GeeWings

Egress Black edition incoming

Are we expecting an old skool Tamiya box art box or something more along the lines of the Avante black special box?  Personally I’m hoping it’s the former…….

(apologies if this has already been covered earlier in thread)

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Are we expecting an old skool Tamiya box art box or something more along the lines of the Avante black special box?  Personally I’m hoping it’s the former…….

(apologies if this has already been covered earlier in thread)

I'm thinking the box is going to be on the lines of the avante black special because of its high end price (which is a classy looking box IMO) if you got the standard box which is an absolute lovely boxart with a sticker on it that in my opinion would be a very lazy thing to do from tamiya:mellow:

• Like 1

I would prefer box art (because, box art 😍) but expect something along the lines of the Avante BS as part of that 'family'

Agreed that box art plus sticker (like the Monster Beetle) would be lazy, but think that actual Egress Black Special box art would be 🔥

17 minutes ago, moffman said:

... that in my opinion would be a very lazy thing to do from tamiya:mellow:

...and we all know Tamiya isn't lazy when it comes to re-releases. 😁

For black editions (rather than “black specials”….) they did box art, no? (Monster beetle, lunch box…. Erm. What else was there?)

1 minute ago, Golden said:

For black editions (rather than “black specials”….) they did box art, no? (Monster beetle, lunch box…. Erm. What else was there?)

Monster Beetle was standard box-art box with a 'Black Edition' sticker

31 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Monster Beetle was standard box-art box with a 'Black Edition' sticker

Oh I didn’t realise that. So…. Just the Lunch Box then?

2 hours ago, Golden said:

g0AI396.jpeg

3 hours ago, Golden said:

Lunch Box, Midnight Pumpkin (as per above), and Super Clodbuster all had specific box art.  Well, I guess the Clod was more along the lines of the Black Editions for the Avante & Porche 934...  
I think the Grasshopper was a sticker like the Monster Beetle?

Ah of course the 934…

Green version of the Grasshopper is a sticker too I think? And the RX Buggy Memorial. Not quite a black version though…?

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

g0AI396.jpeg

Interesting, so what was special about this one? The box art there looks like the standard Pumpkin in black with yellow wheels, or are they gold wheels maybe?

6 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Interesting, so what was special about this one? The box art there looks like the standard Pumpkin in black with yellow wheels, or are they gold wheels maybe?

Nope... it was lame (lazy?).  Body was molding in black.  That's it.  It always amazed me they didn't add black wheels, or mix up the sticker color a bit (a la BE Lunch Box).  I almost feel like this kit wass the result of a manufacturing error where some guy loaded the wrong color PS pellets into the injection mold hopper and they just found an easy way to cover up the mistake.... :lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

The standard one doesn't say "Black Edition"! 😂

2KnQphh.png

(this is what makes Tamiya so annoying, change the wrapper a little and call it "special") 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Black Edition Midnight Pumpkin is a bit of a head scratcher for me. What's next? A Black Edition Blackfoot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I’m still torn. I’ve got a couple of pre-orders placed but the only reason I want one is for spares or maybe to do a black edition edit like a couple of people here on TC, based on the mini Egress. But I think I would rather get an Avante, TFE or Astute (or probably all of them ;) )

10 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I’m still torn. I’ve got a couple of pre-orders placed but the only reason I want one is for spares or maybe to do a black edition edit like a couple of people here on TC, based on the mini Egress. But I think I would rather get an Avante, TFE or Astute (or probably all of them ;) )

Mmm🤔... if it were me I'd definitely be looking to add a new car such as the Avante or Top Force Evo, rather than another version of a car I already have in the collection. I reckon once the Egress Black is out they'll be people breaking them on eBay bud, so you could pick up a few parts trees or whatever parts are vulnerable on the Egress that you run. People have been breaking Avante Blacks on eBay UK this past week and I picked up a set of the pink wheels this week for £25, which is waaaaay better than the £75-100 people were asking before the rere came out again a few weeks ago. Let me know in Nov if you want me to keep an eye out for any Egress parts👍

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Mmm🤔... if it were me I'd definitely be looking to add a new car such as the Avante or Top Force Evo, rather than another version of a car I already have in the collection. I reckon once the Egress Black is out they'll be people breaking them on eBay bud, so you could pick up a few parts trees or whatever parts are vulnerable on the Egress that you run. People have been breaking Avante Blacks on eBay UK this past week and I picked up a set of the pink wheels this week for £25, which is waaaaay better than the £75-100 people were asking before the rere came out again a few weeks ago. Let me know in Nov if you want me to keep an eye out for any Egress parts👍

Yep, that’s a good call. Good thinking mate!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Yep, that’s a good call. Good thinking mate!

We all need some help spending (🤔flittering away😉) our hard earned cash! Plus I know you really want an Avante and a Top Force EVO mate... it's only a matter of time now...😂

Just had an notification from Tamico, the Egress Black Special started shipping on the 22/11.  That's earlier than i expected, it was due in Dec.  Tracking of my order shows its in the country and stuck with customs.