Kol__

Hi-caps difference between vintage and rere

Hi guys,

A Madcap I bought a while back came with a set of Hi-caps. Is there a way to tell if they're vintage or rere?

The shock bodies are all the same length, but with shorter rods and springs on the front ones. So not in the rere VQS style with the shorter front bodies and they look more like a silver finish that the darker grey shiny TF Evo ones.

Totally vintage HiCaps have a ventilation hole in the caps. No hole in later versions.

It's intriguing that yours have the clips and collars for spring tension (per Top Force Evo and not VQS, and not like vintage to my knowledge). The spring collar is also installed upside down ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

It's intriguing that yours have the clips and collars for spring tension (per Top Force Evo and not VQS, and not like vintage to my knowledge). The spring collar is also installed upside down ;)

Great info and link.  I also chuckled at the spring seat orientation, but perhaps the original owner wanted extra height or preload?  Not sure. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VINTAGE: Ventilation on top, blue flat seals, C-clip on bottom, no lower cap, thicker mounting spacers, chromed springs

RERELEASE: No ventilation hole on top, red seals, lower cap, thin mounting spacers, yellowish springs, different anodization.

Probably there are some other differences concerning cylinder length and so on.

Max

• Thanks 1

Nice one @Juls1, yep I've since read your thread mate - it's badass, one of the best on here. Kudos budB)