Stewpac15

Positive experience buying from TC member

Just wanted to share my very limited, but very positive experience purchasing a King Yellow (g6-01) from TC member Rush Rebel.  I saw the item on the buy/sell section and inquired about if it was still for sale and it was.  My problem was that I was looking for a new home at the time and the rental I was in was just too small to pack anymore into so I asked Rush Rebel if he could hang onto it for me until I got moved into the new place.  I didn't know how long it would be, but I was hoping for less than 2 months.  

Fast forward and I got the new place, moved everything out of the rental, and promptly forgot all about Rush Rebel and the King Yellow until he kindly messaged me asking if I was ready to have it delivered.  He paid a hefty fee for shipping, bought a brand new box to ship in, and threw in an extra surprise to top it off!

All that is just to say that I'm pretty much over the moon with how things went.  Rush Rebel always got back with me when I asked something and was extremely prompt when shipping.

My other 2 or 3 purchases from members on here have been exceptional as well.  

Thanks everyone for making this the friendliest forum I've ever been a part of!

• Like 12

Every purchase I have made here, and nearly all from the other side of the world have been fantastic, and yes the bonus surprises are a Tamiya club “thing”, it truly is the most polite, respectful forum that I have been lucky enough to be a member of.

Thanks to everyone here and the Moderators for making it what it is.......

• Like 9

Stewpac15:

Thank you for the kind words, it was a pleasure doing business with you as well. Glad to hear that the move went well. Be sure to post pics, should you decide to build the kit. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Every purchase I have made here, and nearly all from the other side of the world have been fantastic

^^^ This.  100%

• Like 1

I've also had nothing but good experiences buying here!

Whether it was a small part in exchange for a token few £ or a full model. Always the same kind of attention and care taken to packaging and communication.

I've had several items sent to me totally gratis, too. Very kind!

I did have one "interesting" experience the other way though, when I sent a member some parts  and they didn't even offer to pay for the postage. I would have probably said don't worry about it but they didn't even offer 🤣

I thought it was common procedure that you insist on paying, even if you know the person is going to say "don't worry about it" 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I've also had nothing but good experiences buying here!

Whether it was a small part in exchange for a token few £ or a full model. Always the same kind of attention and care taken to packaging and communication.

I've had several items sent to me totally gratis, too. Very kind!

I did have one "interesting" experience the other way though, when I sent a member some parts  and they didn't even offer to pay for the postage. I would have probably said don't worry about it but they didn't even offer 🤣

I thought it was common procedure that you insist on paying, even if you know the person is going to say "don't worry about it" 

Its called manners.

TC is a great place to buy. I've bought 3-4 from @Saito2 over the years and never an issue.  Also recently bought another TXT-2 from @Rb4276 and met him in person to pick it up.  I think it's pretty rare (or even unheard of) for a member here to have a bad experience buying from another member.  Glad it all worked out for you.