Gdourado

My first nitro RC. And it’s not a Tamiya

Hello,

Hope you are all doing well.

So as you might have seen in a previous topic of mine, I wanted to get into RC nitro as a hobby to do with my son. And since I am on my fourties’  and always wanted a nitro RC as a kid, now I want nitro and not electric.

I have since pulled the trigger on an old Tamiya TGS nitro that looked really clean and in good condition. I am yet to receive it as it is still in transit.

But today, I came across a local advertisement for a Kyosho Inferno Neo ST 3.0 Nitro.

The car as complete, looked in good condition, came with a few spares and looked like a car with good specs. And I remember the Name Inferno as it was the TT buggy to have when I was a kid.

It looks like a car with good materials, build quality and specs from the little I managed to google.

But when I went to see the car and negotiated on 50 euros for the whole thing, I got it right there on the spot. Big impulse buy as I know little to nothing about it, but for 50, I just couldn’t pass it up.

Now i am kind of needing your help and some guidance on what to do next.

I have attached some pictures I took of the car when I got home with it so you can tell me what you think about it.

first thing I am going to try and download the manual and read it. 
Then I’ll see what to do next, but maybe get some nitro fuel and try to start it.

Thank you for your help.

And here it actually starts my RC Nitro adventure!

6AD6D826-140C-41DB-84FD-AACEC0142E3E.jpeg

62E0922F-2096-4268-9E30-9FE18EDA7777.jpeg

2A1EAA68-A443-4308-BE82-8C2FF7BA905B.jpeg

1BB44063-6240-432E-A9EB-26BFFDF6F896.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like a complete car. For 50 Euros it's a bargain if the engine runs. I'm sure there are loads of Youtube videos that will guide you through starting a nitro car, and the manual should also help.

Hello,

Today I tested the electronics of the car and everything works as it should.

I haven’t tried to start the engine yet.

First I would like to give the car a proper clean as it is quite dirty in some areas.

I have attached a picture.

What is the best way to do a proper clean? What products and techniques should I use?

Thank you!

96450F6A-B602-4DB3-A0F8-F250EF489170.jpeg