Sign in to follow this  
lukej

LRP S10

Has anyone on here had any experience with the LRP S10 TC3 for club racing? I've got plenty of Tamiya kits that I enjoy, but there's something about an LRP model that takes me back to the early 2000s then I ran their ESCs in my models.

https://www.tonisport.de/en/car-kits/touring-car/54627/antix-by-lrp-s10-blast-clubracer-non-rtr-1-10-4wd-touring-car?c=4469

Interested to hear any opinions on it, looks like a fairly high spec for a low cost car.

Cheers!

Luke

If you are looking for a car that can be driven around a track, I'm sure it's fine.

If you actually plan to race it, I would avoid. For the same reasons I would avoid any off-brand cars for racing:

• Spares availability - probably not very good now and will only get worse
  • Tuning parts availability - probably very few or none available, and very limited aftermarket
  • Quality - the LRP cars are made by ZD Racing, a Chinese brand. I have one of their off-road cars, quality is a mixed bag.
  • Design - it's basically a few parts that ZD have been using for 10-15 years combined into something touring car sized. It's not designed for racing.
  • Resale - it's cheap to buy but you will not get any money for it if you want to get rid of it.
  • Setup advice - nobody is running it, so you won't get any advice on how to get the most from it

Plus loads of other random risks.

A second-hand race bred car is a much better option. Something like an XRAY T4. Much better handling and more robust.

Thanks Sosidge!

I think I'm set for normal race cars with my WTCC KRv4 in build and a 420X on order, but was thinking of this one more for fun club events in an open class. Seems from what you're saying that I might just be best playing with TT-02s at a low level and then building up to the 420X in time.

Luke

19 minutes ago, lukej said:

Thanks Sosidge!

I think I'm set for normal race cars with my WTCC KRv4 in build and a 420X on order, but was thinking of this one more for fun club events in an open class. Seems from what you're saying that I might just be best playing with TT-02s at a low level and then building up to the 420X in time.

Luke

Just race the 420X. That's what it's meant for.

Not eligible for all classes unfortunately.

Luke

I'd like to share my experience with an LRP kit. I had the LRP S10 blast TC which I converted to a rally car. IT's very sturdy and way, way much better than a TT-02s out of the box as it comes with a bunch of hop-ups as standard. I'm really surprised with its quality and performance. The only reason I sold it to my friend was because I purchased the XV-01 already and have another FF-03 rally car. My friend was so happy with his purchased because I did some chassis modifications and supped up the kit even more with light-wieght parts.

The car runs well on and off road. 

h8orTL3h.jpg

Check it here:

• Like 1