Jump to content
dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

@Jimaroid that's a lovely shot with a nice late summer vibe. Love it!

Thanks! Its the daughter’s Hornet, she’s learning how much fun it is to jump it. She’s not so keen on the maintenance but it keeps me entertained. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aerobert said:

spacer.png

@Ferruz : What a great shot. You always make great action shots, but for me this one is outstanding! Perfect picture.

Thank you. It's a wonderland when you are on the beach! I hope to take a few more good ones in the next days :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Nicadraus those are some nice wheels on your Pajero!  B)

The wheels were formerly used in the Jimny. Then I just got tired of the wheels that I've beeen using for the Pajero and ordered new set of 90mm tires narrower than the one installed. I think the wheels and tires really went well with the Pajero.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2023-09-28-133541.jpg.3dd944b0267ba0c7a7f0f8564b1b6dc9.jpg

IMG_2023-09-28-133530.jpg.a0549b12c98eaaa86a803bcd1c9702be.jpg

Hey @Willy iine looks fabulous. Are these minis you're doing now a currently available shell or the old Tamiya unicorns? Is it a little more compact and with more flared arches than the red one, or is that an illusion? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Hey @Willy iine looks fabulous. Are these minis you're doing now a currently available shell or the old Tamiya unicorns? Is it a little more compact and with more flared arches than the red one, or is that an illusion? 

Thanks!  These are less rare than the red ones as they came with the M03's.  The red one which were originally off the M01 came with those hard plastic lamps and stuff, the non-Monte Carlo one as well.   The M01 version weree slightly smaller than the M03 version.

Eitherway, these are both becoming unicorns for sure.   I have a M01 NIB and 2 more unpainted bodies, but that is all I have left..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OoALEJOoO I love your one-off Hornet Beetle!   :D   Very nice accessories, driver, and the colors you used, classy and exciting, lively yet not too aggressive.   👍

One-off cars rock.  B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Eitherway, these are both becoming unicorns for sure. I have a M01 NIB and 2 more unpainted bodies, but that is all I have left..

If they only could bring those Mini bodies back ... I'd buy at least three right off! :D (thinking about Orange or BRG on my Phat Bodies one for the time being)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@OoALEJOoO I love your one-off Hornet Beetle!   :D   Very nice accessories, driver, and the colors you used, classy and exciting, lively yet not too aggressive.   👍

One-off cars rock.  B)

Thank you! The Hornet Beetle got quite a beating last week when I took it to the park for a rally bash. Its MF-01X chassis was built earlier as a trail car and had its rear diff locked. When I converted it to rally, I got lazy to unlock the diff since that meant opening up the whole chassis, resulting in a very tail-happy car with low rear grip that benefited from a gyro. Well, I finally unlocked the diff and what a difference!! The MF-01X is a lovely 4WD chassis with plenty of grip.

VWHB2-4.JPG

The picture showed the latest tire & wheel combo that I recently discovered. It is using wide T3-01 tires on truck wheels. The final OD is about the same as touring car tires but much wider. Unfortunately, the front tires rub against the wheel arches but this should be easy to solve.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Ferruz said:

20230917-011659.jpg

Just got to say, I flipping love this. Perhaps my favourite TC post. Even the sand and sky colours are somehow "period" and I love how the light catches the front tyre and shell. I don't know how you get these shots but they're fantastic. Inspired idea and photography skills off the scale. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rear wheel came loose and hex slot in rim was damaged a bit. I do not like Plasma Edge II wheels, so decided do replace them with Dark Impact white wheels. I was not happy, so I ordered 2WD black dish wheels.

IMG-20231004-065607823.jpg

At least for now, I am not sure if I like this combination. Unfortunately, there are no black front wheels in my area, except of Dark Impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2023 at 6:35 PM, BuggyDad said:

Just got to say, I flipping love this. Perhaps my favourite TC post. Even the sand and sky colours are somehow "period" and I love how the light catches the front tyre and shell. I don't know how you get these shots but they're fantastic. Inspired idea and photography skills off the scale. 

Thank you Sir for such kind words! Yeah, it did take a minute to find the right spot/jump/angle but, being at the beach on vacation, I wasn't exactly in a rush to leave 😅

Sand and sky came out quite vintage-y to begin with, but I've also enhanced them slightly afterwards using a filter (nothing major, everything within my 9-y old phone).

Taking these photos and sharing them on TC is a huge part of my RC fun 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tobyone said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

j2BPcpb [1024x768].jpg

mDECwdr [1024x768].jpg

MxBs2AI [1024x768].jpg

z1Tl7dv [1024x768].jpg

fCNwGxg.jpg

Sweet looking Integrale there 👌

Those mud flaps look cool, can you please tell me where you found them? I was going to create some from scratch, but these seem just about right. Nice to see a Delta in Repsol livery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

Just now, silvertriple said:

Spnb026.jpg

A repro of the Marui unreleased Mitsubishi Jeep (kit MT60RC09 as presented in Marui RC 1986 catalog) finally completed, thanks to @yogi-bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Sweet looking Integrale there 👌

Those mud flaps look cool, can you please tell me where you found them? I was going to create some from scratch, but these seem just about right. Nice to see a Delta in Repsol livery.

Thanks!

They are part of a set created by Knight Customs available on https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-delta-integrale-detail-set-128256 , printed on my resin printer.

Hope that helps :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tobyone said:

Thanks!

They are part of a set created by Knight Customs available on https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-delta-integrale-detail-set-128256 , printed on my resin printer.

Hope that helps :) 

Thank you! They really look the part, and I like that they are mounted on with those tiny screws. Unfortunately I don't own a 3D printer :( I might just ask somebody to print those for me though, so thanks again for the link!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...