Sign in to follow this  
FromageTheDog

Tamiya replacement bodies -- include stickers?

Really want a Thunder Shot, but not really interested in yet another one of these chassis (already have the Terra Scorcher and Thunder Dragon).  If I buy the Tamiya replacement body from Tamiya USA or Tower or whatever, will it include the stickers?

@FromageTheDog it depends...

If you can find a complete body set (Tamiya normally make them available, but I know nothing about this buggy), that would normally include stickers too

If you can only find the body shell, then you will need to buy the stickers separately

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the buggy so not sure if these are right, but a quick Google search led me to here:

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=283796&lang=eng

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=283795&lang=eng

• Like 3

Ah!  Perfect -- thank you both for the very informative responses.  I hadn't even considered Tamico as I'm in the US, but they've got everything in stock now...  Very tempting!

...and maybe not.  Over $70 with shipping!  I'll wait for Tamiya USA...  -_-

Its a double edged sword, but I miss when Tamiya made "body parts sets" for everything with everything needed to fully complete a kit's body. It saved the miserable job of having to track down all the bits and bobs to make a full body. On the other hand, its nice able to buy certain body parts separately. MRC would break up kits and body sets and re-bag parts separately BITD which helped, but supply seemed sporadic. I remember having to just keep checking my LHS to see if MRC happened to send a "loose" set of Lunch Box decals (these loose decal sets were just put in a basket on the shop's display cabinet) that month.

Tamiya is all over the place on this issue. Some bodies are sold with nothing, Some come with stickers, window masks and plastic parts tree. Hit or miss depending on the body and price does not mean that it comes with everything.

4 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I've been looking on eBay too, but haven't found any Thunder Shot stickers that weren't priced to the moon.  At least not yet.

For anyone that needs Terra Scorcher stickers, though, that would be a good option!

Hi Guys,

On the topic of stickers, can anyone recommend a vinyl sticker brand with different colours?

Cheers 

MMM