Jump to content
GeeWings

Egress Black edition incoming

Recommended Posts

Ah man @#*¬£ the silver wheels, no no no, sounds awfulūüėĘ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

 

And this is what I mean when I say I'm not sure about silver Vanquish wheels. IMO they look bad in chrome. Maybe satin plating would be better, but I won't know till I see them. Silver plastic would probably look even worse than chrome (silver plastic star-dish from the Aero Avante just look grey)

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed they throw fluro-green wheels in the box too. Avante BS came with 2 sets of wheels. Just putting it out there...

spacer.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with everyone else that this is looking like a missed opportunity for some Mini 4wd fun. I also noted the official description hailed a box that resembled the Avante BS 1/10 box as an influence. That seems a shame too, as the Mini 4wd box arts in this thread have me salivating about the power of real paintings on these huge boxes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, kontemax said:

Egress could be pink and green and it will be beautiful anyway.

Max

This was the first time I didn’t go box art, I regret it now but it’s still beautiful.

image.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

This was the first time I didn’t go box art, I regret it now but it’s still beautiful.

 

 

I did see the Egress the first time on a model magazine and it was of this color.

Max

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, since the Egress was pretty souped up by Tamiya standards in the first place, the only route they could go (that I can think of) would be titanium screws, aluminium front and rear hubs and ...? Anything else? 
And what they have done is change the colour of the dampers, stickers and the wheels, so what this is is kinda like a green metallic Grasshopper, but three times the price. 

Am I missing something here? 

Also, @Snappy1 Egresses do look great in green!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

So, since the Egress was pretty souped up by Tamiya standards in the first place, the only route they could go (that I can think of) would be titanium screws, aluminium front and rear hubs and ...? Anything else? 
And what they have done is change the colour of the dampers, stickers and the wheels, so what this is is kinda like a green metallic Grasshopper, but three times the price. 

Am I missing something here? 

Also, @Snappy1 Egresses do look great in green!

Dunno, the older Black Specials editions havent been massively hopped either compered to the originals, the Avante BS was only marginally upgraded with the race steering set and a one way bearing, the rest was just typically cosmetic changes (ie the pink wheels, different decals etc) Nothing as luxurious as titanium screws and newly machined alloy parts.

They havent got a great track record of special editions being anything other than a change of colour and any full option editions with bonus alloy parts unless its typically an MS or TRF version (Avante MS, now that would be cool!!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much guarantee it's just limited edition colored parts and packaging. No way they included titanium screws since Tamiya only makes hex ones today.  If they include green wheels I'm probably gonna finally cave in and buy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, since they didn't include titanium screws in the Top Force Evo they won't in this either. If they box art is cool I might get one just because, but for now I'm on the fence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah. I forgot the Avante BS had no box art. That would be lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

So, since the Egress was pretty souped up by Tamiya standards in the first place, the only route they could go (that I can think of) would be titanium screws, aluminium front and rear hubs and ...? Anything else? 
And what they have done is change the colour of the dampers, stickers and the wheels, so what this is is kinda like a green metallic Grasshopper, but three times the price. 

Am I missing something here? 

Also, @Snappy1 Egresses do look great in green!

I would have thought this is just going to be cosmetic changes target any actual upgrades. I guess the appeal for me is just the fact that there will be some Egresses available again. Albeit in small quantities. And probably overpriced ūü•Ļ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

So, since the Egress was pretty souped up by Tamiya standards in the first place, the only route they could go (that I can think of) would be titanium screws, aluminium front and rear hubs and ...? Anything else? 
And what they have done is change the colour of the dampers, stickers and the wheels, so what this is is kinda like a green metallic Grasshopper, but three times the price. 

Am I missing something here? 

Also, @Snappy1 Egresses do look great in green!

They do look good in green lol, the photo doesn’t do it justice, flouro green backed in white.I should have put my black special pink wheels on for Max. Then it would have been pink and green.

My take on a black special would be....

Black anodised hi caps

centre ball diff

A slightly shortened front bumper bar

slightly massaged chassis to fit a lipo in properly 

Avante 2001 body shell with new black special decals, ok probably too much, that’s the plan for my Egress.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2022 at 3:23 AM, 94eg! said:

Fingers crossed they throw fluro-green wheels in the box too. Avante BS came with 2 sets of wheels. Just putting it out there...

spacer.png

I'd want to think so I'm definitely with you on that one! But I'm thinking the days of bonus parts in tamiya kit are over?............unless they've been looking at kyosho??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, kontemax said:

I did see the Egress the first time on a model magazine and it was of this color.

20220710_105909

Here's a green one from an old model magazine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not this one, another one, maybe Italian magazine, I don't remember well, probably about Australia World Championship, a green Egress and an Astute, both modified for race purposes.

Max

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2022 at 4:15 PM, Saito2 said:

20220710_105909

Here's a green one from an old model magazine.

Hmmmmm remember the small debate about the publicity photo of the super shot that looks gold or was it silver under a light distortion (personally I always thought it was silver under light distortion!).........is this green or gold?:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moffman said:

is this green or gold?

I'm going to guess green. This was in a Tamiya Model magazine I found randomly BITD. This car has popped up in other publications IIRC and it looked lime green-ish there too but its still just a guess.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I'm going to guess green. This was in a Tamiya Model magazine I found randomly BITD. This car has popped up in other publications IIRC and it looked lime green-ish there too but its still just a guess.

Not relevant in this case, but I remember mixing Humbrol enamel colours when I was kid. I tried to mix silver with regular green to create metallic green and the resulting colour was much closer to gold than green. Possibly a related phenomenon?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2022 at 1:15 AM, Saito2 said:

20220710_105909

Here's a green one from an old model magazine.

Look at the angle of the wing! Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wing angle is normal. They've just got the wing end-plates swapped left-to-right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 94eg! said:

The wing angle is normal. They've just got the wing end-plates swapped left-to-right.

Oh yes, thanks. Didn't spot that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Not relevant in this case, but I remember mixing Humbrol enamel colours when I was kid. I tried to mix silver with regular green to create metallic green and the resulting colour was much closer to gold than green. Possibly a related phenomenon?

That is because normal silver paint are in fact metallic grey. For example, Tamiya's XF-56 Metallic Grey is more "silver" (shiny) than its X-11 Chrome Silver. Anyway, adding silver paint to normal paint will cause a color shift.

To make metallic paint, modellers use metallic flakes which will not cause a color shift.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

That is because normal silver paint are in fact metallic grey. For example, Tamiya's XF-56 Metallic Grey is more "silver" (shiny) than its X-11 Chrome Silver. Anyway, adding silver paint to normal paint will cause a color shift.

To make metallic paint, modellers use metallic flakes which will not cause a color shift.

I know by now, but the mixing of green and silver in the failed attempt to create metallic green was something I did when I got my first set of Humbrol colours at the age of 6-7. I intended to paint a Revell 1/32 Opel GT with it, which was also my first plastic model kit, not counting model railway houses from Faller. It's half a century ago (!), but I have more vivid memory of this than I have about what I had for dinner yesterday. Probably because I was so massively disappointed by the outcome...:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...