Snappy1

The Vanqgress 2001

So I picked up a vintage hybrid off the evil bidding site, original Vanquish  chassis, broken in all the usual places, 

It has new front and rear arms, new gearboxes, motor mount, new gear diffs, front and rear bumpers, Egress front and rear shock towers and a NOS Avante 2001 top frp chassis replacing the broken Vanquish bits.

It also came with a TBG body and wing and the original creme wheels.

It has vintage Egress high caps, I saw what it was made up of and jumped on it, 

I then had the ultimate Doh moment, how am I going to fit a steering servo without all the VQS bits?

Without drilling the vintage chassis I pretty much must buy VQS parts?

Anyone have some ideas of what direction to take this?

I already have an Egress, 2  2001’s and a VQS so originality isn’t a priority.....

D568D4B3-38F2-407E-8CC7-85BE0A6E75D9.jpeg

52FA3EBF-C565-4B05-B67B-0176F69D9C16.jpeg

A9ED3800-B15F-4F04-8C82-BA617BC7FD1C.jpeg

• Like 2

If you don't want to modify the FRP deck, I would mount the servo to the plastic tub in front of the motor, by 'just' making some stand offs to mount a thin aluminium plate, that you could then double sided servo tape the servo to, or put holes into it to mount normal rectangular servo mounts to, and stick the ESC and Rx to the FRP with double sided servo tape.

• Thanks 1

Just get the cheapest lower deck you can find, and run the 2001 chassis setup. Without the proper middle connections between the tub and upper, this car is gonna be a floppy mess.

• Like 1

Hmm. Look at that. A 2001 upper deck matted to a Vanquish tub. See something new everyday.

• Like 1

What a great find @Snappy1, bet you're chuffed. Every second hand purchase has its surprises, that's what keeps it interesting! Enjoy bud👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MadInventor said:

If you don't want to modify the FRP deck, I would mount the servo to the plastic tub in front of the motor, by 'just' making some stand offs to mount a thin aluminium plate, that you could then double sided servo tape the servo to, or put holes into it to mount normal rectangular servo mounts to, and stick the ESC and Rx to the FRP with double sided servo tape.

I think this will be my solution, it is still in the post so I will update this thread as it’s done

• Like 1

Ok, so it has arrived, I just had a good look and I am very happy, which is a change when you don’t buy from this community.

The good, the chassis is very very clean , it also has new ceramic bearings fitted.

The centre diff is completely intact, overall there is very little wear, so much so that it would appear to be one of those cars that broke very early and was put aside waiting on non available parts.

The bad,  the Avante 2001 top deck gives the car no structural integrity whatsoever, it’s seriously bad.

To top it off it’s overall so clean that it now will have to have the full resto treatment,  I couldn’t justify bashing a vintage car this clean.

• Like 1

Up date on this one, VQS chassis tub and D tree coming my way, still need the VQS towers but it will go back to Vanquish with hop ups

• Like 1