Sign in to follow this  
Rb4276

Too force evo gear diff parts question

Is this the correct bevel gear set 51008 to fit for the diff cups 53790 to convert my other gearbox of my evo? I purchased months ago and can’t remember. I would rather not open them if they are wrong. What gear set do I need? Is it 50529? I have an extra set of them too.

110569FA-2ABA-42DD-8CC4-064CEB04AB1D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Is this the correct bevel gear set 51008 to fit for the diff cups 53790 to convert my other gearbox of my evo? I purchased months ago and can’t remember. I would rather not open them if they are wrong. What gear set do I need? Is it 50529? I have an extra set of them too.

110569FA-2ABA-42DD-8CC4-064CEB04AB1D.jpeg

Watch this video 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uuz2vSrjA8

• Like 1

That is the problem I literally get different responses and different part numbers from various people. I wanted to use the diff cups in the photo because they dont have the grooves like the other ones I used for my first gear diff conversion. They are also $15 as opposed to a few bucks. I was told these lock in and won’t round/strip like what happens to the ball diff and possible again with the gear diff conversion. 

The first ball diff I converted I used these parts 50529 gear set, 53218 touring car hard joint cup & 50602 bevel gear set. Obviously I could use them again but these other parts I first posted I was told are better and because the diff cups dont have those ribs that can wear or strip and this lock in better. 

6 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

That is the problem I literally get different responses and different part numbers from various people. I wanted to use the diff cups in the photo because they dont have the grooves like the other ones I used for my first gear diff conversion. They are also $15 as opposed to a few bucks. I was told these lock in and won’t round/strip like what happens to the ball diff and possible again with the gear diff conversion. 

try the 53790 with 50529.

Just buy the Mantaray differential parts. I’ve ran nothing but brushed modifieds and high horsepower brushless in my childhood TF and never melted or stripped differential parts, what the heck are you all doing to your Top Forces? Full throttle to reverse? Wheel stands? 3s power?

5 hours ago, GTodd said:

Just buy the Mantaray differential parts. I’ve ran nothing but brushed modifieds and high horsepower brushless in my childhood TF and never melted or stripped differential parts, what the heck are you all doing to your Top Forces? Full throttle to reverse? Wheel stands? 3s power?

Someone in the top force facebook page says the new molds for the pressure plate cap and the joint cup are definitely not the same quality. He said the same as you that they thrashed theirs, unless that was you on there lol. I find it odd that my rear ball diff is perfectly fine and the front failed. 

Lol not me. Glad to hear it’s just not me thinking that way.