Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

LRP Twister Buggy, views?

Now, this is a non Tamiya question, hope that is allowed. 

Came across a LRP Twister Buggy kit for a DT-03 (Amazon) price. Already have a DT-02 so not that keen on getting another DT. Anyone had any experience with this chassis? Views on it? There are very little reviews on the Internet and some of them are German and all of them are for the RTR one. 

If that kit is still there by my next payday I am thinking of grabbing it if there are some good feedback. 

The Twister actually looks decent.

I'd like to share my experience with an LRP kit. I had the LRP S10 blast TC which I converted to a rally car. IT's very sturdy and way, way much better than a TT-02s out of the box as it comes with a bunch of hop-ups as standard. I'm really surprised with its quality and performance. The only reason I sold it to my friend was because I purchased the XV-01 already and have another FF-03 rally car. My friend was so happy with his purchased because I did some chassis modifications and supped up the kit even more with light-wieght parts.

You can see it here:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

comes with a bunch of hop-ups as standard

Yes, that is why I a looking the Tamiya catalogue these days. For the same money as a DT-03, I get better parts instead of having to spend more to get decent parts. 

Don't get me wrong, I still buy Tamiyas though, just something different and affordable like this one caught my eye. 

Now just hope it will still be there when my payday comes. 

One of my RC Friends has the Twister buggy. Out of the box the Twister is faster compared to the DT02. The damping is better too. Problem is spare parts availability. But I read somewhere that LRP will rerelease the Twister (see also LRP website) so parts will be available soon I guess. We run the Twister and DT02 alongside and I think the Twister is the better one in standard form.

• Thanks 1

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Twister is based on one of the older Associated race buggies, so if that is true, it ought to be well worth the money.

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Twister is based on one of the older Associated race buggies, so if that is true, it ought to be well worth the money.

TBH, just looking at the pictures on LRP site, it looks somewhat similar to my DT-02 as well. 😆

OK, I just went ahead and bought it for £89.99. Don't want to risk it being gone by payday. 

• Haha 1