GeeWings

Egress Black edition incoming

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Probably because I was so massively disappointed by the outcome

I too had made the same mistake and just dumped the resulting sludge. 🤣

29 minutes ago, tamiya_star said:

Update:-

47489 Tamiya Egress Black Special (Includes ESC)

Price: £599.99

Due November/December

USA: MSRP: $578.00 => £488.66

Switzerland: CHF546.00 => £468.66

3 hours ago, tamiya_star said:

Due November/December

Looks like I'd better start saving...  :o

4 hours ago, tamiya_star said:

Due November/December

Ouch. I was a little luke warm about this, despite loving the standard Egress and at £600 I’m afraid it’s not for me.

Ouch at £600. I was thinking I would put one on my list, I will see how the saving goes depending on what other cars I buy 1st.

I wonder what they will sell for on eBay when they are sold out

I see the Tamiya dairy farm is still happily operating 🙄🤦‍♂️

James.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, InsaneJim69 said:

James.

Give us your Moooooooo ney 

Sorry! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, InsaneJim69 said:

:lol:

Moo Moo Buckaroo!

• Haha 2

I dread to think how much this is going to cost in Australia. I will be refreshing RCMart pages constantly ;)

• Sad 1

So either I get the Avante Black Special re re that is supposed to be available end of this month... or wait for Christmas for the Egress Black...  I always recognised the Egress as the better overall car between the two, but Avante was always my dream car from back in 89 when it first came out.

I wonder if they will do a box with proper box art or just box it up Avante Black style... The one big thing I didn't like about the Black was the lack of box art :(  

Also hope they do a special sticker motor for the Egress Black.  That might persuade me to wait to Christmas :D 

4 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I dread to think how much this is going to cost in Australia. I will be refreshing RCMart pages constantly ;)

Hobbies Direct has the Avante Black pre-order listed for $697... so guessing Egress Black will have a similar price.

Then again, Ace RC has the Avante Black pre-order listed for $872... ???

Add up to $80-120 for shipping if from RC Mart, RCJaz etc.

39 minutes ago, Knighte said:

Hobbies Direct has the Avante Black pre-order listed for $697... so guessing Egress Black will have a similar price.

Then again, Ace RC has the Avante Black pre-order listed for $872... ???

Add up to $80-120 for shipping if from RC Mart, RCJaz etc.

Hobbie Direct pricing generally seems good. No idea what pre-ordering process and experience is like with them though.

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Hobbie Direct pricing generally seems good. No idea what pre-ordering process and experience is like with them though.

I had a long chat with them on the phone last week, to get a better idea about when to expect the Avante Black and how much stock they were likely to receive.  They are basically at the mercy of the Australian Tamiya distributor.  Hobbytech said the same thing, and weren't even sure if they would receive any Avantes.  In essence they don't know what they get until they get invoiced for the delivery.  Therefore you could pre-order and not get anything.

I did also hear an observation from one of the stores that Tamiya seems to be doing a limited initial release of a re re, drumming up demand and testing the waters, and selling out quickly, and then a year later, making the re re a more permanent part of their range again.  I doubt Avante or Egress will fall into this category though, but a bunch of our beloved classics have certainly now become staples again.

• Like 1

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/tamiya-egress-black-edition-1345820

This is a colour variation of the 1/10 R/C Egress (2013) (Item 58583) - new colour stickers, dampers and uprights to match up with a black-based body (requires painting). The black colour scheme enhances the classy image of the Egress, and the black-themed packaging like the 1/10 R/C Avante (2011) Black Special (Item 47390) catches your eyes.

🤔 Black Edition accent parts would certainly make my Bordeaux Egress even more mysterious 

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I was totally sold on the idea of neon green wheels, then i was out due to silver wheels, back in with the seduction of"Dark" HiCaps so just placed a pre-order.  Then,.... i saw a 540 type motor is required? This must be a typo!  Special edition motor has to be included at this price. Come on Tamiya!  The Decals better be amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i hope silver does not mean Chrome.  Put a special edition DynaTech in the box then and then you can do what you like to the Egress Black Special.

5 hours ago, Skrich said:

Special edition motor has to be included at this price.

IIRC, the last special edition motor was released in 2018? A CR Tuned with a different sticker? 

There’s a slightly annoying teaser video out:

Pretty underwhelming but then I guess it was going to be. I definitely prefer some of the custom black egress versions people have done themselves.

Still, if it makes this great buggy slightly more readily available to a few people I’m all for it!

• Like 3

I'm not crazy about the green tint window decals. I fought with the standard ones enough that I gave up and just masked the windows on my shelf queen (makes me feel better Tamiya themselves wrinkled them on the one in their catalog BITD). The music on that video makes me laugh. Its so self-important, like listening to Batman V Superman, lol. I agree with @GeeWings. The versions created by members here are nicer.

Mmmm very nice indeed! As the original one is! But not sure if it's nice enough to spend another £500+ on buying one?:unsure: I'm guessing the box is going to be the same as the avante black edition but obviously egress and why not have a different colour on the rims like the avante? Anybody knows if it comes with a special edition motor? 

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

The music on that video makes me laugh. Its so self-important, like listening to Batman V Superman, lol

Oh man that is pretty shocking isn't it:lol:

Now it is certainly great to see the Egress being in production again, in any form, but what are we talking about here? -

*The body and wing are painted black

*The stickers are a different colour, being blue, black and silver with a blue/green window tint

*The shock bodies are gold (perhaps, it's hard to tell in the 'mysterious' lighting they're using)

Is it just me or is that it? And what colour are the wheels? Either still black or a very dark anthracite grey from what you can see in the video?

(...awaits RC Kicks' 3-4mins YouTube vid to try and be the one that updates the world about this new Tamiya Egress Black vid to try and grab a load of views:rolleyes:;))

Here you go...

GrE6pCL.jpeg

Edited by Kol__
Screen grab... discuss, lol