Ayuyu

TT02 motor limit?

Just curious, how fast of a motor can I install in to a TT02 without destroying the gears and chassis?

Can I install something like this? :blink:

yoko.jpg

• Like 2

Once you have it ballraced, the chassis is fine with big power. The diff ring gears will eventually give up if you do a lot of rapid acceleration and hard braking, and can be killed off quite quickly if you are running a TT-02B buggy, but it will take a while on a touring car.

Assuming that you have a battery and ESC that can handle it, your 3.5 turn motor shouldn't cause your chassis or drivetrain any difficulties. Whether or not you will be able to keep the car under control at the potential speeds that it might reach is another question entirely, as is how many pieces it'll break into should it hit anything at those speeds. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Once you have it ballraced, the chassis is fine with big power. The diff ring gears will eventually give up if you do a lot of rapid acceleration and hard braking, and can be killed off quite quickly if you are running a TT-02B buggy, but it will take a while on a touring car.

Assuming that you have a battery and ESC that can handle it, your 3.5 turn motor shouldn't cause your chassis or drivetrain any difficulties. Whether or not you will be able to keep the car under control at the potential speeds that it might reach is another question entirely, as is how many pieces it'll break into should it hit anything at those speeds. 😁

The part in red is really the only thing to worry about :lol:

TT02's can handle big power, just not box-stock ones. 

My 4000kv can be a handful. 3.5T; that's just nuts :lol:

-RC Perspective

11 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

how many pieces it'll break into should it hit anything at those speeds

This is why I had not put my 4.5T in anything yet... 

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try it! :D

If I crash it and it break into million pieces, I will definitely post the pictures! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will be using this ESC.

Initially I want to use the motor on my TRF 420x, but if a TT02 works, it's better to lose a $100 chassis (if it crash) than a $1000 chassis. :D

2.5.jpg

5 hours ago, Ayuyu said:

Just remember, the chassis was never designed for that kind of power, so you'll need to play about with esc , suspension and transmitter settings to suit. There'll be no just, whacking full throttle, even from half throttle, so need to learn to ,roll on the throttle as its essentially a superbike engine in a moped 🙄😁👍

5 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Just remember, the chassis was never designed for that kind of power, so you'll need to play about with esc , suspension and transmitter settings to suit. There'll be no just, whacking full throttle, even from half throttle, so need to learn to ,roll on the throttle as its essentially a superbike engine in a moped 🙄😁👍

I'd also suggest NOT using cheap ebay wheels on it as well. 

My TT02R fragged a set of these when I smashed full throttle, already doing 60mph with the 4000kv brushless.

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ayuyu said:

If I crash it and it break into million pieces, I will definitely post the pictures! :D

Good luck with this project!! I love overpowered stuff 😃👍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Good luck with this project!! I love overpowered stuff 😃👍

Me too! I used to have a Radio Shack ProPulse B100 1:18th scale buggy with a 9000kv Castle Sidewinder.

I never did top it out. Couldn't keep the thing straight! But when it went, holy cow did it go!

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

I think the short answer is the sky’s the limit but you might end up there if you use all the power!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I think the short answer is the sky’s the limit but you might end up there if you use all the power!!!

Now... The question is... If I fit some RC plane wings to the car, can it lift off? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Now... The question is... If I fit some RC plane wings to the car, can it lift off? 

It's possible.

I once built a frame and mounted an outboard plane motor and prop on the back of a buggy and removed the brushed motor.

It actually worked! And was quite fast on the street. Until you tried to apply thrust while turning :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RC Perspective said:

I once built a frame and mounted an outboard plane motor and prop on the back of a buggy and removed the brushed motor.

It actually worked! And was quite fast on the street. Until you tried to apply thrust while turning :lol:

Less wear on the tyres too I bet! But when you need the brakes...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

Less wear on the tyres too I bet! But when you need the brakes...

Yea that was the big downside :lol:

It sounded absolutely epic blasting past tho!

-RC Perspective