YelloMello

Show me your Tower of Power

I've got some new and unbuilt sets lying around here. I call it my tower of power, because this hobby gives me so much power for my real life right now.

Sometimes it grows, sometimes it shrinks. It changes literally every day. But how about yours? I'm curious. Show me your Tower of Power.

DSC_1309_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol. I have a flawless “stick them anywhere they fit” system.

52189186762_a3ec8a08cc_b.jpg

52190682315_a03cf4054e_b.jpg

The breville box is full of tyres ;)

52189186742_67d76f1877_b.jpg

• Like 4

spacer.png

Tower of shame (if anyone outside of the Tamiya hobby were to ask how much)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, YelloMello said:

The Landcruiser seems to be very popular. Maybe I should get one  :-)

You should get several but one is a start ;)

I’ve got a few because I use the GF01 chassis as the base for a few custom jobs. My latest one is going to become a 4WD Wild Willy with some of the Simensays and nicherotors custom 3D stuff. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Umm, that would require me to get them all in one place, and, well, umm, I'm not sure that would be good...

100% agree....this is a task that could only possibly be attempted when Mrs J is away for a day or two :lol:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

100% agree....this is a task that could only possibly be attempted when Mrs J is away for a day or two :lol:

I am very interested in seeing your built Tamiya collection in the Juhunio Museum as well.  :D

• Like 1

Mine would have been a stack of exactly 3 kits, but I built the TT02 last night. So now it's just a Grasshopper and a Terra Scorcher.

Now, if you want to talk static model car kits, that's another story; I have about 80, ranging from 1/8 to 1/35 scale, along with a few airplanes and spaceships. I can't stack them all up. They'd fall over.

• Like 2

20220703_133449 20220703_133514 20220703_133527

The first and last shots are stacked double deep. I rotate the boxes in the last shot so I have something different to look at every few months Having them up on the top shelf like that reminds me of the old brick and mortar hobby shop days.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Saito2 I think at this point, your stash is borderline illegal?  :lol:  (not sure why it would be illegal, but anyway it looks like start-of-pandemic-toilet paper-hoarding.  :D )

Oh and nice job collecting!  :D 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

aito2 I think at this point, your stash is borderline illegal?  :lol:  (not sure why it would be illegal, but anyway it looks like start-of-pandemic-toilet paper-hoarding.  :D )

I cheated. Most of that stuff is built, lol. There is an unbuilt Egress, Monster Beetle, Super Fighting Champ Buggy and Wild One buried in there. The FB and WO will be rainy day builds and the MB will be kept as an old age build. I figured the MB kit hooked me on Tamiya in '86, so I might as well make it my last build before I check out. The Egress will remain the only NIB in my collection.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I cheated. Most of that stuff is built, lol. There is an unbuilt Egress, Monster Beetle, Super Fighting Champ Buggy and Wild One buried in there. The FB and WO will be rainy day builds and the MB will be kept as an old age build. I figured the MB kit hooked me on Tamiya in '86, so I might as well make it my last build before I check out. The Egress will remain the only NIB in my collection.

I won’t tell if you won’t.  :lol:

Impressive collection! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen a lot of wonderful cars so far.  Fantastic!

Ferrari 312 T3, Daytona (which is sort of my holy grail), Egress, BigWig and a lot of fascinating Kyosho's (don't have one myself but would love to) and so many more.

Oh man, these pictures are awesome.

• Like 1

Love this thread. It’s uniquely comforting to have a stockpile of unbuilt kits. Quite possibly some post-Covid psychology going on there 😀

Here’s mine. Top left is an M-07R:

4D4A7A52-0AD7-4106-9DEF-22E89BE0CCAB.jpeg

• Like 4

spacer.png

The ones on the left are built, but everyting from the middle across to the right is NIB. I might even get around to finishing the room one day.

J

• Like 5

I find it the opposite. I've just finished my last kit, working through a backlog and found having a big too do list quite stressful. Really looking forward to running cars for a good long while and just the odd tweak or hop up for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, Room335 said:

Love this thread. It’s uniquely comforting to have a stockpile of unbuilt kits. Quite possibly some post-Covid psychology going on there 😀

Here’s mine. Top left is an M-07R:

4D4A7A52-0AD7-4106-9DEF-22E89BE0CCAB.jpeg

• Like 1

For me, my still modest beginnings have amounted to 3x NIB stored on top of my wardrobe.

lnuPEQl.jpeg

And 3x NIB on top of my wife's wardrobe. Here there is a Top Force Evo 2021, an Avante 2011 and an Egress 2013, clearly left in their postage boxes to conceal the wealth/spend from Mrs.K!:ph34r:

FN32a7O.jpeg

Edited by Kol__
Correction of model year of Top Force to 2021
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

And 3x NIB on top of my wife's wardrobe. Here there is a Top Force Evo 2017, an Avante 2011 and an Egress 2013,

AKA the holy trinity 😇 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

AKA the holy trinity 😇 

Yep, a holy **** ton of money too!🤦:blink::lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Room335 said:

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

I find it the opposite. I've just finished my last kit, working through a backlog and found having a big too do list quite stressful. Really looking forward to running cars for a good long while

I tend to flip between the two, sometimes I'm just happy to have a nice little stock pile of future builds, especially some of the best Tamiya ever created. Other times I wonder when I'll actually get to build them, as I have too many other restoration and custom projects lined up for the moment!:rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

And 3x NIB on top of my wife's wardrobe. Here there is a Top Force Evo 2017, an Avante 2011 and an Egress 2013, clearly left in their postage boxes to conceal the wealth/spend from Mrs.K!:ph34r:

It's always better to keep your own wife a little in the dark about the cost of the hobby 👍😎😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, junkmunki said:

spacer.png

Holy lord, this is what I see when I fall asleep.

Congrats to this fantastic and impressive collection.

• Like 1