toyolien

XV-02 Build - Body to be decided...

8 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I thought I would crack open one of the 22055 parts and take a look at the instructions

Sure enough, it shows a combination of 22055 as FF and RF with 54884 as FR and RR, using different bushings to create the necessary angles. Standard is 0o front, 1.5o rear

spacer.png

spacer.png

Excellent thank you. I was hoping that would be the case.👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Excellent thank you. I was hoping that would be the case.👍

No worries 😀

Just browsing the manual that @Juls1 shared, and noticed that the front body mounts are over the bumper rather than the damper stay. This is different to the the XV-01 and means taking care with body set choices and buying un-drilled ones (drilled bodies generally / always seem to be drilled for the damper stay position)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

No worries 😀

Just browsing the manual that @Juls1 shared, and noticed that the front body mounts are over the bumper rather than the damper stay. This is different to the the XV-01 and means taking care with body set choices and buying un-drilled ones (drilled bodies generally / always seem to be drilled for the damper stay position)

Yep. I actually prefer the xv02 front mount position. Would make the body wobble less I think. I've got a Lancia Delta and a Yaris WRC, both undrilled. Can't decide which to use yet.

• Like 1

I just finished this Yaris WRC body recently. Needs paint on the grill over the front tyres and its good to go. Went for PS-32 Corsa Grey to be a little different and added LED spotters and in the front headlights for night time action.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 8.45.27 PM.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/9/2022 at 6:59 AM, toyolien said:

Yep. I actually prefer the xv02 front mount position. Would make the body wobble less I think. I've got a Lancia Delta and a Yaris WRC, both undrilled. Can't decide which to use yet.

Any tips on how to line up the body over the mounts to get the hole locations? I have a new body sitting over a completed chassis but getting the hole locations just perfect has been quite tricky. So far I am still fiddling with bits of tape and other hacks to try to get the alignment perfect. The body posts are quite tall so at this stage the body is floating several inches above the chassis which makes the task of aligning things even harder (at least for me). 

1 hour ago, smirk-racing said:

Any tips on how to line up the body over the mounts to get the hole locations? I have a new body sitting over a completed chassis but getting the hole locations just perfect has been quite tricky. So far I am still fiddling with bits of tape and other hacks to try to get the alignment perfect. The body posts are quite tall so at this stage the body is floating several inches above the chassis which makes the task of aligning things even harder (at least for me). 

That's the part I'm not looking forward to. I was hoping that the rears would line up like on a TT02 and then I could just mark the fronts and both wheels would line up. I'm not quite there yet though. Still waiting on a couple of bits to finish up the chassis.

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

That's the part I'm not looking forward to. I was hoping that the rears would line up like on a TT02 and then I could just mark the fronts and both wheels would line up. I'm not quite there yet though. Still waiting on a couple of bits to finish up the chassis.

Yes the rears should line up. The Yaris body has indents for the rear post and they exactly fit the XV02 at that spot for mine.

Best to drill holes when it's clear so easier to line up. Usually look from the side and then on top to ensure its centred, and they pray i'm close enough.

7 hours ago, Smirrors said:

and they pray i'm close enough.

That sounds like my sort of method👍