these from?  How does it drive?