dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

3 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

It did roll over once @Nicadraus, but no damage at all. I was having a ball with it. The usual mud flat I run on was underwater (as seen in the first pic). But where I could run the TS was such a pleasure anyway, I think it’s such a great buggy and is perfect for me and everything I could want from one. I was a bit concerned before running it about the Hobbywing MAX10 3300kv sensorless combo. There is a very slight, and I mean very slight jitter on take off from stationary for less than a second, but once the wheels are turning it’s a smooth as a sensored set up. Plenty quick enough for me.
I had to screw the steering rods 2 and a half turns to make them a bit shorter reducing toe-in as the inside of the front wheels were rubbing on the trailing arms when the suspension was compressed with full lock and acting as a brake when it did. All good now, turns on a dime and I’m very happy with it. The suspension works beautifully as the body just floats along on a level plane while the wheels soak up the bumps. Can’t wait for a beach run 😁

Glad you're having a blast with it. I'm still on a TS hunt. Can't wait. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Glad you're having a blast with it. I'm still on a TS hunt. Can't wait. :)

Look forward to seeing in the gallery when the search is over 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

That is some serious design and body masking/painting @Xeostar

Great work! :)

Thanks Nicadraus :D. If I did one again I think some drop shadows on the main gold sections would make it a lot better, give it some depth. 

I've got the wing done now too but I've not even got a TT-02B for it to go on :blink:.

20230122_161449.thumb.jpg.4a9af69e53f6ab0619667fc14e881133.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xeostar said:

Thanks Nicadraus :D. If I did one again I think some drop shadows on the main gold sections would make it a lot better, give it some depth. 

I've got the wing done now too but I've not even got a TT-02B for it to go on :blink:.

Very well done! Great work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xeostar said:

Indeed, awesome work mate👍😎

• Like 1

@Kol__, @Aerobert - Thanks chaps :D. It was a fun shell to paint. Think it'll look good on a chassis with gold wheels and shocks. 

It was inspired by the Eternals Ikaris' outfit and used mainly Green Stuff World Paints. 

Eternals Ikarus.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xeostar said:

It was inspired by the Eternals Ikaris' outfit and used mainly Green Stuff World Paints. 

Eternals Ikarus.jpg

Nice! How did you do the multiple circles bud? Is that a process of printing out your own vinyl masking and applying it to the inside of the shell?

@Xeostar just to back-up all the other comments; what an incredible paint job. However long the masking took I think it was worth it!

and @Ferruzgreat action shots as always. Your photos shout FUN!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xeostar said:

@Kol__, @Aerobert - Thanks chaps :D. It was a fun shell to paint. Think it'll look good on a chassis with gold wheels and shocks. 

Eternals Ikarus.jpg

Great job!

Do you have a plotter cutter to make the hex’s and circles?

20 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice! How did you do the multiple circles bud? Is that a process of printing out your own vinyl masking and applying it to the inside of the shell?

11 hours ago, Frankster said:

Great job!

Do you have a plotter cutter to make the hex’s and circles?

Yep I've got a silhouette portrait cutter, it's a great help with custom masks. Pre cut masks are really expensive for what they are, they add up really quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Oh man this is so ridiculously fun!  Well done @Xeostar!

@bRIBEGuy Thanks :D, I never thought of it like that but that's a good way to describe the vibe I was going for. I'm sure not to everybody's taste and very unconventional but why not B)

32 minutes ago, AshRC said:

IMG_20190724_164038.jpg

Proper monster Blackfoot, this looks so good!! @Sayer

Thanks!

Original build thread is here: (just had to fix all the images)

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kol__ said:

Awesome, just awesome mate! Love it:wub:

What a cool little dude and an amazing little connection you formed. Not surprisingly you were gutted when he came to an early end. It may me lol a little when you said you were embarrassingly cut up about it, no need to be though. Sounds like a special time with that little chap mate, he came to give you something special whilst the world was brought to it's knees by a deadly pandemic.

R.I.P Munchy🪦 L.E.G.E.N.D.

I met him in this thread and I was heartbroken anyway. Munchy forever.

• Haha 1