dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

6 hours ago, Tobyone said:

@Eric_N nice job on the Yaris!

I'm just starting the decals on mine, only another 100+ to go :(

Thanks. This was the worst decal set I've experienced.  It's a runner and already scratched some of them.

Probably one of the last few days this year to run RC. Time to start weekend!

IMG-20231027-161710400.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

20231029-004025.jpg

20231023-174605.jpg

20231029-121949.jpg

Just a big ❤️ to how much fun you seem to be having with this crazy little character. 

• Like 2

Thank you @BuggyDad 😁 indeed, the silly grin on my face doesn't ever seem to go away... This little guy just ticks all the boxes! It's heaps of fun, and I absolutely can't wait to see it in action on snow ✳

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, Yoshimitsu said:

53197851814_eb72ed64fa_k.jpg

That's just so good. Thanks for the nostalgia hit! 

On 9/21/2023 at 6:05 AM, Willy iine said:

IMG_2023-09-20-145708.jpg.48e50580fa1ec31468ce8653c4e9e283.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the Fiat @Willy iine but you converted me with this one! What a lovely job you've done as always.

On 9/29/2023 at 7:10 AM, Yoshimitsu said:

53220727969_07f260b682_k.jpg

Kidnap diorama? ;)

On 10/8/2023 at 2:49 AM, silvertriple said:

tmi5Mxw.jpeg

What an amazing project and what an incredible result. A labour of love for sure. 

On 10/30/2023 at 7:25 AM, Ferruz said:

20231029-125009.jpg

:wub: Nobody's photos make me want to drive an RC as much as yours. You just capture all the fun and energy so well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

@GeeWings Thanks!   The 1000 TCR's shape was like my Beetle..  I honestly never liked the shape of the car until I got to a certain age where I started appreciating those vintage lines and styles..   It's got so much character and I love the shape now.  :D 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Hey @Bluebug nice colour choice. What are those wheels please? 

Thank you! Color is PS-19 Camel yellow, backed with a bunch of white (PS-1). It pops out quite good in the day light, almost fluorescent yellow-orange.

The wheels are Tamiya 84155 medium-narrow rally wheels I bought long ago for a custom build, they are narrower than normal (24mm instead of the standard 26mm) so they pinch the tires a bit more, which I think helps make the front tires look better (instead of the stretched look of the factory wheels). I like it even more pinched than that, by installing the tires off the bead. In the second pic you can see how the sidewall is rounded instead of stretched. I might trim off the bead of the wheel and just glue the tires like that, instead of into the bead.

Andreas W: yes they look to be the same except for the color, in your link they are also 24mm:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/wheels-spareoption/rc-24mm-rally-wheels-4pcs-2/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebug said:

Thank you! Color is PS-19 Camel yellow, backed with a bunch of white (PS-1). It pops out quite good in the day light, almost fluorescent yellow-orange.

The wheels are Tamiya 84155 medium-narrow rally wheels I bought long ago for a custom build, they are narrower than normal (24mm instead of the standard 26mm) so they pinch the tires a bit more, which I think helps make the front tires look better (instead of the stretched look of the factory wheels). I like it even more pinched than that, by installing the tires off the bead. In the second pic you can see how the sidewall is rounded instead of stretched. I might trim off the bead of the wheel and just glue the tires like that, instead of into the bead.

Andreas W: yes they look to be the same except for the color, in your link they are also 24mm:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/wheels-spareoption/rc-24mm-rally-wheels-4pcs-2/

Oh wow I didn't realise Tamiya did those in a chrome finish. I won't go for them on mine because I want to use 2.2 tyres but I think they look very nice. I intend to start my BBX off with chrome silver pepperpots but to be quite honest I'm not confident they'll suit it. It's just that they are a chrome wheel in the size I want and broadly of a period style (and I have other cars that would take them). 

On 11/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, BuggyDad said:

Oh wow I didn't realise Tamiya did those in a chrome finish. I won't go for them on mine because I want to use 2.2 tyres but I think they look very nice. I intend to start my BBX off with chrome silver pepperpots but to be quite honest I'm not confident they'll suit it. It's just that they are a chrome wheel in the size I want and broadly of a period style (and I have other cars that would take them). 

I actually had to google the pepper pots, please forgive my ignorance hahaha :) I'll be interested to see them on a BBX for sure. It seems like special wheels on BBX are still far and few, at least from the google search I tried. 

I have the stock wheels dipping in bleach (actually pool granulated chlorine put in some water) to strip off the chrome and see how they look in white. Either the chlorine is not quite like bleach or the Tamiya chrome is tough as nails lol

I think @ChrisRx718 BBX looked superb with the JC Racing Pepper Pots (as it also does with the other wheels he has mounted on it. It reminds me of the good looking Bear Hawk of @Goudar. When I seethe rear cage on the BBX I immidiatelyugh think about the Bear Hawk. 

4 hours ago, Andreas W said:

I think @ChrisRx718 BBX looked superb with the JC Racing Pepper Pots (as it also does with the other wheels he has mounted on it. It reminds me of the good looking Bear Hawk of @Goudar. When I seethe rear cage on the BBX I immidiatelyugh think about the Bear Hawk. 

Looked through @ChrisRx718's thread I can't see pepper pots. I like the Ultima ones there for this very much, but I don't really want to do the bearing wheel thing. Although, thinking about it, with my other intended mods I could also backwards convert the BBX to take knuckles for bearing wheels.

Anyway, a few weeks time I should have a BBX with silver chrome pepperpots on. I've got the wheels already. Slightly annoyingly, could only get the wider 4wd fronts in chrome. 

Bit of a dilemma on what colour to paint it though. Box art I quite like, but @ChrisRx718's slightly lighter blue and @Bluebug's Camel Yellow are both inspiration to look elsewhere. Hmmm. I might buy a second body set to do one box art(ish) and another something very different. 

45 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Looked through @ChrisRx718's thread I can't see pepper pots. I like the Ultima ones there for this very much, but I don't really want to do the bearing wheel thing. Although, thinking about it, with my other intended mods I could also backwards convert the BBX to take knuckles for bearing wheels.

Anyway, a few weeks time I should have a BBX with silver chrome pepperpots on. I've got the wheels already. Slightly annoyingly, could only get the wider 4wd fronts in chrome. 

Bit of a dilemma on what colour to paint it though. Box art I quite like, but @ChrisRx718's slightly lighter blue and @Bluebug's Camel Yellow are both inspiration to look elsewhere. Hmmm. I might buy a second body set to do one box art(ish) and another something very different. 

Oh no. Then I must have mixed up his thread with one of the others. Maybe it was Joeling. 

If you can live with white or black wheels you get the narrow front wheel for Optima. They are the same size as the Ultima ones and have hex mount. A first choice for a Dirtmaster (and BBX) if you ask me. The one I have seen here with Optima pepper pots had silver wheels. 

Hard to make a decition which color to choose. To give you even more ideas I would like to se a BBX in orange metallic, bronze or gold metallicB).

1 hour ago, Andreas W said:

Oh no. Then I must have mixed up his thread with one of the others. Maybe it was Joeling. 

If you can live with white or black wheels you get the narrow front wheel for Optima. They are the same size as the Ultima ones and have hex mount. A first choice for a Dirtmaster (and BBX) if you ask me. The one I have seen here with Optima pepper pots had silver wheels. 

Hard to make a decition which color to choose. To give you even more ideas I would like to se a BBX in orange metallic, bronze or gold metallicB).

I was thinking about a non metallic orange, but more of a 70s orange than a neon one. 

Or I could go all Elon Musk and try my chrome paint on the whole body shell, for a bare metal style. Not with chrome wheels though, but I've also got some white ones. Hmmmm actually that would suit my slightly agricultural modding intentions for this. 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

I was thinking about a non metallic orange, but more of a 70s orange than a neon one. 

Or I could go all Elon Musk and try my chrome paint on the whole body shell, for a bare metal style. Not with chrome wheels though, but I've also got some white ones. Hmmmm actually that would suit my slightly agricultural modding intentions for this. 

A friend of mine had a DBS Golden Flash bicycle when we went to elementary school (early80s). It was from the first half of the 70s and was in a cool orange gold metallic. This was the inspiration for my color choice on my Tomahawk PS-61). Here seen on the variant for Girls.

Of course a solid orange also is a tasteful color choice. 

716_1582215763.jpg

5 hours ago, chaman said:

53313745672_c3d4b3a5b6_6k.jpg

53314984699_ecc3461968_6k.jpg

53314998759_fd49401784_6k.jpg

Wow! What a lovely collection. These three in particular have me drooling! 😜

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2023-11-09-155304.jpg.2f5cc24125272d1c6f53c223f71b6faa.jpg

IMG_2023-11-09-155242.jpg.4a19623eb63db3519b2323b6810bf586.jpg

😮 I’ve missed the whole story about this but love it. Great work as always. 

On 11/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, BuggyDad said:

20231108_002704

Yes! Awesome!

• Thanks 1