Sign in to follow this  
smirk-racing

any referrals to US-based painters?

Hi All,

I'm terrible at painting, so even creating box-art is a hassle for me, but forget about more advanced beautiful designs. Not happening.

Does anyone have referrals to a US-based painter whose work has been very good? Looking for someone who has done work for TC members.

Thanks!

Lunchbox shell (lexan).

I was hoping to see a painter’s portfolio and just pick something from there as a starting point. I don’t have a specific concept in mind. I do have a box art shell so no need for another one of those. 

if you have any ideas or pointers please send them my way. Looking for inspiration. 

Here's something I did for Scollins based on his contest-winning design.  Holiday inspiration:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=133233&id=5414

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=134457&id=5414

I did a cattle-themed "Bump Steer" Lunch Box in the past too.

Plenty of guys doing A-Team and Scooby Doo vans 

Love to do a 70s wizard mural or space-themed custom van someday, or one with side bubble heart windows.

Just some thoughts.

Wow those are so cool. Did you make the stickers yourself? I love the way the windshields turned out. 

Looks like you used a white abs plastic body there. No reason a lexan body would not turn out similarly, except for the chrome and detail bits which aren’t quite as well defined in lexan. 

If you are feeling an itch for another project drop me a DM. I have a shell on hand. 

Regardless thanks for sharing those pics. Awesome and creative design. Your sense of fun is a great match for Tamiya models. The reason I have not found a painter I like is that most of the usual RC paint guys are doing the same alien / tribal race buggy designs all day. I suppose those folks do have the skills to do other designs but I lack the creativity to give them good suggestions.