DTSCB

What motor for Top force evo with tble-04s esc and 66T spur, 25t pinion

I put the 69T spur gear back in and the 21T pinion on the 16T slot (as per the directions) and it was clicking worse this time.  Never left the work bench.  I was going to post a help thread, but RW racing pinions showed up in the mail today!  7 days from order placed to my door with coming over the great pond!  Super fast.  Thanks RW! 

More to come. 

22T gear with the 69T spur still.  Still max motor timing.  (Mostly because I forgot to change it back, but in a much cooler running temp, it may not matter.)

Initial cold motor temp was 70F (car was in the basement due to some missing nuts/screws repairs that delayed continued running until I got replacement parts)
Ambient driveway temp in shade was 52F (Air temp was likely around 65F but much cooler over night)
Motor temp was 94F at the hottest spots (lots of 80s, maybe even a high 70s) (5min in it was 85F)
Battery was 78F
ESC heat sink was 94F
ESC black box was 94F

While today was a "warmer" day (for October), everything being so much cooler is likely throwing my temps off for a fair comparison.

I tried the RW 21T pinion on the bench and briefly on the basement floor and it wasn't happy like the stock 21T pinion on the 69T spur.  The 22T RW pinion seemed great. 

I did the 23T gear on a colder day.  About 45F.  None of the temps anywhere on the car were in the 90s. 

I did the 24T gear today

ground was 47F, but the air was warmer (temp increasing)
the motor got up to 90F (about 75F 5min in)
ESC was 94F and even found a 100F hot spot. 
Battery was at 72F

So, the main reason for doing the temps is so you don't burn anything out.  The second reason it if the motor can't push the car any faster, it runs hotter and slower at wide open throttle, but the wheel speed is the same. 

Should I also be check my top speed and checking that it is increasing? 

I can't take my jumps at Wide Open Throttle anymore.  The car sort of nose dives like it did on the ramp that was too short. 

Having done a lot of brushed stuff, this going a lot faster brushless is less fun some how.  I'm tearing around, but having to keep slowing down, tires breaking loose all the time otherwise.  It has sort of turned bashing around my home track and jumps into work.  I'll have to rethink my jumps again too.