Anybody ever 4-link a Bruiser? I've been playing around with the idea after seeing a youtube video on it. I've grown somewhat tired of my Bruiser (actually Mountain Rider) and it limitations on the trail. I figured I might look into 4 linking it before considering selling it and possibly going CC02 (although offerings from other manufactures are tempting at the CC02's price point).

Anything is possible with time and $$$.....

The appeal of the Bruiser to me is that it's a realistic and timeless classic... and that the same scale-ness makes it just as incapable as the real un-modded 1:1.  ;)

If it were me, I'd keep the bruiser as-is, and get something else for more aggressive trail running.  CC02 is nice, but for the price, you're likely to get a better running "scale" truck from Axial. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:53 AM, Saito2 said:

Anybody ever 4-link a Bruiser?

pretty sure we saw lots of those modded bruisers 20yrs ago when RC crawling craze first started & ppl were hacking up originals not reres, ditching the leafs & tacking on TLT axles before 3rd parties like RC4WD got into making Yota aftermarket axles

But yeah, can’t find much on the web anymore. Even took a look over at SBG, nothing much popped up on their search. :( 

54 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

But yeah, can’t find much on the web anymore. Even took a look over at SBG, nothing much popped up on their search. :(

Yeah, I kinda thought with the re-re and the China-clone version, folks might be getting creative with them. I guess there's just too many good, purpose built offerings from other sources to bother with the Bruiser outside of its old-school novelty.

On 7/13/2022 at 2:14 PM, Saito2 said:

Yeah, I kinda thought with the re-re and the China-clone version, folks might be getting creative with them. I guess there's just too many good, purpose built offerings from other sources to bother with the Bruiser outside of its old-school novelty.

Actually, yeah, I have both the re-re Bruiser and the clone version. I've been wanting to modify the clone with something like a 4-link. What video were you watching? Much easier to mess about with the clone than to destroy a beautiful marvel such as the Bruiser.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:22 AM, Saito2 said:

Wow!!! i am doing that to the Bruiser clone chassis parts I bought from here. Not going to modify by ReRe Bruiser any more I think