dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

Ok @jonboy1, you got me. I cannot lie. I did spend most of an evening playing around with different settings on a new phone, staging stuff in the lounge with LED’s, editing on the PC etc to get ‘that’ shot because it was raining.

But then this morning I just parked it in the sun and pressed the button and 💥 😃

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ferruz said:

20230416-210318.jpg

20230416-184333.jpg

20230416-210501.jpg

I like what you've done with the little rear window there @Ferruz

And what tyres are those? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

But then this morning I just parked it in the sun and pressed the button and 💥 😃

you know you can really go off people sometimes..... 🤣

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

unnamed (1).jpg

I’m in lust! So good.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Agreed with @GeeWings, that Talbot Sunbeam is just so sweeeeeet @jonboy1!! and with the correct rims... stunning :wub:

Thank you @BuggyDad, I am actually very proud of my little rear window addition to the Mid, it came after a lot of pondering so I'm glad you appreciate it :lol:

Tires are a repro of the Bridgestone originals by Marwan RC, and they are excellent. They've been a life saver since to me they are part of the Mid's DNA and I just couldn't feel her identity fully coming to life without them. I ordered them the same day I bought the kit 😅 

...that being said, I just pulled the trigger on some on road kicks for the Postal Racing. Like you suggested a while ago, these are a bit too nice to shred out instantly on tarmac, and will be preserved for the shelf and for some snow/offroad running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only just saw your rear window @Ferruz because my work laptop blocks most image servers. Anyway, great idea and well executed. Very nice. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, BuggyDad said:

Very nice all of those. Could you tell me what those yellow wheels are? Have you dyed some white ones? I am hoping to achieve a similar look, albeit slightly darker shade yellow. I have some JC Racing Fox ones to dye but I'm not sure whether it'll work. 

Sorry for slow reply.   The yellow wheels were from a grasshopper 2 super G.  I think the gold nova fox wheels would be the way forward. Green and gold is a good combination 👍😊

On 5/18/2023 at 8:02 PM, silvertriple said:

rOLgj6i.jpg

Lovely! It’s such a great looking model with just the right amount of detail. I need to get around to restoring mine at some stage. Did you get any closer to printable tyres for this model? 

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Lovely! It’s such a great looking model with just the right amount of detail. I need to get around to restoring mine at some stage. Did you get any closer to printable tyres for this model? 

I have the model for the tires already, but I need to fine tune something for the printing in the proper resin... This was postponed, like the Hunter tires for priorities purpose. I'll get back to this but I don't know yet 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The latest Beetle #5 (think it’s 5 I’ve lost count 😂) is my new favourite of yours @Willy iine 👍🏻

Thanks!  Yes, 5 Beetle chassis, 7 bodies.  :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  Yes, 5 Beetle chassis, 7 bodies.  :D 

You will be doing this then before long when other V Dubs go past 😉

IMG_5278.md.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

@Busdriver this looks lovely. What paint is the blue? 

PS4 Blue backed with PS16 as I ran out of 4 followed by black. White is Core RC white Knight also backed with black and the whole thing backed with PS12. Few little hiccups that don’t show in these pictures but it’s a runner.

OMG had to zoom in to check if there were body posts. Looks so real . You nailed it!!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, Busdriver said:

IMG_4381.jpg

Wow! That’s seriously good. What a great looking car. Giving me the itch 🤑

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2023-6-8-160327.jpg

Love this one Willy. Colour choice and decals work so well together and it looks beautifully put together as always. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Love this one Willy. Colour choice and decals work so well together and it looks beautifully put together as always. 

Thanks!  The color I have to give credit to @matisse for sharing his metallic burgundy recipe.  :D    I too love this color as I've seen 1:1 in person in this color and it is absolutely beautiful.   I am expecting alloy wheels to arrive soon, so will do another take down the road.

Thanks again @GeeWings, @matisse!!    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  The color I have to give credit to @matisse for sharing his metallic burgundy recipe.  :D    I too love this color as I've seen 1:1 in person in this color and it is absolutely beautiful.   I am expecting alloy wheels to arrive soon, so will do another take down the road.

Thanks again @GeeWings, @matisse!!    

:) it looks incredible!

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Busdriver said:

IMG_4383.jpg
IMG_4382.jpg

That looks absolutely stunning @Busdriver, brilliant work 👏👏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

That looks absolutely stunning @Busdriver, brilliant work 👏👏

A big thumbs up has to go to Nat at MCI ho did the hard work

I seriously am beyond baffled as to how you all make such realistic, beautiful bodies. Not only that, but also staged in a perfectly lit environment.

I currently have two shells needing painting (one being Ford Bronco CC-02 shell, other an old Traxxas I need to scrape the paint off and repaint).

I’m absolutely flabbergasted, as only the simplest combinations have worked well; upon mixing three colors, I got my infamous TL-01 Stadium Raider… soup.

• Like 1