GeeWings

Egress Black edition incoming

There seem to be a few rumours circling about a limited run black edition Egress being released this year. Nothing confirmed yet but could be interesting if only because it gives people (a few at least) a chance to get hold of an Egress.

Excited? Indifferent? Frustrated with retreads? 

• Like 3

Yes, the mini 4WD reference seems to be based on nothing more than hope and guesswork. Both are fine by me ;) 

I know someone (maybe a member here) has done an Egress based on the mini 4WD and it looks pretty cool. I know many will disagree but nicer than the original box art IMO.

• Like 1

My guess is a td4 with a "new" body and called Super Egress.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I think revisiting some of the re-re kits with a "Black Edition" is pretty well established as Tamiya "thing" by now, and I would assume the BE Egress (Beegress?) will follow suite with almost identical parts, and different stickers/wheels/etc.

I'm 92% sure a lot of people will comlpain... and then buy them all up on pre-order the moment it's announced.  I personally think that it'll be a cool way for more people to have a chance to won/run a cool classic car.

I kinda hope they go with the pink wheels off the Avante BE...

• Like 1

Nice! Sounds good to me, the more the merrier!

Pink wheels again would be cool, wonder how ridiculous the pricing will be? Deep pockets anyone?:blink:

30 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

...wonder how ridiculous the pricing will be? Deep pockets anyone?:blink:

Ya, that part could be scary for sure!

Egress in Canada was $580-$650cad when it came out... I'm too scared to think what that might look like now!

Then again, Avante rere was $700-$900cad, and yet the new Black Edition rere is listed at $599-$660cad.... Hmmmm......

1 hour ago, thetamiyakid said:

Bjorklo’s ‘original’ Egress Black Special

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=122983&id=8721

which inspired me to build my own with his (and others) help

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=132836&id=5010

super pleased there could be an official Tamiya version

Those green adjusters look just like the Tamiya blue ones? Are they a genuine Tamiya part?

2 hours ago, thetamiyakid said:

Bjorklo’s ‘original’ Egress Black Special

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=122983&id=8721

which inspired me to build my own with his (and others) help

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=132836&id=5010

super pleased there could be an official Tamiya version

They are both awesome. A great idea beautifully executed!

I’m a big Egress fan. It’s the first car I’ve purchased myself and the first I built myself. Back in the day I got my brothers cast offs (which I’m still grateful of).

But, as lots of people know, I’m not a fan of the box art version which is why I took my sons guidance and took some ‘inspiration’ from the Cat.

Egress

But your Black Edition is as good as I’ve seen an Egress look.

• Like 3

Egress could be pink and green and it will be beautiful anyway.

Max

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 94eg! said:

Those green adjusters look just like the Tamiya blue ones? Are they a genuine Tamiya part?

Yes, 49545 Fluorescent Green Adjuster Set, released 1993.

Was hoping a re-re of the Avante 2001 would come along to complete the series especially following the release of the VQS. Will still probably get this though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 94eg! said:

Yep, official Tamiya parts, I have another new set of green as well as the pink versions 

6C4F8E4E-FE3A-4885-86B0-046E33F5DC21.jpeg

• Like 1

"This kit also features dark titanium colour anodized front/rear damper cylinders and front uprights, plus new colour stickers and silver colour wheels."

Hmmmm.........

1 hour ago, bRIBEGuy said:

"This kit also features dark titanium colour anodized front/rear damper cylinders and front uprights, plus new colour stickers and silver colour wheels."

Hmmmm.........

Yeah, is this a special edition version of the Hi-Caps? Or a new set of dampers altogether?

Also, since it's not coming with the green wheels, you'd have to think that this isn't going to be just a 1/10 version of the Junior Black Special.

Sounds very interesting indeed! Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh or at least a few pictures from tamiya! And hopefully everyone who wants one (or can afford one because it ain't gonna be cheap) gets one?<_<

I dunno. I have the silver plated star-dish wheels on the Vanquish Evo right now and it looks great with that body. But I think it has more to do with matching the silver canopy and hi-caps. Star dish are taller and wider than Egress wheels with a much lower profile wide tire. I don't think that color will look too good on a Vanquish wheel. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Definitely a missed opportunity not to copy the mini 4wd. They could have done the 2001 black Special as well.

spacer.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 94eg! said:

They could have done the 2001 black Special as well.

That'd be cool!

I'd love to see Tamiya do some new rere's with a twist instead of just going straight to the original.  Avante 2001 Black Edition.... Super Sabre Black Edition....

Yes. Or even some simple dress-up sets with body, decals and wheels.  They should have done the REAL Super Avante with fluorescent orange Vanquish wheels.

spacer.png

• Like 3