Jump to content
dmelczer

RC Gallery Comment thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

@Willy iine If you want some real snake plants let me know; I've got thousands :lol:

Looks awesome tho; Got some fantastic talent on this site!

-RC Perspective

Thanks!  I am a fan of snake plants.  I have enough to cover my house at the moment.  Thanks for the offer!!  How did you end up with thousands??!   :D 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  I am a fan of snake plants.  I have enough to cover my house at the moment.  Thanks for the offer!!  How did you end up with thousands??!   :D 

 

My Dad's Mother cut a leaf in half and gave it to my Mom back in the late 60's or early 70's, and you know the rest.

Got a few in my Crawling/Trail garden. When they are in the ground in Florida they get absolutely massive.

-RC Perspective

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2022 at 4:28 AM, Nicadraus said:

This is a masterpiece @Willy iine

IMG_2022-7-7-175015.jpg.b35e3808f5610960e5b2c7e71447c48a.jpg

IMG_2022-7-7-175023.jpg.106a66ccb0a3751a94973c4ac6a0db78.jpg

IMG_2022-7-8-171354.jpg.d49ab24b008259676f565514023f07bc.jpg

Agreed, it's amazing how realistic it looks!! Well done, getting better with every new addition🤩

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

Agreed, it's amazing how realistic it looks!! Well done, getting better with every new addition🤩

Thanks!   I am trying to make something different each time by using new techniques. 

I sent pictures of my snake plant to my mom (yes, still alive) who use to make silk and ribbon flowers from scratch and sold flower arrangements to hotels and fancy restaurants in the area for fun thinking she would appreciate her son exploring making a plant from scratch.  

She said if she stretched the word 'good', then my snake plant looks good..  :wacko:  so from a flower person, my plant looks like a horses's crack apparently.. hey at least it does not look like horse excrement.   I'll take that as a complement.  :D

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy iine Those Minis are ace! Might have to get myself a couple!

Luke

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2022 at 9:00 PM, Ferruz said:

Agreed, it's amazing how realistic it looks!! Well done, getting better with every new addition🤩

It really is superb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering why everyone is laugh reacting to my latest photo. It's making me paranoid :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Wondering why everyone is laugh reacting to my latest photo. It's making me paranoid :lol: 

Great action shot jump👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kol__  Wow nice job on the green/silver buggy!   Which car is that?  I might need to get one too.  :lol:  I love it.  

I should get off my butt and start building some RC, huh?  .. well, maybe after one more plasti-card project.  :D 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Kol__  Wow nice job on the green/silver buggy!   Which car is that?  I might need to get one too.  :lol:  I love it.  

I should get off my butt and start building some RC, huh?  .. well, maybe after one more plasti-card project.  :D 

 

It's a blazing star shell and it does indeed look fantastic. Great job @Kol__ !!

I never realised how much of a good looking shell it is, the box art does it no favours at all.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, yep it's a Blazing Star/Terra Conqueror repro shell from Penguin bodies. Used it on my beat up DF-01 chassis. It's been a labour of love, I'm putting together the build thread this evening:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks guys, yep it's a Blazing Star/Terra Conqueror repro shell from Penguin bodies. Used it on my beat up DF-01 chassis. It's been a labour of love, I'm putting together the build thread this evening:)

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  I have to admit, I have very limited knowledge of buggies especially those cars that were originally released in that timeframe as I was doing other hobbies.

I am glad to have the opportunity to check yours out.  Great job as always.  B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Willy iine, the build thread should have all the detail. First time I've worked on a DF-01, although I always remember the Manta Ray from when I was a kid listing after one.

And kudos on the latest Willy accessory. I'm not as active on the forum for a couple of days and I come back to see he has a blimmin' wide screen TV! Awesome. I reckon ratio wise it's bigger than the one we have here at home, man you let that Willy crew live a charmed life mate!:D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks @Willy iine, the build thread should all the detail. First time I've worked on a DF-01, although I always remember the Manta Ray from when I was a kid listing after one.

And kudos on the latest Willy accessory. I'm not as active on the forum for a couple of days and I come back to see he has a blimmin' wide screen TV! Awesome. I reckon ratio wise it's bigger than the one we have here at home, man you let that Willy crew live a charmed life mate!:D

I'll definitely check out the build thread!

Thanks for checking out my silly accessories.  :lol: Hahaha.  Yeah, I don't know why, but it relaxes me when I make these imaginary things for Willy and Billy..  maybe because real world just sucks so bad right now and I want to disassociate from it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks guys, yep it's a Blazing Star/Terra Conqueror repro shell from Penguin bodies. Used it on my beat up DF-01 chassis. It's been a labour of love, I'm putting together the build thread this evening:)

Nice!   I was trying to figure out the body as well 🤔

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

maybe because real world just sucks so bad right now and I want to disassociate from it.

Tell me about it mate, this hobby can be such a fantastic escape. However, if I'm honest I wonder if I'm hiding in it a bit too much at the mo if you know what I mean:wacko:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Tell me about it mate, this hobby can be such a fantastic escape. However, if I'm honest I wonder if I'm hiding in it a bit too much at the mo if you know what I mean:wacko:

I don't know.. I can be social when I have to be (good actor I am, not socially awkward at all), but naturally I'm a loaner so I feel perfectly at home hiding in my pretend RC shop.  :D 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

I don't know.. I can be social when I have to be (good actor I am, not socially awkward at all), but naturally I'm a loaner so I feel perfectly at home hiding in my pretend RC shop.  :D 

 

Ah, no I don't mean from a social perspective. I mean more from an angle of I could be doing more productive things with my time!:lol: Not to say that RC isn't productive, but it has a short reach in relation to the bigger things in life.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Ah, no I don't mean from a social perspective. I mean more from an angle of I could be doing more productive things with my time!:lol: Not to say that RC isn't productive, but it has a short reach in relation to the bigger things in life.

Oh I see.. wait, we live to RC so I think we're okay!  :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, this one was a bit pain staking and I did it across about 3 days in the end to help with some of the decision making. At the end I even took a few stickers off to give it a better balance, that's a first for me!

I'll finish off the build thread today, which covers a bit more detail on the development of the livery and colour scheme, but essentially it was this chance purchase off eBay that fuelled the design on this one.

kINkwx3.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, Nicadraus said:

Love this livery @Kol__

B8G2NzT.jpeg

Totally agree, it's stunning in this old Williams livery, and I love that Clay Regazzoni is driving it :) great idea, off the beaten path and very refreshing👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cheers @Ferruz mate, I need a rest now!:lol:

Gonna do some mechanical tinkering for a while and the next build I think I'll go box art, so I can recharge a bit.

Edit: just reread my above statement, I very much doubt I'll end up going box art tbh:ph34r:

Edited by Kol__
Total dogs danglies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kol__somehow I totally missed your latest build until now. Totally agree with pre ious comments, it’s absolutely stunning! You’re on a roll mate!

Your builds are getting me more and more hooked on the idea of these more modern buggies. I can feel the itch building! 😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...