spacer.png
Anyone seen this yet? Expensive but looks cool. I fancy one(so much I may be in the process of a preorder)for a TXT or Clod build. I know there’ll be a few thoughts here about this. Suggestions?

I think it looks rad.  I've been trying very hard to ignore it.  ;) 

My biggest concern with it would be RC4WD's hit-or-miss product quality.  That, and the fact that all of the parts/accessories are 3D printed Shapeways items, and not IM plastic or CNC aluminum.  A 3.3lb chassis with monster truck parts seems like it would make short work of 3D printed should mounts and such, IMO.

Personally, I'd probably buy it sans accessories, and try to just fab stuff up as required.  I think a build with LMT or SMT axles would be great, as spares/options are plentiful.

Luckily shipping to Canada is almost $50usd, so I doubt I'll be getting one soon... :lol:

• Like 3

Sooo, massive willpower failure and Rc Bitz will have one on the way as soon as Martin has them in.

Rc4wd can be hit or miss indeed but hopefully it'll be the hit side of things. I'm likely to fab up what i need from delrin and alloy once the designs are prototyped in PLA on the printer, shouldn't be anything too complicated with any luck.

Onto the tricky bit now, what running gear? Clod is the B plan i think as the TXT/Jugg will look way more scale. Not sure i want too use the original transmission as the thing is huge but i'm not great at gear ratio stuff so anyone have any ideas on an Axial or Rc4wd clone that would work and not kill the budget even more!?

I'm looking at trying those Michelin MegaXBIB tyres and really fancy the Ignitor headlocks too and the body is yet to be decided. I want to make a decent effort at a scale build here but not to the point I'm scared to run it.

For a scale build it looks cool, will definitetly be top heavy being made from steel.  If you want to run TXT axles the Axial trans will work well.  I run that trans in one of my TXT-2s and it runs great.  I love TXT axles and they're quite durable so that would make for a cool build. 

The MegaXbib tires are a bit on the smaller side as far as diameter, but they look nice.  I have a few sets of the Ignitor beadlocks and they're very nice looking wheels, but I dont use them anymore since they're way too heavy for racing. For scale looks though, very nice.  

• Like 1

@87lc2 thanks, I’ll get an axial box ordered up and see what I can come up with. Might even use some brass to even out the CoG. What motor do you run in the TXT?
I was a bit wary of the size of those Michelin ones so I’ll hold off just now and see what looks right out of the rims and tyres I have already and see if the smaller size will look right  

I’ve been searching for a picture of a built chassis and can’t seem to find one so far to get a gauge of size for body/wheels etc. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen one built either but I know a few guys who have bought them.  If any get finished soon I'll post some pictures. 

I run a 4700kv 3660 motor in that TXT-2 with the Axial trans.  It's geared pretty low (around 11/56 I think) and it moves pretty good.  

For tires I think the JC Firestorms or Golden Years are the ticket with this chassis.  I have'nt seen one in person but being 1/8 scale it will probably be pretty big so you'll want a larger tire for it to look right.  

• Thanks 1

So its now here and I like it!!!

Robbed the axles etc from another build to have a quick and dirty look and it's nice. Super chuffed with it and props to RC Bitz for getting it to me fast even though he was on his holidays!

KQ8qtGo.jpg

Definitely 1/8 scale, my Bedlam body is way too small for it! I'll hack up my sad looking USA-1 body later and see how that fares. Crawler bodies are probably going to be the ones for this thing. 

I'll get better shots with wheels etc later on once my "apprentice" is in his bed:D

• Like 2